Mar 5 - Sri Lanka vs Australia

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So annoying how long it has been since our next match.

Smith making a positive spin out of the expected spin paradise awaiting our batsmen Smith eyes spinning deck | Cricket World Cup 2011, Live Cricket | Fox Sports

Should be a good test for him to see how he goes on the turning track and of course how our batsmen go. If they go well against SL spinners then that goes a long way to putting the can't handle spin theory to rest.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The match of the tournament for me. Both teams in good form. SRL playing at home and with a spinning track in sight, this should be a cracker. I feel the home team does have the advantage here and we might just see the proud Aussie record go down here.

From an Aussie perspective, I would want to see Ricky score some much needed runs- a class act, who is in his last cup, should be interesting how he handles this one here.

----------

At 10/11, both are favorites. No scope for any arbitrage here. Might have to look at the odds of other matches.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
If Australia lose regular wickets when batting I think it will be really hard to steadily milk the SL spinners. I can see some major bog-down happening. BUT....if someone can stay in and makes a big score, then I think the Aussies can do well here. And when bowling, if the fast men can take 3 wickets in the first 15 and get into the less special batsmen quickly, I think it will be Australia's day. So there you have it, they need a big scorer and some early wickets or I think SL might get them.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
I believe this is the first time in SL's history they are favourites (joint) against Australia. The toss will be very crucial in deciding the outcome of the game.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is a huge match. I expect it to be cracker. Its Australia's pace vs Lankan guile.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sri Lanka, it is! In the subcontinent against Sri Lankan spinners, I see the Aussies struggling big. They struggled against Chawla's spin in the warmup. Murali is itching to make this a glorious swansong.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Really going to be Match of the tournament

War

Chairman of Selectors
If AUS win this ill be confident they win win the world cup.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Ohhh this is big.. AUS yet to loss a match in WC for last 3 worldcups ... will be their biggest test this one

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
For some reason, I have this feeling that since Pakistan was the last team to beat Australia in WC (1999), it will again be Pakistan that will break Aussie's winning streak. :thumbs

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
One of the most awaited games of this World Cup.SL will be looking to break the strings of Aussies consecutive wins in World Cups

Users who are viewing this thread