Mar 23 - Pakistan v West Indies (Quarter-Final 1)

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
I don't support anyone for this match.

So my line-ups would be -

PAK:- A Shafiq, M Hafeez, Y Khan, U Akmal, M Ul-Haq, K Akmal, A Razzaq, S Afridi, U Gul, S Ajmal, S Akthar/W Riaz

WI:- D Smith, C Gayle, D Bravo (w), S Chanderpaul, K Pollard, R Sarwan, D Sammy (c), A Russel, S Benn, R Rampaul/D Bishoo, K Roach

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
In the office pool, I have WI winning the toss, Pakistan winning the match. Margin is 4-5 wickets/ 50-70 runs. Key players are (in order) Afridi, Gayle, Gul, and Roach. Let's see how that goes for me. I don't usually support Pakistan, but I'm a big Umar Gul fan and I've got money riding on this one.

I can't think what team the WI will field. My guess is: 1 Gayle 2 Smith 3 Bravo 4 Chanderpaul 5 Sarwan 6 Pollard 7 Sammy 8 Russell 9 Benn/Bishoo 10 Rampaul 11 Roach. Of course, this requires Bravo to keep. Playing two spinners against Pakistan doesn't make too much sense. Plus Rampaul's the in-form bowler, and Russell was impressive against England. You can't keep Roach out, because he has pure pace and can rattle the Pakistani batters the way Lee did. I'd have dropped Sammy, but he's the captain.

Pakistan's easier, I think: 1 Hafeez 2 Kamran 3 Shafique 4 Younis 5 U Akmal 6 Misbah 7 Afridi 8 Razzaq 9 Gul 10 Ajmal 11 Riaz. There isn't really any need to change up here. WI have plenty of lefty batters, so I would go with Ajmal over Rehman. And if you're sentimental, you can give Shoaib a run over Riaz, but I'm not sure Afridi's gonna do that.

Zayed Cricket

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So i think its a good news for pakistan team because of 4 or 5 lefties so Ajmal will be good for them..Afridi told that Ajmal will play in this match:yes

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
sigh, akthar not getting a game... looks like his retirement plan didn't work.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Chanderpaul at the moment might not be such a big in. They do need the batting, but they might not get it.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's a big blow to West Indies, all hopes on Pollard now. BTW is Chanderpaul playing this?

nassah

School Cricketer
Damn, that's quick. Three wickets already. Loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread