Mar 23 - Pakistan v West Indies (Quarter-Final 1)

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You surely mean "girls stop squabbling, put your handbags down and step away from the keyboad"

----------

Such a shame the semi was so one-sided, I think the World Cup should only infrequently visit this bunch of hosts as it doesn't produce a fair playing field.

Oh why oh why oh why does England's semi have to be so late? Maybe deliberately scheduled so that more England fans are able to watch, or perhaps stupidly scheduled so (not for the first time) it clashes with major footballing events :facepalm

Wales vs England 26/03/11 @ 3pm
Sri Lanka vs England 26/03/11 @ 9am

A match that should last something like 6.5 hours playing time starts six hours before a big England football game. Then again the ECB schedules home fixtures and they aren't that clever with days/dates and make a right mess of bank holidays

It wasn't the pitch, nor the ground, nor the spectators that were responsible for this one-sided game. It was poor batting by the WI. This World Cup has been very good so far, with even the meaningless group matches producing exciting contests.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Brothers

I have tons of Pakistani friends in real life. We treat each other as brothers, not as enemies.

Truth be told, We (Indians and Pakistanis) as a collective are nowhere near being friends or brothers.

We could be and should be friends and brothers though.

As individuals we are fine, I have always treated every person from Pakistan with Respect and Kindness I have met.

As a Group we have big problems though.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Truth be told, We (Indians and Pakistanis) as a collective are nowhere near being friends or brothers.

We could be and should be friends and brothers though.

As individuals we are fine, I have always treated every person from Pakistan with Respect and Kindness I have met.

As a Group we have big problems though.

and we can start respecting each other right here on the forum.... have to start somewhere

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Why is the West Indian captain in the team . I mean what is his role in the team ?. He came ahead of Roach and Paul and both of them seemed to play better than him. He looked pretty ordinary out there .

:D

Owzat

International Coach
It wasn't the pitch, nor the ground, nor the spectators that were responsible for this one-sided game. It was poor batting by the WI. This World Cup has been very good so far, with even the meaningless group matches producing exciting contests.

I don't think I was really blaming the pitch, probably should have split those two comments into separate points.

My second point is that spin can be such a key factor, and as such favours certain sides who are blessed with spin rather than being a level playing field.

Although to some degree a mental block about spin can cause silly collapses, not knowing how to score runs off a spinner can force seemingly unforced errors in different ways :

- feeling you have to score off the seamers so taking silly risks and playing silly shots - or indeed feeling you have to score quickly in the powerplays

- feeling a perceived weaker spinner is the bowler you have to score off so underestimating the part-timer by virtue of being desperate to score runs off someone

- getting bogged down, actually or mentally, meaning you just don't play to your best.

That said is it a coincidence that EIGHT West Indies wickets fell to spinners? SIX were LBW or bowled by spinners. An inability of the West Indies to play spin didn't help, would that be so important if the World Cup was held elsewhere..................?

Users who are viewing this thread