Mar 25 - South Africa v New Zealand (Quarter-Final 3)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I went to bed thinking 220 was good enough. I've been saying that South Africa are good at scoring quickly but bad at batting properly, but I must admit I'm surprised NZ were that much better, because in recent times we've seen a lot of clumsy batting and clumsy bowling.

Much like in the England game, where Trott and Bopara built the innings which gave them a shot, real nerve was shown by Ryder and Taylor in the seemingly forgotten art of batting as long as you can. It was a tedious pitch. There were probably just a few more runs in it, but while it wasn't the sort of pitch that saw the ball whizzing through forward defences, batsmen still found it easy to get out when trying to score.

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm just glad I don't have to see Imran Tahir's OTT wicket celebrations for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Happy for NZ. I backed SL to win before the WC started but would be great to see Pakistan or NZ win it.:p

just_cricket

Club Captain
No cricketen way!
I went to bed after our innings thinking the match was more or less gone, but wtf!

Where are all those people who think Oram shouldn't be there now...

Yeah, I was thinking the Oram thing myself. People were also rubbishing Kane Williamson's selection but his finishing cameo was of utmost importance as it turned out.

What a great day for New Zealand cricket!

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I've had a gift for making terrible predictions this WC, so I'm not gonna put the kiss of death on NZ now.

It would be great to see them lift the trophy though, and will hopefully ease the pain of losing the rugby final to Australia come October :)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well somethings will never change. South Africa will always choke and New Zealand will always slither through to semis. I can't believe how Saffers did themselves in. All the kudos to Kiwis for taking advantage of their nervy opponents. It all started when all the kiwis and Duplessis had an altercation. Kiwis might just have planned to get under the skin of the knockout wary Africans. I have never seen such aggressive intent from Kiwi teams of the past. It will be intriguing to see how they carry the momentum against Lankan/England.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I've been relishing this all day, league, now cricket, bring on the union!

Not to forget the FIFA WC as well ... NZL crashed out unbeaten managing draws against then champions Italy . Good signs for NZL this , but aren't they the chokers when it comes to rugby ?? I still cannot forget the domination they possessed in the previous WC but yet managed to lose to France in the QFs IIRC .

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
12th man does get the match fee I reckon!

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who was 12th man though? Because How was out in the field fielding for Ryder who went off.

ferg512

International Coach
How good was Woodcock as well?! First game of the tournament and makes a solid 3* and 1-24 off 5 overs. I know it sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I'm not. I really expected him to get smashed for 10 an over, they really should have given him a game against one of the minnows though in hindsight..

Users who are viewing this thread