Mar 29 - Sri Lanka v New Zealand (Semi-Final 1)

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Odds from bet365

Sri Lanka v New Zealand - R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

New Zealand will be on a high after beating South Africa, but playing Sri Lanka at home is always tough. Should be a closer contest than SL/ENG thats for sure.

Whats the news on Murali? dont think they'll risk him if he isn't 100% fit... which he obviously wasn't in the quarter final.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SL aren't known to be chokers and apart from some brilliance from Pakistan, SL have looked good throughout. As expected it will take something special from the Kiwis to get up.

ferg512

International Coach
I know its unrelated to this match, but I just watched the 2nd innings of the quarter final. Wow, never been as pumped as a NZ fan since that time Elliott was run out against England and we won.

On topic though, I wonder whether we will make any changes. I'm still not 100% sure on Woodcock but at least he bowls spin so hes always going to have a chance. It would be pretty risky playing either McKay or Tuffey, and thank goodness Franklins gone, or is he injured??

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
I know its unrelated to this match, but I just watched the 2nd innings of the quarter final. Wow, never been as pumped as a NZ fan since that time Elliott was run out against England and we won.

That Oram catch to get Kallis was a blinder. Turning-point of the game.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
my tip is that this semi final thread will have significantly less replies than the india pakistan one.

but yeah, repeat of the 2007 semi-final. I would back the same result.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

On topic though, I wonder whether we will make any changes. I'm still not 100% sure on Woodcock but at least he bowls spin so hes always going to have a chance. It would be pretty risky playing either McKay or Tuffey, and thank goodness Franklins gone, or is he injured??

Don't think he's injured. He's done nothing this whole tournament except for that over against Canada. Williamson proved that he can find the gaps and rotate the strike in the last match and should be retained.

You would think that Tuffey would be above McKay in the pecking order. Woodcock wasn't that great last match to be honest, though he didn't do as badly as I thought he would.

Tuffey should just play and bowl one over to get his usual first over wicket :p

McKay has a habit of taking wickets with terrible balls, like Mitchell Johnson. He also provides the left arm variation that we don't have with Franklin not playing. He's also much much faster than Tuffey. I'd pick him personally.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
All my vCash on the Kiwis (need it to multiply ....... quick)

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I don't think Nzl can pull it off against SL, they've never won a semi-final IIRC. I have put all my vCash on SL, so they better prove me right. :p

Users who are viewing this thread