Mar 8 - New Zealand v Pakistan

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was a good performance from the Kiwis. Like I said, Pak does have issues it needs to address, but it shouldn't take away from what was a clinical performance.

They built a steady base before exploding (and really exploding) when they batted. The bowlers bowled extremely well with the new ball, and they fielded exceptionally during slippery conditions.

I feel if the Kiwi players weren't worried about what had happened in Christchurch during the Aussie game, then we could have had a much closer contest. The facts are their - they've thrashed (literally) everyone except Australia. Can't wait for their game against SL.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Both of you (Rehan and Papa) agree adding another bowler in the team but considering the collapse we got I am pretty certain Pakistan aint changing the combination. Its probably further increased the belief that this is the way to go.

Sad but true. If I had my way I'd be going with one of the lineups they mentioned, Razzaq should be in the side for his batting, he is not good enough to hold down a bowling spot and their most certainly are better options then him. However the same can be said about the batting and hence it makes more sense to play him as a batter.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
hmmmm and now I am seeing that Pak isn't qualifying for the Quarter Finals if they lose with Zimbabwe, their lost to Aussies is quite possible, infact very much. It takes immense focus to beat Austraillia. I am quite worried to be honest for my team. Against zimbabwe its a must win game in a way.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@S2Y: You are going for radical changes which cannot be done at this point in time. Its time for damage control and at this point these 14 players are probably the best equipped to take Pakistan to glory. Its just that they need to motivate themselves on the day.

I don't want any kind of "radical changes" but only better utilization of the resources. Junaid or Wahab must be there in the team, they are at least far better then Shoaib Akhtar now.
Kamran can be drop and Asad shafiq can take his place in batting lineup and Umar as keeper.
Every team try to bat their prime batsman at No.3 but we have Kamran Akmal on No.3 who is having lowest confidence after these mistakes.
We are wasting Razzaq by sending him at No.8.
If one want to remove these mistakes, he can do it in minutes but the problem is Afridi is bit overconfident about his captaincy. There was not one past player who didn't say that Pakistan is one bowler short but Afridi was still going with it and this cost him heavy. It must be clear by now that we never win our matches by our batting, its our bowling which win us matches.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
And Afridi has against recently said in an interview that they don't think that they are one bowler short. There are so many things on the table. There is also an option of Afridi opening the innings. In my view Afridi should come to bat at 3 instead of opening. Anyhow so much risk still.

I hope the management will play a good combination that will click Insha ALLAH.

Users who are viewing this thread