Mar 3 - Canada vs Pakistan

blazerix

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
isn't Canada basically made up of Indians and Pakistani cricketers with failed FC records in their home countries :p

So true. And more than half of them can't even speak english that well. That team is a joke.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Would love a dollar for the number of times Afridi + 'leading from the front' have been used in the same sentence in the last 24hrs...

P

pcfan123

So true. And more than half of them can't even speak english that well. That team is a joke.

The USA guys were the exact same way when I met them, disgrace really. No sense of pride in playing for country because they are not even Americans to begin with. The whole experience really turned me off USA cricket.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ We should have sent the Blue Jays instead. They probably would've done way better than this batting. And John Davison.

Owzat

International Coach
The momentum is with them for a change , so they should be atleast bettering their previous performances , if not , win the match itslef .

They did, but only marginally. There ain't much room for improvement between 120 odd and 180 odd without winning, I'd argue winning would be the only improvement worth making because regular scores of 120-180 won't get you very far. Next time they play in a World Cup, whenever that might be, they'll have lost any ground made because they don't get good enough exposure which is a shame.

----------

I still have doubts with regards to Afridi's tactics as a captain. He is very defensive and had four fielders inside the circle even for Ajmal, his attacking option :facepalm

You would/should be more worried if STRAUSS were your captain.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Canada really missed a trick in the middle overs when Ajmal and Hafeez were bowling to that ridiculous 4-in field. Could've tried to be a bit more adventurous then and you never know.

To be honest, I knew it was game over when Afridi came back for his second spell and started with his medium-pace legspin. That was some quality bowling and Canada were just not up for it. I thought Cheema had some potential but he just played a mindless slog to Afridi, AFTER having whacked him for a four not two balls earlier, and Afridi probably saw it coming from miles.

Pakistan's bowling line up have been a handful in the Sri Lankan conditions, especially under lights. Even today Umar Gul and Razzaq were getting the ball to wobble all over the place in the early overs. Sure, Canada made them look a bit better than they were today, but teams are not going to have a fun time chasing against these guys.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
No team deserved to win this. Pak for bottling it to be all out 183 against Canada. Canada for not being able to chase down 183.

Afridi was the difference between the two teams.

Users who are viewing this thread