Mar 23 - Pakistan v West Indies (Quarter-Final 1)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
What an entertainer it turned out to be !!! :rolleyes
And seriously , i feel Pollard is the most overrated cricketer to have ever played ODIs , he simply showcases his talent against Ireland & Holland and people have their jaws opened up only to see him make single digit scores against all top nations except against England where he made 24 , that too courtesy off a Ravi Bopara drop catch when the dumbo was not out on 8 . :facepalm

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just got back from work & I am amazed by the PAK performance. Its started to turn into a great WC :thumbs

----------

What an entertainer it turned out to be !!! :rolleyes
And seriously , i feel Pollard is the most overrated cricketer to have ever played ODIs , he simply showcases his talent against Ireland & Holland and people have their jaws opened up only to see him make single digit scores against all top nations except against England where he made 24 , that too courtesy off a Ravi Bopara drop catch when the dumbo was not out on 8 . :facepalm

Agreed, also dont be surprised if he does exceedingly well against any weak bowlers in the IPL.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Great victory of Pakistan. It doesn't happen often that a team wins by 10 wickets.

Hafeez finally scored some runs and that's what Pakistan needed.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Wasn't it a t20 match? :p

Pakistan's best performance under Afridi's captaincy so far they outplayed Windies in every department hopefully we'll continue this performance

Just 2 matches and we'll be there :)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Not surprised really. After all WI haven't beaten a side ranked above them in about 2 years.
Lots of failures and a few success stories.
Hopefully the injured players make a comeback and WI prepare good for India and Pakistan.
Hopefully Pollard doesn't see the WI jersey for a few years.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
atleast they had chances against India and England but today there were completely out of the game right from the start of the match

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
lol at the people who thought the west indies would win this.

pakistan are unpredictable, the west indies are just always shite.

LOL.

What a game. I was hoping to catch the second innings when I come back from uni, but I managed to watch Pakistan score the winning runs.

From the scorecard looks like a dominating performance by the Pakistani bowlers followed by pathetic cricket from the Windies. Hafeez got some runs as well and it was a very un-Pakistani game in the end.

The move to bring in Ajmal worked. With Hafeez capable of doing the new ball role, I am assuming Ajmal is likely to keep playing. Rehman has done nothing wrong but Ajmal is just a bigger threat. Next question is whether we pick in Akhtar or Riaz?

Good to see us into the semis and this team looks capable of going all the way. Lets see who we play and hopefully we kick their asses too :D

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What a great victory and speciallly on the day of 23rd March (The Pakistan Day). Celebrations all over. Just 2 games away from capturing the Crown!!!!

At the start, I was bit nervous when Gayle was batting and he smashed two fours. But soon he got out, West Indies fell like a lifeless statue.

Wonderful Support from Bangladeshi Crowd. I pay sallam to the whole crowd who supported Pakistan wonderfully throughout the match.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah it was nice to see a bangladeshi to paint his face half with Pak flag and half with Bangladesh flag.aND There were more Pakistanis than Sri Lanka

Users who are viewing this thread