Mar 29 - Sri Lanka v New Zealand (Semi-Final 1)

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If only Sanga or Dillu were out earlier. Well played NZ, atleast fought there in a virtually lost match.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
yes only if NZ had 3 more batsman paying for them also :D

----------

^^ So much brotherly love going on!! :rolleyes

Wait till it's broken up :p

Hoping Newzealand to win to lose off some peoples ego but again I am saying Srilanka will win it!!

But always you can hope that Newzealand wins it! They have capability and they have shown against the Africans!! Great bowling, they need to click with the bat and they could easily take that Wankhade revenge :p

Go Kiwis

(Waits for Lassana Dias to attack now :spy:rolleyes)

what can i say then just :lol

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Meh, to be politically incorrect, we got the furtherest out of the 'white' teams.

A large proportion of people on here were saying that we'd get knocked out in the first round, you know who you are, it's just that you've all gone rather quite since we came this far.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Meh, to be politically incorrect, we got the furtherest out of the 'white' teams.

A large proportion of people on here were saying that we'd get knocked out in the first round, you know who you are, it's just that you've all gone rather quite since we came this far.

Differently, if one said Kiwis would play the semi finals at the start, every body would joke about it!!! No they had a brilliant world cup!! and NZ supporters can be happy for their teams performance in this world cup!! go kiwis certainly won my respect :thumbs

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
For the first time in history of Cricket, Two Asian teams qualify for Final of the World Cup. I am happy the cup is staying home (pakistan) or nearest to home be it in Sri Lanka or India.

Auwais

International Coach

It's a pity that'll probably be largely overlooked with all the ridiculous hype over the other semi-final.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India

Well to be honest and fair, all logic and reason pointed towards New Zealand exiting in the quarter finals (they had to get that far at the very least as Zimbabwe, Canada and Kenya do not pose a threat to anybody). Their form coming into the World Cup was horrific to say the very least. However, they have outdone themselves and I think they have a lot to look forward to. If McCullum, Ryder, Guptill and Taylor bat to the enormous potential they have, New Zealand have a very strong top order. Once Trent Boult and Neil Wagner make the cut, New Zealand will also have a formidable pace attack with very good reserves in Southee, Mills, Boult and Wagner. Adam Milne has raw talent and still needs some time in domestic cricket but I think he could eventually make it. With his pace, he is certainly an exciting prospect. Then of course, you have two dependable spinners in Nathan McCullum and Daniel Vettori. On paper, it's a very good side, however, they don't live up to their potential as often as one would like.

Last edited by a moderator:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Well to be honest and fair, all logic and reason pointed towards New Zealand exiting in the quarter finals (they had to get that far at the very least as Zimbabwe, Canada and Kenya do not pose a threat to anybody). Their form coming into the World Cup was horrific to say the very least. However, they have outdone themselves and I think they have a lot to look forward to.

Some people on here were seriously saying New Zealand would lose in the first round to one of the minnows. If I had some time I'd go through and find all of the posts, but I'm not going to anyway, because as I said above they know who they are.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
haha yea, and as I said after the SA game, a big middle finger to you all who underrated us at the world cup.

jacobfelix

International Coach
where are all the people , who had strong feelings of lankas lossing :D. ple feel the same way in the finals :lol

Ah...Well...:D I made a research :D that Strange feelings take quite a bit of time to get into effect...:p so, as per the research, all of a sudden I have this strange sensational feeling :D that all my strange feelings will come into effect alltogether on Apr 2.So,on that day you have to bear the brunt all at once.:D

Users who are viewing this thread