missing textures the definative answers please

ritdav

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok i have the missing texture problem like many others.

Has anyone who has had this problem been able to solve it.If so how

Does anyone understand what causes it.I.E that the game works but certain bits have the words missing texture on it.
Is it possible to edit it in some way or change those bits.

The sad thing is it works much faster than cricket 2004 does on my system but i am blighted by this problem.

I have spent time searching the forum for info about the above and i don't think the 32mb to 64 mb video memory is the contibuting cause because according to the easyinfo tool it should work with 32mb and i changed my comp to 64mb and there was no diff.

Thanks
D

ndn_enigma

Club Cricketer
Normally it is a problem with the video card, not necessarily the memory, but also the type of video card you have.

Robin

School Cricketer
It's not a definitive answer but i've had missing texture issues with rough patches on the pitch. If this happens i reload my save game and the textures are present sometimes it takes 2 - 3 attempts.

Fe98

County Cricketer
Robin said:
It's not a definitive answer but i've had missing texture issues with rough patches on the pitch. If this happens i reload my save game and the textures are present sometimes it takes 2 - 3 attempts.
Same with me. And as in your case, a few reloads generally does the trick (sometimes one)

sid_19840

International Coach
I request that u pl post new threads only if the answers or ques are not available at the cricket 2005 faq thread.

ritdav

School Cricketer
well its not 100% clear and i wanted to see if there were any new thoughts out there if thats ok with you

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
ritdav said:
ok i have the missing texture problem like many others.

Has anyone who has had this problem been able to solve it.If so how

Does anyone understand what causes it.I.E that the game works but certain bits have the words missing texture on it.
Is it possible to edit it in some way or change those bits.

The sad thing is it works much faster than cricket 2004 does on my system but i am blighted by this problem.

I have spent time searching the forum for info about the above and i don't think the 32mb to 64 mb video memory is the contibuting cause because according to the easyinfo tool it should work with 32mb and i changed my comp to 64mb and there was no diff.
Here is the information as best as I can give you. There are two separate problems suffered by two different groups of people. Both sets experience the same problem.

On the one hand are people such as yourself, possibly -given your described problems- who have cards that may not be supported by the game. Your card may be powerful enough but just not supported. Which card do you have? (Always post basic specs with technical query)

On the other hand are all the other people who have cards which are supported by the game and who still get the missing texture problem. The answer here, I believe, lies in a bug inherent to the game. On occasion the game tries to look up texture files in the wrong directory (i.e, subdrirectories of the main folder) and can not find them there. This, as far as I'm aware is just bugginess and will affect everyone at some point. It even has happened to me a couple of times with the footmarks and I have a very powerful card with 256Mb RAM.

If it's happening all the time, either the installation is corrupted somehow or your card is incompatible. Hope that answer was definitive enough.

Users who are viewing this thread