Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I've uploaded the winning, 1979/80 Australia Ashes Team

This team beat England 3-0 in a 3 test series, to reclaim the Ashes they had lost when their Packer players were absent.

This team, heralded a return of key players post Kerry Packer World Series and also had one or two new players such as Alan Border and Kim Hughes.

Opening the batting are Rick McCosker, Ian Chappell and backed up by Julien Wiener.

The batting still had Greg Chappell and he was joined by the attacking Kim Hughes, tough Alan Border, and Peter Toohey.

The spinning was in good hands with Ashley Mallett, leg spinner, Jim Higgs and Ray Bright, the keeping was safe once again in the safe hands of Rodney Marsh.

The pace attack had the master bowler Dennis Lillee, backed up by Len Pascoe, Jeff Thomson, and the tireless left armer Jeff Dymock.

Enjoy!

(I will more likely upload some more teams from the decade over the next week including the 1979/80 England Ashes team which lost 0-3).

England would get their revenge as we know in 81....Botham's Ashes!

Last edited:

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Updated and Uploaded the West Indies 1920s, 1930s, 1940s and 1950s Classic Era Teams.
I love eeee your retro teams mate.. thank you so much for bringing this to 22 ... Bless up!
Post automatically merged:

Sensational stuff @Mouseydread - I will be releasing some rebel teams. Have made WI & England 82 as well some of the South African players. Haven’t made a huge attempt at likeness tbh but may revisit.

Gonna be working on the Aus team shortly and more South Africans.
Once it's the same teams from 19

I'll love it . Those were so gooddd

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated All West Indies Squads - the changes are to do with the famous star players to better reflect which foot they liked to play off and the side on or off they liked to play into. I have also updated Collis King who had no fielding skills and Carl Hooper who I've changed from Medium to Off Spin which it should have been (he's got a new face too). So it may be easier if you already had the teams to re-download them if you want the updated versions.

I've also created two classic West Indies teams

The 1976 "Grovel" Team that toured England in the hot summer of 1976 and introduced the world Michael Holding and Viv Richards sensational batting.

The 1979/80 "Fearsome Foursome" Team that travelled to and won in Australia for the first time. It heralded in a sensational pace bowling of Roberts, Holding, Croft and Garner with Malcom Marshall in reserve!

Enjoy! ,

Last edited:

RDB3

Club Cricketer
Updated All West Squads - the changes are to do with the famous star players to better reflect which foot they liked to play off and the side on or off they liked to play into. I have also updated Collis King who had no fielding skills and Carl Hooper who I've changed from Medium to Off Spin which it should have been (he's got a new face too). So it may be easier if you already had the teams to re-download them if you want the updated versions.

The 1976 "Grovel" Team that toured England in the hot summer of 1976 and introduced the world Michael Holding and Viv Richards sensational batting.

The 1979/80 "Fearsome Foursome" Team that travelled to and won in Australia for the first time. It heralded in a sensational pace bowling of Roberts, Holding, Croft and Garner with Malcom Marshall in reserve!

Enjoy! ,
Thanx for your hard work. Just watched Fire in Babylon documentary about the Great West Indian team. Can't wait to play with them

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Updated All West Squads - the changes are to do with the famous star players to better reflect which foot they liked to play off and the side on or off they liked to play into. I have also updated Collis King who had no fielding skills and Carl Hooper who I've changed from Medium to Off Spin which it should have been (he's got a new face too). So it may be easier if you already had the teams to re-download them if you want the updated versions.

Enjoy! ,

Sensational. I was absolutely thinking about trying to recreate the "grovel" series.

Using your WI players, a few of your "world" creations and some Aussies from a user I don't know (can only see their number on the academy), I've been able to create the WSC squads and hardly had to create a player myself. (Am doing some reskilling as whoever made the Aussie's overpowered them, even the obscure ones are over 90!)

Just playing the first WSC Supertest from 1977 now, using @WealeyH "road" sliders for Aus dry hard. I've raced to 66/1 off 8 8-ball overs, Roy Fredericks c&b by D.K. Lillee for 34 off 32!

Looks sensational.

Parth Desai

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Mouseydread

Appreciate your work in cricket 19. Will u be able to create these kits for Classic Carlton and United Series in Australia held in 96-97.

Attachments

• 110181862_172937584211591_6485623445295291008_n.jpg
    110181862_172937584211591_6485623445295291008_n.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 13

Parth Desai

Club Captain
Hi

A few other images for ur reference so that you can get an idea.

Attachments

• 000511.jpg
    000511.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
  • DxWM65bWwAAyMAf.jpg
    DxWM65bWwAAyMAf.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 271999.jpg
    271999.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Dwirvd8UwAAynsl.jpg
    Dwirvd8UwAAynsl.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 6
  • gettyimages-1279940-2048x2048 (1).jpg
    gettyimages-1279940-2048x2048 (1).jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 6

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded and updated players for West Indies 1990s.

The final flickers of greatness for West Indies. Alas by 91, some of the stalwarts of the 80s had retired, Greenidge, Richards, Logie, Harper, Dujon, Marshall and by mid decade Haynes and Richardson would retire also. Others would replace them but were not of the same level of the great 80s team which had aged together.

Walsh and Ambrose led the pace attack, and ensured the Windies won some tight series, however what could have been if Bishop had not got injured and Patterson remained a force? The Windies remained strong with the genius of Brian Charles Lara, he was ably assisted by Carl Hooper, Jimmy Adams and Shiv Chanderpaul with the batting, and though Walsh and Ambrose were brilliant they lost their number 1 ranking to Australia by 1995.

After that the slow decline began, despite their talent, Winston and Kenny Benjamin, Sherwin Campbell, Franklyn Rose, Keith Arthurton, Junior Murray, and Phil Simmons were in reality not the level of the teams gone by.

Enjoy

Hi

A few other images for ur reference so that you can get an idea.
Hi Parth, I m not a uniform man but others like @wasteyouryouth may have these kits :) I can try and see if I could a version of what you have posted but for quality kits there are others out there :)

Parth Desai

Club Captain

The final flickers of greatness for West Indies. Alas by 91, some of the stalwarts of the 80s had retired, Greenidge, Richards, Logie, Harper, Dujon, Marshall and by mid decade Richardson would retire also. Others would replace them but were not of the same level of the great 80s team which had aged together.

Walsh and Ambrose led the pace attack, and ensured the Windies won some tight series, however what could have been if Bishop had not got injured and Patterson remained a force? The Windies remained strong with the genius of Brian Charles Lara, he was ably assisted by Carl Hooper, Jimmy Adams and Shiv Chanderpaul with the batting, and though Walsh and Ambrose were brilliant they lost their number 1 ranking to Australia by 1995.

After that the slow decline began, despite their talent, Winston and Kenny Benjamin, Sherwin Campbell, Franklyn Rose, Keith Arthurton, Junior Murray, and Phil Simmons were in reality not the level of the teams gone by.

Enjoy
Also the pace attack of the 3s Walsh, Ambrose and Bishop were danger for any teams in 90s, not to forgot they were the pain for Aussies in CUB Tri Series as well in the late 90s.

Parth Desai

Club Captain

The final flickers of greatness for West Indies. Alas by 91, some of the stalwarts of the 80s had retired, Greenidge, Richards, Logie, Harper, Dujon, Marshall and by mid decade Haynes and Richardson would retire also. Others would replace them but were not of the same level of the great 80s team which had aged together.

Enjoy

Hi Parth, I m not a uniform man but others like @wasteyouryouth may have these kits :) I can try and see if I could a version of what you have posted but for quality kits there are others out there :)
Any chance can we import from Cricket 19.?

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Thanx for your hard work. Just watched Fire in Babylon documentary about the Great West Indian team. Can't wait to play with them
Fire in babylon is a great doc! Did you notice the young man at the beginning of the film on the beach who bowls a ball to the camera?

Any chance can we import from Cricket 19.?
I wish we could as I did this team with even more players in Cricket 19! Sadly from what I know we cannot, the rating system is slightly different.

Parth Desai

Club Captain

Enjoy

Really thanks for ur creations...... No worries.

RDB3

Club Cricketer
Fire in babylon is a great doc! Did you notice the young man at the beginning of the film on the beach who bowls a ball to the camera?

I wish we could as I did this team with even more players in Cricket 19! Sadly from what I know we cannot, the rating system is slightly different.
@Mouseydread no way is that really Jason Holder? It looked just liked him?

Users who are viewing this thread