Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
@Mouseydread how much have you done in the way or 80's and 90s players?
Let me see

Id say about 80% of 80s and 20% of the 90s - Ive got about 3 hours of editing ahead and I'll have all of them up for both decades for each test playing nation. I'm just about to upload India.

So 1970s
All complete.
World Team Complete.

So 1980s

Australia -complete
West Indies - complete
Pakistan -complete
India - complete
England - to be completed (Many players exist on my db because of inclusion in 70s).
New Zealand - to be completed (Many players exist on my db because of inclusion in 70s).
Sri Lanka - to be completed.
World Team complete

So 1990s
Australia - Complete
West Indies - Complete.
World Team complete.

So 2000s
Australia - Complete
West Indies - Complete

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1980s

A great period of improvement for India, the 1983 World Cup symbolised rise of India as a superpower nation and the non stop consumption of all things cricket. Kapil Dev carried the load for India, non more so than when he led the nation as one of the 4 best allrounders in the world.

It is easy to see now that the Indian team was talented with players from the 1970s still in the squad, and emerging talent in the 80s such as the great Sunil Gavaskar, strokemakers Mohinder Amarnath and Dilp Vengsarkar, , bald headed keeper Syed Kirmani, wily allrounder, Madan Lal, powerful and handsome Sandeep Patil, bespectacled Dilip Doshi. obdurate Yasphal Sharma, dashing Kris Skrikkanth, versatile Ravi Shastri, along with younger players like, the brilliant Mohammad Azhruddhin, Sanjay Manjrekar, Navjot Sidhu, and spin trio, Maninder Singh, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, Narendra Hirwani.

I always liked the Indian batsmen, like Vengsarkar and the Amarnath brothers, and the genius of Kapil Dev and was fascinated in mid decade when Azharuddhin ascended to great heights along with headline grabbing bowlers like, Laxman Siva and Narendra Hirwani. It was no surprise to see that in this era the Indian national side triumph in the short lived World Championship of Cricket and reached the semi finals of the 1987 World Cup and beat England in England in 1986 2-0 in a 3 match series.

This side now paved the way for greater things in the 30 years.

Enjoy!!!

If you need era uniforms I believe @Rowdoss is your man :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Let me see

Id say about 80% of 80s and 20% of the 90s - Ive got about 3 hours of editing ahead and I'll have all of them up for both decades for each test playing nation. I'm just about to upload India.

So 1970s
All complete.
World Team Complete.

So 1980s

Australia -complete
West Indies - complete
Pakistan -complete
India - complete
England - to be completed (Many players exist on my db because of inclusion in 70s).
New Zealand - to be completed (Many players exist on my db because of inclusion in 70s).
Sri Lanka - to be completed.
World Team complete

So 1990s
Australia - Complete
West Indies - Complete.
World Team complete.

So 2000s
Australia - Complete
West Indies - Complete
I might have something for you, if you're interested.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1980s

This a generation of cricketers that pushed the boundaries and covered themselves in glory and disgrace with equal measure. Ashes victories in 81 and 85 and again in 87/88 there was plenty to cheer for. None characterized this team more than the legendary Ian Botham. Sometimes this era is tarnished by the scandals, see Gatting, and Gower and the two "Blackwashes" by the mighty West indies. Make no mistake these boys could play for England, if only they didn't drink as much!

He though bombastic was not alone and was supported by other greats, pacer Bob Willis, opener Graham Gooch, elegant left hander, David "Lord" Gower, one of the best players of spin, Mike Gatting, joke a minute stroke player, Alan Lamb, decent spinners in Geoff Miller, Phil Edmonds and John Emburey.

There were many other cast members whose final day swansong in the sun was the 1992 World Cup with many at the end of the careers.

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1980s

Lots talent here, headed by one or two key players from the 1970s. They kicked off the decade in the 1979 - 80 season with a spurious win over the West Indies who were at their peakiest peak. Despite the absence of Viv Richards and the myopic umpiring of Fred Goodall, New Zealand had now assembled the talent to succeed in the decade ahead.

In 1985-1986 they beat their arch rivals Australia home and away and achieved their first away series victory against England in 1986 by 1 Test to nothing. In fact between that 1979-80 series and the 1989 season they had beaten all the Test playing nations in Test series for the first time.

The players are remembered well enough as many played in English county cricket. All rounder Richard Hadlee is the standout here and has an excellent new ball partnership with Ewan Chatfield (I've also updated the 1970s squad to include Chatfield). The bowling attack is also bolstered by Danny Morrison, Willie Watson, Martin Snedden and spinners, John Bracewell, and Stephen Boock and towards the end of the decade discovered Dipak Patel who would revolutionize how one day bowlers were deployed.

The batting is relatively strong with John Wright, and the brave, Bruce Edgar at the top of the order, Glenn Turner is available as a reserve but his best days were the 1970s, Martin Crowe is the great talent in the batting, but John F Reid, Ken Rutherford, young Andrew Jones, Jeremy Coney, Jeff Crowe, and veteran Geoff Howarth who was for a time captain, they make up a solid crew to choose from.

The keeping is in the sure hands of Ian Smith backed up by Warren Lees,

There are other gems here who when combined with above matured as a team by the end of the 1980s and reached it's peak early in the next decade in the 1992 World Cup.

I know @blockerdave has the infamous Fred Goodhall umpire creation. For authentic bad umpiring, download this dude!

If anyone wants me to upload the 1979-80, 1985-86 and 1986 sides let me know. TBH 99% of the players exist between NZ 1970s and NZ1980s with about 4 lesser used players to be created to make the three squads complete.

Last edited:

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uploaded New Zealand 1980s

Lots talent here, headed by one or two key players from the 1970s. They kicked off the decade in the 1979 - 80 season with a spurious win over the West Indies who were at their peakiest peak. Despite the absence of Viv Richards and the myopic umpiring of Fred Goodall, New Zealand had now assembled the talent to succeed in the decade ahead.

In 1985-1986 they beat their arch rivals Australia home and away and achieved their first away series victory against England in 1986 by 1 Test to nothing. In fact between that 1979-80 series and the 1989 season they had beaten all the Test playing nations in Test series for the first time.

The players are remembered well enough as many played in English county cricket. All rounder Richard Hadlee is the standout here and has an excellent new ball partnership with Ewan Chatfield (I've also updated the 1970s squad to include Chatfield). The bowling attack is also bolstered by Danny Morrison, Willie Watson, Martin Snedden and spinners, John Bracewell, and Stephen Boock and towards the end of the decade discovered Dipak Patel who would revolutionize how one day bowlers were deployed.

The batting is relatively strong with John Wright, and the brave, Bruce Edgar at the top of the order, Glenn Turner is available as a reserve but his best days were the 1970s, Martin Crowe is the great talent in the batting, but John F Reid, Ken Rutherford, young Andrew Jones, Jeremy Coney, Jeff Crowe, and veteran Geoff Howarth who was for a time captain, they make up a solid crew to choose from.

The keeping is in the sure hands of Ian Smith backed up by Warren Lees,

There are other gems here who when combined with above matured as a team by the end of the 1980s and reached it's peak early in the next decade in the 1992 World Cup.

I know @blockerdave has the infamous Fred Goodhall umpire creation. For authentic bad umpiring, download this dude!

If anyone wants me to upload the 1979-80, 1985-86 and 1986 sides let me know. TBH 99% of the players exist between NZ 1970s and NZ1980s with about 4 lesser used players to be created to make the three squads complete.
Your retro creations and contribution to the academy are great.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Sri Lanka 1980s.

This is Sri Lanka's first decade as test cricket participants, however these players reside fondly in the memories of any cricket follower. The Sri Lankan's were not naïve they could play shots and exhibited decent batting technique. They had veterans and they had players who would become stars later in the 1990s such as future captain, Arjuna Ranatunga and Aravinder Da Silva. Though not yet the strongest in the test arena, Sri Lanka could hold their own in the ODIs and had T20s existed they would have found a way to win.

Notable stars,

Attacking batsmen, Roy Dias and Duleep Mendis, talented allrounder Ravi Ratnayake, standard bearing pace bowler, Asantha De Mel, legendary star leg spinner, Somanchadra de Silva, tall and strapping swing bowler Rumesh Ratnayke, and skipper Ranjan Madugalle.

This is a squad that does not include others who formed AROSA Sri Lanka who underook a rebel tour and were later banned for life. Sri Lanka would have been much stronger in this era.

The players that cut short their career to join a rebel tour from this side are, Ajith de Silva, Bandula Warnapurra who would captain AROSA, spinner Lalith Kaluperuma, wicketkeeper, Mahesh Goodnatilleke, and Anura Ranasinghe. I will at some point soon create AROSA Sri Lanka as I did in Cricket 19.

Tip of the hat to @blockerdave who from my memory was the first to attempt AROSA Sri Lanka as far back as DB17 and that got me interested.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Uploaded Sri Lanka 1980s.

This is Sri Lanka's first decade as test cricket participants, however these players reside fondly in the memories of any cricket follower. The Sri Lankan's were not naïve they could play shots and exhibited decent batting technique. They had veterans and they had players who would become stars later in the 1990s such as future captain, Arjuna Ranatunga and Aravinder Da Silva. Though not yet the strongest in the test arena, Sri Lanka could hold their own in the ODIs and had T20s existed they would have found a way to win.

Notable stars,

Attacking batsmen, Roy Dias and Duleep Mendis, talented allrounder Ravi Ratnayake, standard bearing pace bowler, Asantha De Mel, legendary star leg spinner, Somanchadra de Silva, tall and strapping swing bowler Rumesh Ratnayke, and skipper Ranjan Madugalle.

This is a squad that does not include others who formed AROSA Sri Lanka who underook a rebel tour and were later banned for life. Sri Lanka would have been much stronger in this era.

The players that cut short their career to join a rebel tour from this side are, Ajith de Silva, Bandula Warnapurra who would captain AROSA, spinner Lalith Kaluperuma, wicketkeeper, Mahesh Goodnatilleke, and Anura Ranasinghe. I will at some point soon create AROSA Sri Lanka as I did in Cricket 19.

Tip of the hat to @blockerdave who from my memory was the first to attempt AROSA Sri Lanka as far back as DB17 and that got me interested.

Enjoy!
DB 14 Mousey, I’m that old!!

Users who are viewing this thread