My Batting Advice

Prior to delivery it shows bowlers strength and weakness, it shows the Batters if you are bowling.

Lindsey Doyle

I've found that with left handed batsmen when playing a shot on the off side (Left analog stick @ 11 o'clock & Right analog stick @ 11 o'clock) they sometimes slide wide to right hand side whilst playing the shot exposing all three stumps. This could be a controller issue maybe but i'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Happens to me too, especially when bowler is around the wicket. I wonder if it is the controller or specifically the PS3 as I tested this in the nets on my pc with an xbox controller and it doesn't happen even on legend level, it is easy to play a forward block at 11 o'clock, then tried at rookie level and even if you push it to 1 o'clock the batsmen jumps across perfectly in line.
Went back to the PS3 put it down to rookie level and my batsmen gets out of the way, it's maddening. The game is really good despite this and other quirks, if they get sorted it will be a top, top game.

Thank you really so much for making batting so idiotically difficult in career mode.

As said by a lot before me, the jump from the level before pro to pro is just too much. And thanks for making it so damn frustrating that i just lost a controller.

I suspect that @BigAntStudios has some major shares in the PS3 Controllers Supply chain .....

Although I`ve now mastered the art of throwing the controller into the sofa , rather than the floor :D

Ok, I'm going to admit to being an idiot here, but I know I'm not the only one who's done this.

It's not essential to press either aggressive or defensive shots for every ball. You can play a shot without selecting either of the trigger buttons and just play "neutrally."

Taken me a month to notice this, and my batting's improved immeasurably since!

Ok, I'm going to admit to being an idiot here, but I know I'm not the only one who's done this.

It's not essential to press either aggressive or defensive shots for every ball. You can play a shot without selecting either of the trigger buttons and just play "neutrally."

Third time i've seen you post this now and I've laughed a little harder every time.

The problem is that it's not very neutral, it's actually a fairly aggressive shot. For drives, the bat doesn't follow through fully, like an aggressive ground shot does, but it still is played with a lot of force.

I feel like the aggressive ground shot is a bit redundant because the "neutral" shot is aggressive enough as is.

The game would benefit with something between this current "neutral" shot and the defensive shot. Some way of just nudging the ball into gaps for 1s and 2s. The effectiveness would also be aided by reducing the fielder strengths.

The game would benefit with something between this current "neutral" shot and the defensive shot. Some way of just nudging the ball into gaps for 1s and 2s. The effectiveness would also be aided by reducing the fielder strengths.

My problem is that I'm so good at timing it as late as comfortably possible, that the ball goes so hard into the ground it only makes it just past the circle before a fielder miles away reaches it.. if it was played a bit earlier it would have gone through the gap for an easy 4. So yeah, my suggestion is just to play it a bit later if possible to take more power off it.

No wonder you were finding batting hard :lol

for what its worth...here's my $0.02 worth. I've used it to inc my average as an opener for Warwickshire (I think its called):

- do almost all your batting on the back foot. :)

Yes I premeditate (I don't have Jedi reflexes) and used to play off the front foot, however I would give up lots of knicks and sky the ball, AND I would miss out on all the backfoot shots eg. late cut, hook, pull, etc. On the backfoot, I can do all the frontfoot shots (albeit with less power so you give up a lot more 4s) but you open up backfoot shots.

Funny how the AI batsmen in career mode (ie. your batting partner) gets to face pace bowling with 5 slips...whilst you get a perfect field. They then get to race to 50 playing rash shots into open areas whilst you have to eek out 1s and 2s.

Funny how the AI batsmen in career mode (ie. your batting partner) gets to face pace bowling with 5 slips...whilst you get a perfect field. They then get to race to 50 playing rash shots into open areas whilst you have to eek out 1s and 2s.

Yup and you take a single and the AI batsman takes rest of the over tonking the bowler around due to 4 slips and silly mid off field :rolleyes

Third time i've seen you post this now and I've laughed a little harder every time.

Ta mate! Nah but seriously, at least one other person we both know has admitted the same mistake, so that's why I'm putting my hands up and saying it.

Got a new career high of 36 today before nicking off to the keeper, so I'm getting there...

Users who are viewing this thread