My thoughts for the future iteration for BA cricketing series

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I remember Brian Lara 99 had the ability to go back and play some famous matches, see if you can recreate the moment. That might be nice.

PjPage59

Club Captain
How about an option in between aerial shots and normal shots? Something to get the ball over the infield, but not going for a six. This should have less risk associated with it than full blown lofted shots, but more than normal shots. So in that sense, precision shots will be the least risky, then normal shots, then power shots along the ground, than 'over the infield' shots, and finally the most risky, aerial shots. I'm not sure how you would do it though on the joystick as all the buttons are currently occupied.

In career mode, a section showing the "ICC Cricket Hall of Fame" members. Then, if we perform well with our players, perhaps after retirement, we could see our names being inducted there?
Isn’t that already a shot type?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah special shot trigger + Lofted shots = Chip shots..But since the fielders run like they run for their lives it ends up as a simple catch mostly.. So if one wants to use it then need to make sure the region they aim at the fielders are close in or no fielders are there in the region..

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Another career mode suggestion, along the lines of the Hall of Fame idea, maybe a tab where
Yeah special shot trigger + Lofted shots = Chip shots..But since the fielders run like they run for their lives it ends up as a simple catch mostly.. So if one wants to use it then need to make sure the region they aim at the fielders are close in or no fielders are there in the region..
Oh, I had no idea about this. Was this introduced for Ashes cricket? I didn't check the controls as I already had tons of experience from 14 and 17. I know it wasn't in those games. Will give it a try. Thanks.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Oh, I had no idea about this. Was this introduced for Ashes cricket? I didn't check the controls as I already had tons of experience from 14 and 17. I know it wasn't in those games. Will give it a try. Thanks.
I think its been there since DBC14..

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Played an ODI in India against England and the English spinners bowled 9 overs. Granted there was a heavy pace contingent but 9 overs still seems a low number, particularly in India. I can only imagine this is because bowling is determined primarily by skill but it also seems to consider the player type (e.g. All Rounder, Bowling All Rounder etc).

I think it would be good to try and weight this based on reality a bit more, that sometimes a less skilled bowler would bowl more in conditions that are more suited. Given that we can set country in the stadium creator perhaps it could be tied to that.

I was bored the other day and did some Statsguru searching and came up with the percentage of overs bowled by particular bowlers in each country. It might see more variation in bowlers being used, a few more part timers getting overs in certain matches. If it doesn't add up to 100% it's usually because of bowlers like Mark Waugh who are listed as Off Spin or Right Medium.

edit - maybe it could also help in some way in terms of the career mode team selections being more suited to conditions/country.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 23.49.30.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 23.49.30.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

PjPage59

Club Captain
I’ve only got out to it a couple of times and that’s because I’ve mistimed it. Other than that, I’ve had no problems.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Actually, it turns out, I had been using it without noticing really. Oops. This isn't really what I had in mind, as these are special shots. So if you play these shots to off side, they look quite strange as the batsman is reverse sweeping and such things. I had more of a drive in mind.

PjPage59

Club Captain
Actually, it turns out, I had been using it without noticing really. Oops. This isn't really what I had in mind, as these are special shots. So if you play these shots to off side, they look quite strange as the batsman is reverse sweeping and such things. I had more of a drive in mind.
I’ve never played a reverse sweep before or any other type of fancy shot so I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same thing.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Sorry actually I mistermed it , its the precision shot button with lofted trigger for chip shot..

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
What does L2+R1 shots look like? so a precision lofted shot --- does that not drop short of the boundary?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I remember Brian Lara 99 had the ability to go back and play some famous matches, see if you can recreate the moment. That might be nice.

"Create your own challenge" was a mode that was always high priority for me, but never made it into a game. :(

We had a design that was essentially a scorecard that you could change all the numbers/lineups - then start from that situation. And you could share it online so that other people could try out your challenges too. Leaderboards for each challenge.

Great way of giving people unlimited numbers of comparable scenarios. Only game-mode you'd ever need to extend longevity for ever. :)

PjPage59

Club Captain
What does L2+R1 shots look like? so a precision lofted shot --- does that not drop short of the boundary?
Most of the time it does but if timed perfectly, certain shots can still go for a six. It’s happened to me about 10 times maybe so it’s rare.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Most of the time it does but if timed perfectly, certain shots can still go for a six. It’s happened to me about 10 times maybe so it’s rare.
These shots seem to balloon up in the air too much. They have a bit of an arc. I was thinking more of a clothes line drive over the infielder, something just over their heads.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ve never played a reverse sweep before or any other type of fancy shot so I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same thing.
You're missing out, a reverse sweep against the spinners is almost always a guaranteed boundary!

Users who are viewing this thread