NEW BATCH OF VIDEOS RELEASED JUNE 8th 2008

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Woohoo, you are a legend, just going to have a look now

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Great! Gonna have a look at them now:)

Karachi Xpress added 16 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Seen the videos...look pretty good...although the pick-ups of the fielders looked kinda weird...

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Great! Gonna have a look at them now:)

Karachi Xpress added 16 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Seen the videos...look pretty good...although the pick-ups of the fielders looked kinda weird...

Im still working on that. Proving a little trickier than expected but getting there slowly but surely.

What i really wanted to show with these videos is the freeform nature of it all. You can hit the ball ANYWHERE and if you do pierce the gap then you will pierce it! Unlike EA and co where the ball seems magnetized to the fielders. That last video of the cut shot felt really great because its exactly what i wanted to do - i was in total control of the shot. Extremely satisfying. I dont believe ive ever felt so great playing a batting stroke in any other cricket game ever (all bias aside lol) :)

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
You need to download a codec.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

In Fielding4, the guy dancing looks like he's going to trip over, and the fielder kinder runs towards the ball and looks as if he's going to kick it.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

In fielding 5, the dance looked weird again and the keeper went off the pitch then dived to his right.

He dived in nearly all the videos.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excellent work LM :) The last vid is definitely the best of the lot! Shows how much hard work you have put it! I hope you can get over the last few roadblocks and release the game asap :p

Benno

Club Cricketer
Hey just watched one vid and I like what I see, looks like a very crisp cricket game and I like the camera angle how it changed after you strike the ball, it gives you a good feel as for how many runs you can do. Just one question, are you able to move left and right in the crease when batting?

Benno added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

BTW if your having probs watching the vids, try downloading them, I had to.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
ok i watched all the videos...i noticed in the first video there is still a collission problem but i think it wont be that noticable in fast mode. there is a problem with the wicketkeeper's position. he is always on the leg stump. other than that everything is top notch!! especially the camera angles!! and as you are still working on the fielding animations i am not gonna complain!!

Jit

International Cricketer
You need to download a codec.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

In Fielding4, the guy dancing looks like he's going to trip over, and the fielder kinder runs towards the ball and looks as if he's going to kick it.

Gilly Fan added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

In fielding 5, the dance looked weird again and the keeper went off the pitch then dived to his right.

He dived in nearly all the videos.

ya why does keeper dives to spinners and when there is no need

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ya why does keeper dives to spinners and when there is no need

Obviously because LM hasn't had a chance to correct this yet

@LM: Fielding looks great - my only comment would be (and probably asking too much) is it possible to make the fielders heads track the ball when going for the ball, instead of currently just looking straight ahead running to the intercept point?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excellent stuff LM :clap but what i found weird is whever the fielder is chasing the ball he is always moving in a straight direction or as if there is a running compedition between them. Can you plz look at this :)

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Hey just watched one vid and I like what I see, looks like a very crisp cricket game and I like the camera angle how it changed after you strike the ball, it gives you a good feel as for how many runs you can do. Just one question, are you able to move left and right in the crease when batting?

Benno added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

BTW if your having probs watching the vids, try downloading them, I had to.

Yep, you can move, left right up and down and charge.

You need Xvid codec to watch them. Get Storm codec pack or K-lite

legend_master added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

ok i watched all the videos...i noticed in the first video there is still a collission problem but i think it wont be that noticable in fast mode. there is a problem with the wicketkeeper's position. he is always on the leg stump. other than that everything is top notch!! especially the camera angles!! and as you are still working on the fielding animations i am not gonna complain!!

I need to fix up the keeper's positioning...kinda forgot about that when i went on to fielding :rolleyes:

legend_master added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Obviously because LM hasn't had a chance to correct this yet

@LM: Fielding looks great - my only comment would be (and probably asking too much) is it possible to make the fielders heads track the ball when going for the ball, instead of currently just looking straight ahead running to the intercept point?

Correct, i haven't fixed that yet - very simple, just stop his actions if the batsman hits the ball.

re: the head facing the ball...should be doable...might be a tad tricky to avoid the head turning more than allowable limits lol :p

legend_master added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Excellent stuff LM :clap but what i found weird is whever the fielder is chasing the ball he is always moving in a straight direction or as if there is a running compedition between them. Can you plz look at this :)

I think you also are referring to the head not looking at the ball? Other than that, the straight line is the fastest route to the intercept point, so not sure what the problem is...

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
In Fielder7 I'm fairly sure the ball could have been cut off earlier by running across the ball's path and tumbling/diving, rather than chasing it all the way to the fence....

Users who are viewing this thread