New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Batting after patch is very good and timing is superb .We need to practice more of how to play a ball late.And in my opinion nobody should agree with those who now are once again negatively opposing the improved version. It's just their personal and not all.
Ps: Despite of having few issues , batting after patch is very good .

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Batting after patch is very good and timing is superb .We need to practice more of how to play a ball late.And in my opinion nobody should agree with those who now are once again negatively opposing the improved version. It's just their personal and not all.
Ps: Despite of having few issues , batting after patch is very good .
Can you please let me know which difficulty are you playing? Also are you using any modifiers?
Did you also play a ODI or t20 match?
Just to clarify i m not opposing the new timing. Just requesting them to tone lofted shot difficulty and some shot issues.
If these are fixed then batting will be awesome.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Hey guys,
Enjoying the patch so far. Am I the only one that is having the "last ball smash " quite prevalent?

Im playing a test between png and uae. It has been happening to me almost every over so far with the first pair batsmen.

guna24

Club Captain
I didn't find edges after 2 hours of batting gameplay. Tried test and limited over maches and was playing against aus and eng, but no luck. Batting is tough now and got all out in 98 runs, but no edges whatsoever... Am I missing something, can you guys advice me on best settings for getting edges.
Settings: batting: Hard, match difficult hard.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Can you please let me know which difficulty are you playing? Also are you using any modifiers?
Did you also play a ODI or t20 match?
Just to clarify i m not opposing the new timing. Just requesting them to tone lofted shot difficulty and some shot issues.
If these are fixed then batting will be awesome.
Yeah i am playing test match with veteran hard hard and the few issues i mentioned in my post were lack of edges and nicks behind to keeper and slips. The modifiers i am using pace min : 70 and max: 80 pitch bounce : 70
Apart from lacking of edges the batting has been well improved.

balkeet

International Coach
I didn't find edges after 2 hours of batting gameplay. Tried test and limited over maches and was playing against aus and eng, but no luck. Batting is tough now and got all out in 98 runs, but no edges whatsoever... Am I missing something, can you guys advice me on best settings for getting edges.
Settings: batting: Hard, match difficult hard.
Reduce player skills

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Before the patch I was playing on veteran now it just seems extremely difficult. Just played a t20 where India scored 229 in 20 overs for the loss of just 4 wickets. I didn't bowl badly, they just picked the gaps very well and the shots felt a lot more realistic rather than seeing AI absolutely ridiculous shots in gaps that just pissed me off. It's good to see more realism in the gameplay from the AI.

However, struggling to time the ball for some reason. It maybe BA raised the difficulty for all the different levels. It looks like i have to go back to Pro difficulty.:mad Overall, it's a good patch.

Feeling happy ridiculous shots are removed. BA did a really good job, props to them as well as the beta team which operated on behalf of the community, with their suggestions. :cheers

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Yeah i am playing test match with veteran hard hard and the few issues i mentioned in my post were lack of edges and nicks behind to keeper and slips. The modifiers i am using pace min : 70 and max: 80 pitch bounce : 70
Apart from lacking of edges the batting has been well improved.
I agree batting is good for test matches as its hard to hit sixes.
But limited overs is difficult as we need maintain runrate. Thats the reason i was asking for tuning six hitting difficulty for limited overs.
Mattw said that he will provide an update in the coming week on most common issues after the patch. Lets wait and hope for the best.
But its good to see bigant giving hints that there will be more patches

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I haven’t played yet non the new patch. So can someone tell me, A lot of ppl has been saying no edges but improved batting difficulty, is it really that evident?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I agree batting is good for test matches as its hard to hit sixes.
But limited overs is difficult as we need maintain runrate. Thats the reason i was asking for tuning six hitting difficulty for limited overs.
Mattw said that he will provide an update in the coming week on most common issues after the patch. Lets wait and hope for the best.
But its good to see bigant giving hints that there will be more patches
As we all asked to tune and reduce six hitting ability before the patch. Because earlier it was very easy and arcade like to hit sixes whenever you want and you can hit six to every ball in an over just if you play a lofted shot.In fact nobody wanted to hit six to every ball unrealistically. If you practice and bat well then you can hit a six otherwise it will lead to a catch in the boundary. And it's realistic. Just i don't want to hit everyball to six but i want to play each ball on merit and well timed shot goes to either four or six , it's realistic. Whether you known about this or not we are all asked to improve the batting by making six hitting difficult. We ask to make the game tough and realistic but not to make it Arcade like.Then if you want to hit sixes to every ball like before this patch then play easy and easiest difficulty. You can bat and hit sixes quite easily.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Before the patch I was playing on veteran now it just seems extremely difficult. Just played a t20 where India scored 229 in 20 overs for the loss of just 4 wickets. I didn't bowl badly, they just picked the gaps very well and the shots felt a lot more realistic rather than seeing AI absolutely ridiculous shots in gaps that just pissed me off. It's good to see more realism in the gameplay from the AI.

However, struggling to time the ball for some reason. It maybe BA raised the difficulty for all the different levels. It looks like i have to go back to Pro difficulty.:mad Overall, it's a good patch.

Feeling happy ridiculous shots are removed. BA did a really good job, props to them as well as the beta team which operated on behalf of the community, with their suggestions. :cheers
That is something I faced too. Post patch Bangladesh scored 217 against me Afghanistan in 20 overs, second match Pakistan scored 200 in 20 overs. Althogh my bowling is shit and obviously I wont blame it on the patch as pre patch too they scored heavily like in 180’s so this is carnage.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
As we all asked to tune and reduce six hitting ability before the patch. Because earlier it was very easy and arcade like to hit sixes whenever you want and you can hit six to every ball in an over just if you play a lofted shot.In fact nobody wanted to hit six to every ball unrealistically. If you practice and bat well then you can hit a six otherwise it will lead to a catch in the boundary. And it's realistic. Just i don't want to hit everyball to six but i want to play each ball on merit and well timed shot goes to either four or six , it's realistic. Whether you known about this or not we are all asked to improve the batting by making six hitting difficult. We ask to make the game tough and realistic but not to make it Arcade like.
I agree but please play few limited over matches with the same settings and share your experience.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Why would you look like a bunch of arseholes playing a game that’s been made harder?

Surely you just look like a bunch of lads playing a game and getting re adjusted to it?

As is everyone? Not you personally but why is there always an image thing with the online crew?

I sure felt like a dumb arsehole , when the first 3 Overs you cannot connect 1 ball.

Its such a drastic change , that it will obviously take a long while for 4 years of Muscle Memory to dissapear.

Maybe it happens quicker, who knows.

Oh, and I dont really "Get" you with the Online Crew bit.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I agree but please play few limited over matches with the same settings and share your experience.
Yeah mate that i quoted, i am already playing odi's as in Australian domestic.And i understood the batting is quite challenging now and it is realistic after this patch and i don't want to hit six to every ball.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Yeah mate that i quoted, i am already playing odi's as in Australian domestic.And i understood the batting is quite challenging now and it is realistic after this patch and i don't want to hit six to every ball.
No one is asking for every ball six mate. Anyway you shared your opinion and i shared mine. All i want is a decent limited overs match against AI atleast on hard difficulty and not on easy or medium difficulty. Lets see how it goes.
Even if its easy for you on hard difficulty, i can also say that you have an option of hardest and legend diificulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread