New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree the presets need tweak so that they have a deep square leg or fine leg for these powerplay, we didn't get around to doing it, only worked on field selection.

The AI isnt nuanced enough to rotate with perfect fields, though think it does much better than before with field selection.

I think once we tweak a few quirky fields to be more generalised should be good.
The AI surely does a better job post patch in terms of field selection. But the bigger problem is that field pre sets available to AI are pretty limited and the available ones are not necessarily good. For eg. for spin bowler in powerplay (ODI) AI just has all fielders in the inner circle field. The AI doesnt change it no matter what. It sometimes even notifies FIELD CHANGED, but in reality the field doesnt change, as they have no other option.

I sincerely hope the next patch looks into creating more field pre sets and tuning some existing pre sets.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wow thanks mate!!
If you have a go, and bowl as England, I'd be interested to see what batting performance/approach you get from Southee and de Grandhomme. They are both set to Brute and yet are anything but. Particularly striking difference when Sodhi, Aggressive mentality, came in and was instantly getting about scoring.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I agree the presets need tweak so that they have a deep square leg or fine leg for these powerplay, we didn't get around to doing it, only worked on field selection.

Well we both know this isn’t an accurate statement ......

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
So what's the recommendation for batting, apart from practice?

Dropping down a level?
Turning off timing feedback (I've had it off pre-patch but turned it on to get a sense timing)?
What about markers? I've only played with the pitch marker for some time. Although that feels out of sync with the new later timing.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So what's the recommendation for batting, apart from practice?

Dropping down a level?
Turning off timing feedback (I've had it off pre-patch but turned it on to get a sense timing)?
What about markers? I've only played with the pitch marker for some time. Although that feels out of sync with the new later timing.

It is just practise, it’s crazy how the muscle memory just says flick stick now.. ha.

I love the pitch marker On hard just enough time to make my choice!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hard to put my finger on it but there's something unsatisfying about barely being able to hit a boundary in an ODI despite dropping down to medium!

I think obviously with ODI’s it highlights the learning curve even more now as you ideally need to score quick.

Longer formats there’s no rush and you can grind it out.

I remember scoring 301 and securing a 34 run lead and it felt like I had worked and earnt every run. With a few close shave shots along the way

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think obviously with ODI’s it highlights the learning curve even more now as you ideally need to score quick.

Longer formats there’s no rush and you can grind it out.

I remember scoring 301 and securing a 34 run lead and it felt like I had worked and earnt every run. With a few close shave shots along the way

Aye, and luckily I am playing a rebel tour and after 1st ODI next 2 matches are 'tests' (4-day).

Can see the mentalities a little better now too with medium bowling and nailing the perfect/perfect, which is nice. only comment on that would be maybe balanced mentality is a little too aggressive for tests?

Bowling misses the swing, so i look forward to that fix coming to consoles, at which point i'm maybe prepared to eat my hat on a side of humble pie... maybe :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It is just practise, it’s crazy how the muscle memory just says flick stick now.. ha.

I love the pitch marker On hard just enough time to make my choice!
I've actually put it up to Hardest, the appearance of the Pitch Marker seems to be later. It feels more comfortable, at least in terms of moving from the old system to the new. That muscle memory does kick in when I see that marker, even on Hardest I'm often timing too early.

Anyone know if/how I can delay the pitch marker in the modifiers? I'd sooner not bat on Hardest because I'm guessing the timing window is very small, but the marker feels closer to making a natural judgement of how to play.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
803FE62B-D580-4439-873A-009C32A4E7C9.jpeg
Elgar boring me into submission..

Balanced could be, I actually think balanced is more Warner and Aggresive is more Southee etc

Aye, and luckily I am playing a rebel tour and after 1st ODI next 2 matches are 'tests' (4-day).

Can see the mentalities a little better now too with medium bowling and nailing the perfect/perfect, which is nice. only comment on that would be maybe balanced mentality is a little too aggressive for tests?

Bowling misses the swing, so i look forward to that fix coming to consoles, at which point i'm maybe prepared to eat my hat on a side of humble pie... maybe :)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I've actually put it up to Hardest, the appearance of the Pitch Marker seems to be later. It feels more comfortable, at least in terms of moving from the old system to the new. That muscle memory does kick in when I see that marker, even on Hardest I'm often timing too early.

Anyone know if/how I can delay the pitch marker in the modifiers? I'd sooner not bat on Hardest because I'm guessing the timing window is very small, but the marker feels closer to making a natural judgement of how to play.

Yes it’s....

What’s the options again haha I was doing it the other day!

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors

Suggest you hit the left stick when you see the marker, then hit the right stick when the ball is halfway down.

Just make it a two stage decision, footwork followed by stroke.

This is a few weeks old but you can see the basic timing here (legend / hardest) via the controller overlay. There's a cover drive around 0.42 that's pretty well hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread