New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Oh one thing which has always irritated me, why do batsmen start the second innings on full confidence? It kind of negates any pitch deterioriation when they come in. Ali only hit 35 in the first innings, and he starts the second fully confident. It means first innings scores are lower than second innings scores, surely it should be the opposite.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
what i can't understand is that even though ai is on legend it bowls so few wicket taking balls.[DOUBLEPOST=1524966487][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dear BA,
The new batting timing has greatly reduced my career batting average. Please either restore the old timing, or artificially increase my average, before I burst into tears.
Thanks.
if it bothers you that much why not put batting on easy you should be able to score 10-15 per over without even trying to hit 6's through the air.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Oh one thing which has always irritated me, why do batsmen start the second innings on full confidence? It kind of negates any pitch deterioriation when they come in. Ali only hit 35 in the first innings, and he starts the second fully confident. It means first innings scores are lower than second innings scores, surely it should be the opposite.
I have talked about this before, I haven't got to a second innings yet and was hoping it had been looked at.

First innings confidence, in tests at least, seemed to be more variable. de Grandhomme, while being a very timid Brute, faced about 70 balls before getting out and I don't think he got past orange/amber confidence.

When it comes to the second innings I don't think a batsman should be fully confident unless they got a 100 first time out. Maybe 50 for bowlers/ bowling all rounders.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
what i can't understand is that even though ai is on legend it bowls so few wicket taking balls.[DOUBLEPOST=1524966487][/DOUBLEPOST]
if it bothers you that much why not put batting on easy you should be able to score 10-15 per over without even trying to hit 6's through the air.

I wasn't being serious. (Well, I was serious about my pathetic average.)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have talked about this before, I haven't got to a second innings yet and was hoping it had been looked at.

First innings confidence, in tests at least, seemed to be more variable. de Grandhomme, while being a very timid Brute, faced about 70 balls before getting out and I don't think he got past orange/amber confidence.

When it comes to the second innings I don't think a batsman should be fully confident unless they got a 100 first time out. Maybe 50 for bowlers/ bowling all rounders.

Yeah it's weird.. Take a look at the test I am currently "watching"

England 211 AO
Aus 480 AO (Finch 295*)
England 566/8 (Bairstow 218)

Certainly things seem to get easier rather than more difficult as the match goes on. It's a good pitch and partly cloudy all test match.

gang_s

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still re-learning to bat, which is not bad thing IMO. The one issue I am facing is that the lineups get completely messed up when starting a match. Trying to play IPL and it disregards the default lineup in Llelewyn's teams. Any suggestions? I do not want to rebuild both lineups for every match. I'm on PS4 if that helps.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dear BA,
The new batting timing has greatly reduced my career batting average. Please either restore the old timing, or artificially increase my average, before I burst into tears.
Thanks.
You need to play the ball little late, don’t premeditate, wait-watch and then go for the shots. Play ground shot as much as possible till you get used to the new timing. It’s not a rocket science.
Most people enjoy the new timing.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
You need to play the ball little late, don’t premeditate, wait-watch and then go for the shots. Play ground shot as much as possible till you get used to the new timing. It’s not a rocket science.
Most people enjoy the new timing.

I see that my attempt at humour fell flat. Probably my fault. Lesson learned.

I really do like the new timing.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Absolutely loving that I can now play reactive sweeps to rank balls down leg! :thumbs

A very nice 50 with Root:
5Hx9ZWc.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I and others brought this up a few times.. it’s annoying.

Although when I played it didn’t seem to make too much difference on a rubbish pitch.

Australia we’re bundled out for 280 and then 182 setting me 250 to win.

The leg side thing I actually found we naturally don’t bowl as far outside off as we can. I’m always a bit too straight.

But they do try to whip it.. especially if glance stats are high

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Think there might be an issue with bowlers being exhausted when they come in to bat after bowling in the previous innings. Just noticed Broad, Anderson and Woakes all with virtually zero stamina coming in to bat. Admittedly I was getting blitzed and they were in after around 15 overs but that was still a long while after they'd bowled. Odd but probably stamina not too vital when batting - haven't noticed it affecting anything.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Absolutely loving that I can now play reactive sweeps to rank balls down leg! :thumbs

Yeah, it's one of the big improvements for batting vs spin. The most straightforward / common use of the sweep is now very natural. Pulls and cuts to short balls are also feeling nice for me. Much better than previous iterations.

It's about seeing a mistake from the bowler and punishing it with a good cricket shot. That's a pretty solid gameplay principle imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread