New Zealand Tour of West Indies May-July 2014

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it's more that it's 'only West Indies' so they see it more as a place to bleed new players on the biggest stage

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Yep, you could almost make a case hes the best spinner we've got as I'm not really sure how reliable Sodhi will be.

Williamson is there to contain runs, not to pick wickets, unlike Sodhi. Let him have a few games under his belt.

War

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies Cricket News: Bravo disappointed with continued Test exclusion | ESPN Cricinfo

He really should be in the team no questions asked. I have seen people say, Bravo should play first class cricket if he wants to play tests for windies.

But that is a very simplistic view & ignores the realities of the world cricket scheduling for west indies cricketers, in particular.

If we put ourselves in his shoes instead of our positions as media/fans/arm-chair experts view - I think most off us would do just like him & find it hard to turn down IPL money, just to play 4-day cricket.

IPL/India has been messing up windies cricket home/domestic cricket since it started in 2008. Imagine for the 1st time this year in history windies gonna be playing NZ/BANG during the raining/hurricane seasons & during the month of September...

This fact shows the WICB has finally accepted that they can't fight the BCCI & can't at least play its home international season when IPL is going on. Which pretty much shows they were wrong for keeping Gayle out of the team for a year, for supposedly being a mercenary.

Fact is when Bravo started he showed great ability in test cricket as an all-rounder, unlike a certain Mr Sammy who has never looked like test standard.

He declined a bit, but his form for windies internationally has been good since the NZ tour & I believe the selectors should back him to translate his ODI/international form on to the test stage.

The windies 4-day season, no real fantastic performances, but their is a bit of concern over the form of young Bravo this season. Chris Gayle is also on borrowed time.

XI & squad i'd pick for NZ series would be:

Gayle
Edwards
Bravo
Samuels
C'Paul
DW Bravo (captain)
Ramdin
Narine
Holder
Taylor
Shillingford

K Powell/K Brathwaite, Carter/Simmons, Benn/Bishoo, Gabriel/D Johnsson

Last edited by a moderator:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
West Indies Cricket News: Bravo disappointed with continued Test exclusion | ESPN Cricinfo

He really should be in the team no questions asked. I have seen people say, Bravo should play first class cricket if he wants to play tests for windies.

But that is a very simplistic view & ignores the realities of the world cricket scheduling for west indies cricketers, in particular.

If we put ourselves in his shoes instead of our positions as media/fans/arm-chair experts view - I think most off us would do just like him & find it hard to turn down IPL money, just to play 4-day cricket.

IPL/India has been messing up windies cricket home/domestic cricket since it started in 2008. Imagine for the 1st time this year in history windies gonna be playing NZ/BANG during the raining/hurricane seasons & during the month of September...

This fact shows the WICB has finally accepted that they can't fight the BCCI & can't at least play its home international season when IPL is going on. Which pretty much shows they were wrong for keeping Gayle out of the team for a year, for supposedly being a mercenary.

Fact is when Bravo started he showed great ability in test cricket as an all-rounder, unlike a certain Mr Sammy who has never looked like test standard.

He declined a bit, but his form for windies internationally has been good since the NZ tour & I believe the selectors should back him to translate his ODI/international form on to the test stage.

The windies 4-day season, no real fantastic performances, but their is a bit of concern over the form of young Bravo this season. Chris Gayle is also on borrowed time.

XI & squad i'd pick for NZ series would be:

Gayle
Edwards
Bravo
Samuels
C'Paul
DW Bravo (captain)
Ramdin
Narine
Holder
Taylor
Shillingford

K Powell/K Brathwaite, Carter/Simmons, Benn/Bishoo, Gabriel/D Johnsson

Nice Balance Squad there, but would like to Give Ramdin de Captaincy, instead of Bravo. and the Back up Players are also good, but still got my doubts on Gabriel , but who knows its just the beginning for his career.
Unfortuenly for Carter, in many eye including mine need a Chance at the highest level, but the Selection is just ignoring him. AND I PREY. that Tino Best dont see the light of the upcoming Test Matches, his time is Up. Sammy already set the Tone of the West Indies in 2011/2013, but its time some one carry it Forward away from Gear 1.

Would love to See a J Taylor and K Roach Bowling Unit, but may have a to wait a little longer. It sad than nothing have been to get Roach back in the WI team after been out with suppose to be injure for a Long time and now he is involved with an accident.

But this team I would love to see out there. Give this team a year or two run before just kicking out people due to one bad match and Stop for god sake changing and making Unnecessary Debut and bring back old crappy player *cough*
Best*cough* .

This Team a mixture of new and Old. and I can see a Good leader coming out From Ramdin, Maybe just my eyes. we could go forward if WI selectors / WICB don't hurt these players.

btw i am a Big Sammy fan . But it's a Fact Sammy is No test player its just
Not his Game, the way i see Sammy bat he only bat one way slog and when bowling looking to keep it tight, keeping the Runrate down, which both isnt really needed, we need a person who can take wickets and Bat long periods. but Poor selection from WICB Keep picking Him. WICB selection panel need ta wake up. or get people in there Who knows What is Cricket.

Haynes123

Club Captain
I wont make ramdin captain, I think at last his batting has improved and he must focus on his batting and keeping, give Dwayne a chance, I am very disappointed in the way Miguel Cummins has performed, I really thought he had something special but dropped of now.

If they pick best and fidel Edwards again well that will be shameful. I also would like to see variation in spin with Narine, especially now that shilly cant bowl the doosra, a different kind of option like benn or bishoo would bring something extra to the attack.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nice Balance Squad there, but would like to Give Ramdin de Captaincy, instead of Bravo. and the Back up Players are also good, but still got my doubts on Gabriel , but who knows its just the beginning for his career.
Unfortuenly for Carter, in many eye including mine need a Chance at the highest level, but the Selection is just ignoring him. AND I PREY. that Tino Best dont see the light of the upcoming Test Matches, his time is Up. Sammy already set the Tone of the West Indies in 2011/2013, but its time some one carry it Forward away from Gear 1.

Would love to See a J Taylor and K Roach Bowling Unit, but may have a to wait a little longer. It sad than nothing have been to get Roach back in the WI team after been out with suppose to be injure for a Long time and now he is involved with an accident.

But this team I would love to see out there. Give this team a year or two run before just kicking out people due to one bad match and Stop for god sake changing and making Unnecessary Debut and bring back old crappy player *cough*
Best*cough* .

This Team a mixture of new and Old. and I can see a Good leader coming out From Ramdin, Maybe just my eyes. we could go forward if WI selectors / WICB don't hurt these players.

btw i am a Big Sammy fan . But it's a Fact Sammy is No test player its just
Not his Game, the way i see Sammy bat he only bat one way slog and when bowling looking to keep it tight, keeping the Runrate down, which both isnt really needed, we need a person who can take wickets and Bat long periods. but Poor selection from WICB Keep picking Him. WICB selection panel need ta wake up. or get people in there Who knows What is Cricket.

Ye its well documented that Sammy is not a test cricket & never was - its just the stubborn windies selectors don't realize it & keep picking him.

DW Bravo & Ramdin for test captain - either would be good. Just that DW should be recalled to be the all-rounder.

In the perfect situation I would pick Roach, but of course he is injured so unlikely to be ready in time for these tests.

I like J Carter a lot, has performed well in A-team matches & I saw him score a good hundred for Barbados vs Trini in the Nagicor Super50 in February just before Carnival. But he really missed a huge change to demand selector especially with Lil Bravo & Samuels form looking a bit shaky, but not cashing in during the 4-day season. He barely averaged 27 & his hundred late in the tournament was his only 50+ score all season.

----------

I am very disappointed in the way Miguel Cummins has performed, I really thought he had something special but dropped of now.

I was monitoring him this season as well, yea he didn't take a bundle of wickets - but I'm not 100% sure given their was no detail reporting or television broadcast of the matches if he not taking wicket due to a) bad form b) he was bowling well, but just didn't get the wickets.

War

Chairman of Selectors

Hmm, Barry Wilkinson say this weekend on Line & length show, that veteran journalist Joseph "Reds" Perreira has rumoured that Gayle might retire after the New Zealand series.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
its not confirm as yet. but there is new going around that Ramdin is to lead West Indies Test squad against NZ.
no team selection has been given out as yet.

Waiting ta hear a confirmation

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

War

Chairman of Selectors
^^

Nash doesn't want to play for windies anymore.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Sammy has retired from test cricket.
Regardless of what people say about his performance he has led from the front during a tough transition for the West Indies. He was respected by the team and they played hard for him.
As for his future I believe that he deserves a place in the ODI/T20 team.
Hopefully Ramdins batting form doesn't suffer because he has finally started living up to his potential.

My test team for NZ
Gayle
Powell/Brathwaite
Edwards
Bravo
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Ramdin
Holder
Shillingford
Taylor
Rampaul/Gabriel/Johnson

Or go with the XI that War posted with Permaul or Bishoo backing up Shane.

Allot of changes but I think WI have a side to beat New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread