New Zealand

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Iain O'Brien has always been a very expensive bowler.i think he is more suited to the longer format of the game as he always bowls in the length region hoping for the pitch to assist him.
i would rather like to see tim southee or kyle mills play instead of him.
i am seriously beginning to doubt jacob oram's ability as a batsman.i think he is just a good bowler who can hit a few balls out of the park (like harbhajan or steyn or tanvir)
he plays such ridiculous cricket and says that being an all-rounder is physically tough!
but,he's a very good bowler.
i wonder if grant elliott is a part of the squad.he did well with the ball for surrey in the T20 cup.i would like to see him in action too.
please don't discuss about shane bond.it's just a waste of time and hope.
he'll get injured after playing a couple of matches anyway even if he returns.
i want dan to show some more faith in southee as he's young and give him a few more chances.
southee can swing the ball(away from the right handers) in the english conditions.:cheers

No idea by the sounds of it.

My team for the SA game:

1.Ryder
2.McCullum
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Styris
6.McGlashan
7.Franklin
8.N.McCullum
9.Butler
10.Vettori(If fit)
11.Mills(If fit)

If Mills and Vettori are unavailable we could be in big trouble.

irottev

School Cricketer
please don't discuss about shane bond.it's just a waste of time and hope.
he'll get injured after playing a couple of matches anyway even if he returns.

Bond hasn't been injured in years. I'll discuss him if I want.

Plus about Oram, go look at his test batting record and compare it with the rest of the NZ side and THEN compare him with players like Harbhajan and Tanvir. He's just out of form.

Oh and by the way, the NZ v SA game is a dead rubber. Whatever happens, SA and NZ qualify and we play the same team reguardless of the result because it's fixed. May as well rest Vettori and Mills a bit more.

just_cricket

Club Captain
My team for Next SA Game:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Oram
McGlashan
Franklin
Butler
Vettori

We've got pretty good batting- all players have scored first class centuries. Butler and Franklin are the worst, but they really are bowling allrounders.
Oram can bowl part time so there's enough bowling, O'Brien misses out because he's a bit expensive and more suited to attacking bowling than containment. Diamanti doesn't get a look in because he's just not good enough- I'm sure he's a nice guy but really he wouldn't even make it on the Domestic scene in some countries... Hope I'm proven wrong when he takes 4/10 and scores 50 off 20 balls to win us the final against Australia though :D
Seriously, we have a team that could take this out...

Last edited:

nz0003

International Cricketer
You only have 10 there dude.

nz0003 added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

My team for RSA:

1. Ryder
2. McCullum
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Franklin
7. Oram
8. McGlashen/Nath McCullum
9. Butler
10. Mills
11. Vettori

irottev

School Cricketer
1. Ryder
2. McCullum
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Franklin
7. Oram
8. McGlashen
9. N McCullum
10. Butler
11. O'Blog

My side for against SA. Note, if it wasn't a dead rubber i'd play Vettori over McCullum and Mills over O'Blog

nz0003

International Cricketer
If there 100% fit they will play, they need some match practice.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Im backing New Zealand for the Final. Bowling still needs to improve from the fast men

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Im backing New Zealand for the Final. Bowling still needs to improve from the fast men

If our bowling attack could do a half decent job then I would agree, but I can't see it happening tbh.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
If our bowling attack could do a half decent job then I would agree, but I can't see it happening tbh.

Well Bowling has to be much much better than it was against Scotland, but with Group F looking fairly even for the Super 8s I do expect New Zealand to be in the Semis at least. Whether they progress from there onwards is a different matter.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I thinks its time for Kiwis to win the cup. Favorites not often win cups and so I dont see India winning. RSA have always been unlucky so only Kiwis are left.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
I thinks its time for Kiwis to win the cup. Favorites not often win cups and so I dont see India winning. RSA have always been unlucky so only Kiwis are left.

Especially after all the semi finals we have been in the last decade or so. I disagree I think RSA and Kiwis have been unlucky equally. We really need to win a cup. Just if we had a much better bowling attack I reckon we could go all the way. Hopefully we can make the final

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well Bowling has to be much much better than it was against Scotland, but with Group F looking fairly even for the Super 8s I do expect New Zealand to be in the Semis at least. Whether they progress from there onwards is a different matter.

Agree, but our bowling will be exposed against teams like India and South Africa. The batsmen will need to score 180+ in those games I feel, which I think is quite possible.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Agree, but our bowling will be exposed against teams like India and South Africa. The batsmen will need to score 180+ in those games I feel, which I think is quite possible.

We are a better team chasing. Im quite confident we can chase totals between 170-200. Just if we bat first we tend to get a good start and then a collapse will happen

Users who are viewing this thread