New Zealand's Full Tour vs Pakistan : Oct 31-Dec 07,2018 in UAE

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Quite right on every statement above mate. Pakistan definitely need a set odi lineup. It had been self destructed. Personally there should not have been much changes to ODI lineup post CT final. The CT Odi team was best combination. But there few Injuries and some self destruction made the collapse happen. Thr biggest weak link in the ODI lineup currently is Imam Ul Haq at his current form. He has always been a forced selection. Fakhar needs to step up, apparently he has become an out of form Imran Nazir at the moment. Hafeez should be inducted in back to middle order position. Junaid should be a must play. I hope Sarfraz will play a lineup for the success rather than banking on his personal likes and dislikes. He should have to control his temper as well. ODI is a long format and he has to be paitent and well thought out field captain

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
His performances were fair against weaker oppositions only. Moreover in my view , his all innings were saving his own wicket and scoring some runs. He never looked convinced. Fakhar though is in his worst shorter format form these days.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think I agree with both of you if that's possible. He's definitely someone with great upside and good technique. But I also get the feeling he plays primarily for himself, not the team. Even if that's not true at all, he is still not at all suited for powerplay overs for ODI's in 2018. It's not the 90's and scores of less than 280 are just not that competitive anymore. He failed against India and NZ, although admittedly, only 3 games there. Still, his performances are definitely curved upward against weaker opponents. Let's not make everyone the next Kohli like was ridiculously done with Akmal and Shehzad. (I even heard Shoiab Akhtar describe Asad Shafique as capable of being Pakistan's Tendulkar). These kinds of absurd comparisons need to end with a severe reality check.

Sorry for the rant, point is, he should move down to the middle overs. He also seems to play spin well so it would fit.

EDIT: I was quite sold on Sami Aslam as a player. Not sure why he was dropped so quickly. he looked to have good technique as well.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sarfraz poor on-field captaincy costed the match. A great bowler can go with a bad patch but a captain cant afford it every time. Despite Shaheen Shah, Junaid and Imad had overs left, Sarfraz persisted with Hasan Ali at the death overs and he kept on getting thrashed all over the park. The sodhe and southee partnership was a morale booster for NZ and Pakistan's body language was like they have already lost the match.

Sarfraz seriously needs to step outside from T20 mindset and adapt to ODI captaincy asap. Otherwise, I wont be surprize if PCB would make a new captain after this series and that new captain could be Malik or Hafeez.

Knowing Sarfraz, I have a feeling he will bring in either Faheem Ashraf or Usman Shinwaree in the next game and would break the combination all over. Lets see

On a last note, Dont force Imam ul haq as an opener or a permanent member of ODI squad. I will again say he is a premature selection and not good enough against strong bowling line ups. Fakhar should be benched as well. He is totally off-color. Perhaps you can afford one more chance with Fakhar in the next game.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hasan Ali is so bad! He has absolutely no penetration whatsoever! That first year was a complete fluke!

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Hasan Ali is so bad! He has absolutely no penetration whatsoever! That first year was a complete fluke!

A big LOL on this. How can you called it a fluke. He has a huge contribution for the team not only as a bowler but as an important team member for the unit. He is among those who sparked energy within the team in the rising days of CT and he consistently performed in all three formats. Though he is no waqar younis, He has his limitations but he is a key member, always gives break-throughs.

He is just through a bad patch, he bowled well today comparative to last ODI. You will see good from him in South Africa tour particularly.

Pakistan won convincingly today. Though, I m not sold on team ODI strategy still. They need more wins to get back the same confidence. This series win is important for Pakistan.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

I'm not going to address the poster directly as this doesn't deserve the dignity of a response.

I will say that I have had some really good discussions on this forum with people from all over the world. But, from time to time you have incredibly asinine posts like this that make you question the intelligence of the general public. My advice to everyone here would be to not let such ridiculous things get in the way of good cricket discussions from all around.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah he has been poor this year, he always goes for a lot of runs.
I agree with this. Hasan Ali is not so bad, but he's been ineffective this year in particular. He was in form during CT. Nowadays, he's been leaking runs and doesn't look like that young guy flummoxing batsmen last year.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What have we here. Another emerging left armer. Young Shaheen Afridi :)

Its great to have him in the tesr side. It must be a huge stage for Young lad to get the test cap. The test cricket is real cricket and it teaches you what other formats can not

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm not going to address the poster directly as this doesn't deserve the dignity of a response.

I will say that I have had some really good discussions on this forum with people from all over the world. But, from time to time you have incredibly asinine posts like this that make you question the intelligence of the general public. My advice to everyone here would be to not let such ridiculous things get in the way of good cricket discussions from all around.

Neither do I need to have my intelligence analysed by you, nor do I need your advice. I give a rat's rear end about what you think. There is an ignore button and you can have that applied to me. The hilarious part is that you end up addressing someone who doesn't deserve dignity!

Hasan Ali was incredibly good in his first year but lately he has been behaving like a petulant child with some of his actions and it's normal for the general public to believe that all this is adding extra pressure on to him. He almost gives the impression that he's thinking about how he's going to celebrate after taking a wicket than taking a wicket. The antics at the border before the Asia cup is a good example and timely reminder. For him to represent a country that has a wealth of fast bowlers, he needs to perform and very clearly he isn't.

You need not take it, but instead of being a bigot your knowledge might actually enhance a little if you hear other people out. If you're intelligent enough i.e. :lol[DOUBLEPOST=1542048425][/DOUBLEPOST]
What have we here. Another emerging left armer. Young Shaheen Afridi :)

Its great to have him in the tesr side. It must be a huge stage for Young lad to get the test cap. The test cricket is real cricket and it teaches you what other formats can not

Hope the management takes care of him. I think he can add a yard or two of pace more with age and as he builds up strength. In terms of variety, he has the full range.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Every bowler goes through different phases even the best bowlers and they eventually learn from their experiences those who are good learners and adapt fastly to situations. And Hasan Ali is one of those, He is no waqar younis or Shoaib Akhtar who can afford extra baggage of immense popularity around the world. However, He appeared to be a very quick learner and made a name of himself in a quick fashion.

If anyone gets grilled with his wicket style the only solution is to give him enough beatings with your bat, hit sixes and fours and dont give him much wickets. As long as he is giving breakthroughs he has every right to celebrate how he wants.

His pace has increased as well. Though he got for runs off-late he still gave the team important breakthroughs.

Last edited:

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Excellent team bowling performance from Pakistan. New Zealand bowled out for 153 in the first test. Last dismissal was an odd one. Ajaz Patel leaving a straighter one.

Pakistan needs to bat out this last session and should look to post at least 300.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Is the wicket really has something or was it just a bad batting from Pakistan side ?

I think a bit of both. Gonna be an interesting test match now. Fairly equal to both sides at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread