Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is one thing that pisses me off about our team. We always gift a part-timer, debutant, someone out of form, an average player or someone making a comeback free runs and wickets (Williamson, de Grandhomme in this match and in the Test in 2016, Paul Harris way back in the day, Nathan Hauritz in Australia in 2009-10, Cook in 2010, Lyon in 2016-17, Renshaw and Handscomb in the Tests, Wade in the first ODI vs Australia, Jason Mohammed and Ashley Nurse vs WI, Gabriel in the 2nd Test, Hazlewood in 2015 WC, Ryan Harris in 2010, Marcus North at Lord's, and others)

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is one thing that pisses me off about our team. We always gift a part-timer, debutant, someone out of form, an average player or someone making a comeback free runs and wickets (Williamson, de Grandhomme in this match and in the Test in 2016, Paul Harris way back in the day, Nathan Hauritz in Australia in 2009-10, Cook in 2010, Lyon in 2016-17, Renshaw and Handscomb in the Tests, Wade in the first ODI vs Australia, Jason Mohammed and Ashley Nurse vs WI, Gabriel in the 2nd Test, Hazlewood in 2015 WC, Ryan Harris in 2010, Marcus North at Lord's, and others)
+Chris Woakes in 2016.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
What happened to the Pakistan team over the years? Where are all the strong players? All I see now is short skinny kids like wtf? These players don't look like Pakistan players to me, looks like some Under 19 team. Wheres the big guys, Akrams, Younis, Inzy, Akther...Even guys like Rana and Asif had some character.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What happened to the Pakistan team over the years? Where are all the strong players? All I see now is short skinny kids like wtf? These players don't look like Pakistan players to me, looks like some Under 19 team. Wheres the big guys, Akrams, Younis, Inzy, Akther...Even guys like Rana and Asif had some character.
Sorry, but it's kinda nonsensical what you're saying. Players aren't selected based on how strong or big they are.
We have a lot of young players. When the players you mentioned started, they were "kids" too

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Sorry, but it's kinda nonsensical what you're saying. Players aren't selected based on how strong or big they are.
We have a lot of young players. When the players you mentioned started, they were "kids" too

Lol I'm not saying pick people for being big and strong but when was the last time you saw a skinny dwarf bowling 95mph? My point was this Pakistan team literally looks like some under 19 team. I even heard a commentator saying they're now known for their spin bowling!!!!! :o

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lol I'm not saying pick people for being big and strong but when was the last time you saw a skinny dwarf bowling 95mph? My point was this Pakistan team literally looks like some under 19 team. I even heard a commentator saying they're now known for their spin bowling!!!!! :o
That commentator is incompetent then. The No.1 ranked bowler in the world is Hasan Ali. He is not that big or strong, but bowls at 135-140. We do have a very good spin bowler in Shadab Khan, who's also a good batsman and fielder.

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
That commentator is incompetent then. The No.1 ranked bowler in the world is Hasan Ali. He is not that big or string, but bowls at 135-140. We do have a very good spin bowler in Shadab Khan, who's also a good batsman and fielder.

He's actually the number one ranked bowler? In what format, T20?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors

Andrew Symonds in WC 03, James Anderson in WC 03, Steven Finn in England tour, Jackson Bird in last tour to Aus, Grandhomme debut, And dont forget Ganguly as bowler in sahara cup as well as Phil Simmions as bowler in 92/93 Bensen nd hedges where Phil took 6 wickets by giving only 4 runs. Many of them later got smashed all over the park by other teams and by pakistan themselves too... some are still waiting for it.. recent prime example can be grandhomme as a bowler

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Test team is the most I'm worried about. They really need to put in the right guys. If Mohammad Amir can't pick-up wickets early on with the new ball, he should be sent home during tests. Also for God sake, give one chance to Fawad Alam.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
On another news, Babar Azam is now number 1 T20 batsman leaving behind Kohli in the latest ICC rankings. Babar is really emerging up well in shorter formats except this last ODI series. He can do wonders with little more focus and better utilization by team management.

On a whole, we are quite struggling to take wickets with New Ball and that used to be our core strength. I would endorse dropping aamir from test and ODI to teach him a lesson on getting his form back. I would back Junaid, Shinwari, Abbas, Sohail Khan and Irfan to be premium new ball bowlers. Junaid and Shinwari on priority for sure. Also lets try out Mir Hamza as well.

Coach Mickey Arthur said that players were in worst physical condition in NZ. I think he is quite right, Hasan, Sarfraz and Haris particularly looked that they have put on weight. Aamir looks non serious at times and feels like he is doing a 9 to 5 job. Nevertheless, the blame also goes towards poor opening combinations and some really bad form shown by Babar and Malik in ODIs.

I would suggest to have Aqib Javed as assistant coach replacing Azhar Mehmood. Azhar is bowling coach though but Aqib cricket literacy is simply amazing and on spot, he has served as assistant coach before and he played a crucial role back then. With his vast experience and brilliant cricket mind, I am quite hopeful he can do the job to get the bowlers back on track to take wickets with new ball. Also he seems well versed in the field of how to bowl in different conditions particularly in Australia and Newzeland. Like in Newzeland, he was of the view that bowlers were unable to utilize wind factor while bowling which is critical when you are bowling there. Also, I remember that once he was telling about how he assisted Asif after his bad perfomance in his first test against Australia as Asif was struggling to do a good length bowl while Aqib told him how a good length bowl in sub continent becomes a short ball in Australia, After Aqib technical guidance, Asif did wonders in Australia post that test match. PCB needs to bring up minds and take benefits.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well Cricket is the only sports Pakistan is good in, if we can't even play good no more then we should just give up on sports all together lol.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On another news, Babar Azam is now number 1 T20 batsman leaving behind Kohli in the latest ICC rankings. Babar is really emerging up well in shorter formats except this last ODI series. He can do wonders with little more focus and better utilization by team management.

On a whole, we are quite struggling to take wickets with New Ball and that used to be our core strength. I would endorse dropping aamir from test and ODI to teach him a lesson on getting his form back. I would back Junaid, Shinwari, Abbas, Sohail Khan and Irfan to be premium new ball bowlers. Junaid and Shinwari on priority for sure. Also lets try out Mir Hamza as well.

Coach Mickey Arthur said that players were in worst physical condition in NZ. I think he is quite right, Hasan, Sarfraz and Haris particularly looked that they have put on weight. Aamir looks non serious at times and feels like he is doing a 9 to 5 job. Nevertheless, the blame also goes towards poor opening combinations and some really bad form shown by Babar and Malik in ODIs.

I would suggest to have Aqib Javed as assistant coach replacing Azhar Mehmood. Azhar is bowling coach though but Aqib cricket literacy is simply amazing and on spot, he has served as assistant coach before and he played a crucial role back then. With his vast experience and brilliant cricket mind, I am quite hopeful he can do the job to get the bowlers back on track to take wickets with new ball. Also he seems well versed in the field of how to bowl in different conditions particularly in Australia and Newzeland. Like in Newzeland, he was of the view that bowlers were unable to utilize wind factor while bowling which is critical when you are bowling there. Also, I remember that once he was telling about how he assisted Asif after his bad perfomance in his first test against Australia as Asif was struggling to do a good length bowl while Aqib told him how a good length bowl in sub continent becomes a short ball in Australia, After Aqib technical guidance, Asif did wonders in Australia post that test match. PCB needs to bring up minds and take benefits.
Its probably all those Pakistani food they been eating.. crap like Kebabs, curries, jalebi, laddos etc lol.
A Pakistani who will do dieting and exercise is pretty rare to find.

Users who are viewing this thread