abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would this be considered an upset if BD win ? Its clearly a new look Pak outfit with hardly any experience

SixerBoy11

Chairman of Selectors
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking at Pakistan's batting/bowling line-up I don't called it a bad performance at all but again fielding :facepalm

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good victory for Bangladesh, the key is consistency now if they want to win the series. Abul is just dreadful though. Not even club quality.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I agree it can't be considered an upset if Bangladesh win the ODI series, especially at home. Bangladesh winning the Test series would definitely qualify as an upset, though. Mominul Haque has been extremely dangerous at home in Tests to this point in his career, but the overall quality of Bangladesh Test cricket is still dire and Pakistan is still led by Misbah, who is just pure class and a proven winner.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
no one watching thie series ?

BD on course for another win - its their match to lose now. Tamim showing some unusual consistency. And great to see a packed stadium with such passionate supporters

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Bangladesh have the home advantage & with an inexperienced Pakistani side(only 2 players have played 100+ matches) this is a perfect chance for Bangladesh to win the series. We look so unfamiliar with the conditions, our bowlers are getting smashed all over the stadium . Ajmal with that new bowling action seems so ineffective, he's not getting much spin and he's not even trying to bowl the doosra. In my opinion, Rahat Ali isn't suitable for ODI cricket.

SixerBoy11

Chairman of Selectors
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I guess Ajmal is now over due to his new & ineffective bowling action :( He is bowling like a Club Cricketer. I think he needs to realize that fact. Now Pakistan have got no spin bowling.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'm surprised everyone is playing down the likelihood of Bangladesh winning two games in a row against anyone. If Australia sent out a team lacking players of 100+ ODIs experience I can't imagine anyone would be saying "oh Bangladesh must be the favourites". Indeed both World Cup finalists played only 4 players of over 100 ODIs. Likewise I don't see Pakistan being uniquely crippled by Bangladesh conditions. Pakistan's apparent lack of depth at this point is exceptional.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I guess Ajmal is now over due to his new & ineffective bowling action :( He is bowling like a Club Cricketer. I think he needs to realize that fact. Now Pakistan have got no spin bowling.
Your selectors should take a tough decision, drop Ajmal and give Yasir Shah a long run. He is the one that will be the lead spinner for Pakistan in near future. Ajmal is 37 and even if he gets his thing right, there at the most a year or two left in him, without that, it is not looking good. It is time he should take the decision in team's favour to be remembered as a brilliant spinner not following the suit of a few legends who extended their careers which took it away a bit.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'm surprised everyone is playing down the likelihood of Bangladesh winning two games in a row against anyone. If Australia sent out a team lacking players of 100+ ODIs experience I can't imagine anyone would be saying "oh Bangladesh must be the favourites". Indeed both World Cup finalists played only 4 players of over 100 ODIs. Likewise I don't see Pakistan being uniquely crippled by Bangladesh conditions. Pakistan's apparent lack of depth at this point is exceptional.

Ye basically, based on my understanding of PAK cricket, the team is currently the best they have especially in the batting. Irfan and Sohail Khan might have played if fit, but its still was a fairly strong bowling attack without them.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Your selectors should take a tough decision, drop Ajmal and give Yasir Shah a long run. He is the one that will be the lead spinner for Pakistan in near future. Ajmal is 37 and even if he gets his thing right, there at the most a year or two left in him, without that, it is not looking good. It is time he should take the decision in team's favour to be remembered as a brilliant spinner not following the suit of a few legends who extended their careers which took it away a bit.

Ye bad early signs for Ajmal possibly, when guys like Botha, Shillingford who were obvious doosra/bowling chuckers got their actions changed they notably lost it. Watching highlights of Ajmal bowling these two games, I sense he might face a similar fate before the year is out.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if ICC should start doing something about the bowling records of bowlers who were chuckers.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Sometimes it makes you wonder if ICC should start doing something about the bowling records of bowlers who were chuckers.

He has got almost all his wickets with chucking. Bending his arm almost double then what is acceptable. Sunil Narine in the IPL has also lost the zip that he had with his old action. He is bowling slower which gives batsmen more time to figure out the variation of the pitch. I heard Simon Doull saying that the bent elbow allowed both Narine and Ajmal to have that zip or that extra speed which gave batsmen almost no time to figure out their variation.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well its the ICC's fault for allowing them to play the game with a defective action .. don't think bowling records should be changed

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, letting people get away with chucking and then changing their records after they get "caught" makes no sense and is a very slippery slope.

Users who are viewing this thread