Pakistan vs. England in UAE (2 T20s)

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The last WC showed that teams with the best bowling attacks did well though and for me, Pakistan have the best T20 bowling attack around. Plus they have people that can score runs, so for me, they're amongst the favourites for sure. Plus they don't seem to believe in form, so it's not like they can be written off because they've had a hard time recently (like someone did on the last page.)

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
I see some frustration in those words. Having won 22 matches and losing only 7 with a 75% winning ratio shows that its not a fluke.... in fact it shows Pakistan has some of the most talented players in the world who are not professional enough to last 5 days. In 20 overs you need talent to shine and 75% of the time Pakistan supersedes anyone.

and Razzaq does not need to perform every time, next time afridi will win them the match, then the next Gul and then Akmal, then Saeed Ajmal and the list goes on...... (the term here is matchwinners)

You need talent in T20? That's new. And how'd you come up with 75%?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally a win for Pakistan, been a long time coming :) Batting still looks dodgy, need to sort that opener spot before the T20 WC.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I hate this UAE thing. there are quite a few players I'd pay to watch bat around, but Asif is probably my favourite bowler to watch. indiscretions or not

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Good to see Pietersen back to some semblance of form. And Swann good as ever. Nice to see Pakistan get win after a torrid time Australia but there's still a lot of improvement yet. If it wasn't for Razzaq, they would've lost for sure.

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Great finish by Razzaq in the end, he sure did put on a fine display of clean hitting and you could tell fom his celebration he was very happy with his innings and getting the win. Umar Akmal and Alam also chipped in well. Anyway I think that win was a much needed sigh of relief for Pakistan, hopefully things can get back on track for them.

Last edited:

taq12345

School Cricketer

Well you need talent in every form of the game really and for the 75% Win ratio:

30 matches played
Won 22
Lost 7

So 100/30 multiplied by 22 = 73.33% (almost 75)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Pakistan definitely have some talents and it's wrong to say that doesn't manifest in their Twenty20 sides at all. In T20 they have a good ability to get away with risk and come up with 150 runs (don't dare tell me that risks are not cricket), a brilliant synergy with their bowling attacks that very rarely concede more than that.

The trouble in longer forms of cricket isn't so much a lack of concentration as it is the missing bits in their game. If the boundaries do not come, then the runs do not come. They don't have a lot of batsmen who are masters of middle ground, just working the ones and twos all day long, so it is extremely easy for an accurate bowler to tie up a Pakistani batting order. It's simple logic that they eventually have a thrash.

In T20, they just keep looking for the ball in the hitting zone and often enough, it brings them runs. In Tests, they do show periods of patience, because they just do the same thing, just with different hitting zones. The biggest problem presents in ODIs where you can't afford to only score a boundary every 3-4 overs, nor can you afford to be out of batsmen after scoring 150. The missing singles are the key.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Kamran Akmal +
Shahid Afridi
Umar Akmal
Shoaib Malik *
Younis Khan
Fawad Alam
Abdul Razzaq
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal
Mohammed Aamer
Mohammed Asif

Looking at the team as a whole, Younis doesnt fit in it and IIRC he is retired. We can replace him with either Misbah, who is a gun in the T20s or bring in an opener and switch places with Afridi. Afridi opening the battin would be interesting to say the least. I do also believe that playing both Umar and Alam could be a mistake. At T20s both play at a ordinary pace and take their time to get settled, I might fancy bringing in either Farhat, Shazaib or Nazir to come here and open the batting for us (if Younis is replaced by Misbah). After yesterdays performance Razzaq can easily claim to cement his spot as a batsman alone

It does look a lot stronger, but, with the exception of Misbah Ul-Haq, that batting line-up just doesn't warrant T20 Champion status. Khan is an excellent player but I don't see him making that much of an impact in this format. Afridi, Malik and Razzaq are all inconsistent. Umar Akmal and Fawad Alam have talent but are fairly inexperienced. And if Kamran Akmal can't make the team for these past few games (I don't believe he's injured at the moment) then why should he be able to break into that side?

I do like that bowling attack but all of them could easily go for 40 from their 4 overs.

The thing they have on their side is the way T20 cricket is played, and anybody can beat anyone, but on paper I just think they will have a very hard job defending their crown.

We are pretty inconsistent and the last part where you mentioned the way
T20 cricket is played, and anybody can beat anyone
is pretty spot on tbh. However players like Malik, Afridi, Nazir, Razzaq maybe very inconsistent, but if we get anyone to play a long innings we can surely take upon any opposition.

The bowling does look a bit weak, with Gul out of sorts recently and Ajmal also being figured out. Aamir and Asif on their day can be unplayable but tbf both arent the best of T20 performers. But throw in Arafat and Rana in the mix, and even Tanveer and we do have some variation. Also with KPs lineup mentioned above, we have 7 bowlers so I guess we do have some sort of backup

Pakistan definitely have some talents and it's wrong to say that doesn't manifest in their Twenty20 sides at all. In T20 they have a good ability to get away with risk and come up with 150 runs (don't dare tell me that risks are not cricket), a brilliant synergy with their bowling attacks that very rarely concede more than that.

The trouble in longer forms of cricket isn't so much a lack of concentration as it is the missing bits in their game. If the boundaries do not come, then the runs do not come. They don't have a lot of batsmen who are masters of middle ground, just working the ones and twos all day long, so it is extremely easy for an accurate bowler to tie up a Pakistani batting order. It's simple logic that they eventually have a thrash.

In T20, they just keep looking for the ball in the hitting zone and often enough, it brings them runs. In Tests, they do show periods of patience, because they just do the same thing, just with different hitting zones. The biggest problem presents in ODIs where you can't afford to only score a boundary every 3-4 overs, nor can you afford to be out of batsmen after scoring 150. The missing singles are the key.

Well said Angry Angry! :clap

ksduded

Club Cricketer

75% is their win ratio in T20..... talent meant showing signs of brilliance, even if the rest of the team does not perform..... i.e. even when the team fails, a player produces something out of the ordinary which you won't generally regard from teams that perform as a well oiled unit and win the matches because of their team efforts....

Users who are viewing this thread