Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Go NZ, you little beauty!

This is just like the series v Aus earlier in the year, Pak were favourites- somehow- and we cleaned them up. Now NZ have cleaned em up, go you Kiwis!

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmarka said:
Aamir was not the one who got out though. It was more than just a chance innings, he did play some good shots and took the 1s and 2s. A very well balanced innings. Not like Southees 70 odd against England, that was a BS chance innings played when victory was impossible

Aamer's innings reminded me of Southee innings in Napier against England.
They both had nothing to lose, Southee had Chris Martin at other end, and with Aamer the game was pretty much lost.
They were also both very young.

It reminded me of that as well, and I wouldn't say that Southee's was a 'BS chance innings', he is actually quite a decent batsman.

P

pcfan123

It reminded me of that as well, and I wouldn't say that Southee's was a 'BS chance innings', he is actually quite a decent batsman.

Ok maybe not a "BS chance innings" but definitly not as carefully crafted and constructed as Aamirs. Southee's was off 40 odd deliveries IIRC and nothing but huge sixes and 4's.

Aamers was a more patient and well built innings.

Both brilliant in their own regard though. :clap

Chewie

BCCI President
Yes I agree, though with martin on the other end you kinda have to go for the big shots and not rotate the strike haha

P

pcfan123

True about Martin, although have to bring up that Ajmal is still probably one of the worst tail enders in Int Cricket, along with Mendis and Kaneria. Marti still the king though

Chewie

BCCI President
True about Martin, although have to bring up that Ajmal is still probably one of the worst tail enders in Int Cricket, along with Mendis and Kaneria. Marti still the king though

Well Ajmal does have two half centuries!

P

pcfan123

He has improved a lot since he first came onto the scene. Good on him

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Absolutely excellent rearguard partnership. Certain had me entertained and nervous at the same time. Great fun!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Really good and close exciting games for the ODI's in the recent two series (this one and the India-Australia ones). ODI cricket is showing 'who is the boss'. A close ODI match is still way better than a close T20 one.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like McCullum found his mojo again, just after his series again India, I was praising his consistency then he did the opposite. Pakistan's fragile middle order problems have surfaced again, not even Akmal could rescue them but Pakistan need someone else to share the work load. Aamer and Ajmal did well though.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
ya NZ! the greatest bowling machine ever... let a kid bowler score that many runs!

NZ should have won by 100 runs

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Seems like the ground was good for batting at first, but then the dryness took over and we had a lower-scoring game dominated by spinners like much of the series in May. NZ probably didn't make too many reckless errors in that regard. They might not have been expecting the spinners to shut them down, but whatever the case it became comprehensive. They attacked the opening bowlers well, though. Pakistan might have focused on pace too much early on. It is certainly what gave NZ a total worth defending.

Fortunately for NZ, Pakistan were much worse with the bat, after the top order were defeated by decent bowling, the middle order was just utterly mindless. You can't really blame the captain for that batting display, because similarly strange things have happened under many Pakistan captains.

Mohammed Aamer showed that runs were gettable, but I have to wonder if this is not his making, but his downfall. For such a young player, he was already faced with a lot of expectation as the next big fast bowler, but that is no longer! Now he can accept the pressure of being an all-round player to follow the footsteps of Wasim Akram and Imran Khan. Pakistan really need to think carefully about his future.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Seems like the ground was good for batting at first, but then the dryness took over and we had a lower-scoring game dominated by spinners like much of the series in May. NZ probably didn't make too many reckless errors in that regard. They might not have been expecting the spinners to shut them down, but whatever the case it became comprehensive. They attacked the opening bowlers well, though. Pakistan might have focused on pace too much early on. It is certainly what gave NZ a total worth defending.

Fortunately for NZ, Pakistan were much worse with the bat, after the top order were defeated by decent bowling, the middle order was just utterly mindless. You can't really blame the captain for that batting display, because similarly strange things have happened under many Pakistan captains.

Mohammed Aamer showed that runs were gettable, but I have to wonder if this is not his making, but his downfall. For such a young player, he was already faced with a lot of expectation as the next big fast bowler, but that is no longer! Now he can accept the pressure of being an all-round player to follow the footsteps of Wasim Akram and Imran Khan. Pakistan really need to think carefully about his future.

Although Aamer looks to be a bright prospect, we shouldn't force batting on him. He should look after his bowling first, and let the batsmen concentrate on the batting. Last thing you want is a youngster that's trying to work on a completely opposite skill rather than what he should be working on.

His batting will improve naturally throughout the games, and when he does establish himself in the team, then he can work with his batting talent.

BoomBoom

School Cricketer
Gr8 match though i wasn't able to see it live. Aamir's batting display was much for my amusement.

But i cant see any reason of Yousaf not being played :( and i cant understand why there was so much shuffling and switching of our middle order batsmen...
I believe Malik should be rested now bcz He is being too much political and not a supporting hand for Younas khan and team. And i also suspect Younus is feeling insecure from few of his team members and just trying to pull things in b/w a factor of insecurity and selection pressure, which ultimately forced him to do so much switching in the middle order.

Younus is though out of form, but he needs some support from his team mates as well. Can blame younus for everything.

Hope Pak team to come back in T20s.

Users who are viewing this thread