Pakistan

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally, I feel that Kamran Akmal is very shaky against pace. There are clear faults in his batting technique. He clearly is not a proper opening batsman.

Nah I dont think we need him there. KAkmal would be used as a slogger down the order, but we already have Afridi, Razzaq and possibly UAkmal, so Akmal down the order is an unnecessary maneuver considering that our top order would be like Hafeez (out-of-sorts), Younis, Misbah and Shafiq (all of the three play at the same pace). Plus Akmal has had more success at the top then down the order.

The problem is not of technique imo, its got to do with lack of concentration. Exactly why he is such an awful keeper as well.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kamran Akmal is always a mediocre ODI batsman and awful keeper. Pakistan must find some body better them him after this WC.

Addy

National Board President
Kamran Akmal is always a mediocre ODI batsman and awful keeper. Pakistan must find some body better them him after this WC.

kamran is good ODI & better T20 batsman, but brett lee was too hot to handle that day :yes

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Kamran Akmal averages only 25 with the bat in ODIs so thats not good enough. But Ian Chappel said something on the lines that even Don Bradman with all his batting prowess would not be able to make the side with Akmal type of keeping".

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Actually, many cricketing experts opine that Younas Khan and Misbah should play in Number 3 and Number 4 Slots respectively because 4 and 5 are too low, because they both take time to settle in. There could be major problems in terms of chasing or piling up a big total against stronger oppositions and in pressure games ofcourse.

I remember a match against Windes, where Kamran Akmal thrashed their bowlers with slog sixes and he came down the order in that match.

Auwais

International Coach
I wouldn't take the Windies lightly at all. They're probably just a good, solid innings from Gayle away from beating us, especially if we put them into bat first and have to chase a big total.

This Pakistan side doesn't convince me a lot in the run chase department.

Zayed Cricket

School Cricketer
Well i got a feeling that Pakistan (inshallah) will bat first and put a good total...Well i dont think the batting lineup even with gayle,Chanderpaul is that much good.Still As Afridi said "No team is weak in this worldcup" so do you think even Afridi is gonna take them easily?

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
All Pakistan needs to do is get wickets of Gayle and Pollard. Rest of their batting is as crap as ours tbh. ;)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
So, Pakistan will play West Indies in Mirpur. I am just hoping that the Bangladeshi fans will support Pakistan.

The last time Pakistan faced West Indies in a World Cup, they lost: 1st Match, Group D: West Indies v Pakistan at Kingston, Mar 13, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

But I find that West Indies stronger then the current one.

Also after that match Pakistan faced West Indies 4 more times and they won all four of them.

I've got a good feeling that Hafeez will go out early and will also waste a review again.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I remember a match against Windes, where Kamran Akmal thrashed their bowlers with slog sixes and he came down the order in that match.

Yep. In Windies right? He slogged Gayle for 2-3 sixes in the last over and it turned out to be the deciding moment in the game

I've got a good feeling that Hafeez will go out early and will also waste a review again.

LOL.

Windies barring a few dangerous players such as Gayle, Pollard, Roach and to an extent Smith, Sarwan and Russell, look like an ordinary team. Having said that Gayle hasnt had his big match yet, so its still a nervous game if you are a Pakistani fan. I would say Pakistan have 60-40 chance here

Gul v Gayle is mouthwatering. Could turn out to be the clash that defines the game.

Users who are viewing this thread