Patch 1.08 is now available on PS4 and XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah... no idea ha!

Only other thing I can think of is it’s from lowering wicket chance? Like the game is registering I’ve earned an edge but just sending it where there’s no chance of a wicket?

Or of course maybe it was happening before and I hadn’t noticed or this particular combination of teams/players/pitch is bringing it out?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Battered.png

AI just took the piss out of me - if i'm honest @blockerdave all my edges seemed to go where they should of when looking at the impact on the bat. However so many factors im sure could effect this.I just know that it wasn't intentionally touched.

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it started in 1.07 (last patch) rather than this one? Would you agree? But I’m sure it wasn’t there before

Well, the last time I played, we were on build 1.04 I guess. Back then I hadn't seen anything like this.

In fact, Cricket 19 has had the best Physics and Visuals Relationship amongst all the BA Games. It has been near perfect, so much so even the Replays look superb. No ball going through bat or anything similar.

So this could be something that was introduced in this patch. Let's see what others have to say.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well, the last time I played, we were on build 1.04 I guess. Back then I hadn't seen anything like this.

In fact, Cricket 19 has had the best Physics and Visuals Relationship amongst all the BA Games. It has been near perfect, so much so even the Replays look superb. No ball going through bat or anything similar.

So this could be something that was introduced in this patch. Let's see what others have to say.

You might want to look away now.

@WealeyH this is what i mean. i would say the majority of edges i'm getting now are like these and going in these areas. otherwise they go for catches to keeper.

nothing like this in earlier builds. as ankit says the edge physics was perfect before.

kingkaz

Club Cricketer
Has anyone had the problem when using new copy player appearance from the academy in a new career mode , I used the Damien Martyn play face from the community , set all the other options up , went through to season 1 and the appearance and kit had reset itself to the generic original player appearance ?

Quite annoying..

Quick question, where is the option to choose "copy player appearance from academy"? I have looked and can't seem to find it. When I create a player and select rookie it keeps going to the screen where you create your player..

Kass D

County Cricketer
I feel they have messed it up abit on the AI feilds, which was not perfect but acceptable before the patch.

What's your say @WealeyH

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Edge goes flying 100 miles hour for a four. Any fix via slider?

This! I'm surprised no one else didn't mention this. I was wondering if it was just on my copy.

It's extremely frustrating to see ball after ball go to the boundary off an edge at a crazy speed with zero chance for the fielder to stop it. I tried to ignore it until during one match the AI got almost 100+ runs out of 300 odd just through edged boundaries. So many 6s off defensive prods and normal drives. I got a few when I batted as well but it's game-breaking.
I checked after the patch to see if it was fixed but it wasn't.

Meanwhile, perfectly timed balls slow down before reaching the boundary which never happens on a good outfield. I feel like the edged ball physics and perfectly timed ball physics got swapped.

I'm hoping that they fix this in the next patch along with the fielder positions. In-field players stand outside the ring and out-field players walk in a lot and easily end up close to 30 yard for catches. Outfielders hardly should move-in.
Also a quick fix for not letting easy singles is to increase the speed of the throw or the speed of the fielders - atleast it keeps the gameplay in check while accounting for the slow animation loading for pick/throw and breaking the wickets.

Addy

National Board President

Attachments

• DDA2DC53-0F1E-4A39-8838-E1F169721C2B.jpeg
    DDA2DC53-0F1E-4A39-8838-E1F169721C2B.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 2

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

As the opening post states, patch/version number can vary based on location.

zayno

Club Captain
latest xbox patch has broken AI field placement. the fielders do not move after the powerplayin t20 only 2 are outside the circle.its like the powerplay is the whole innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread