Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
What I'd like to see:-

(1) tailenders batting like tailenders. Have taken stats that show the last 4 batsmen average around 72 runs per inning. Too many no10 and 11 make 50's far too often.

(2) Team scores Teams in career mode tend to make scores that can vary too much and are far to high for a four day contest. For example in a recent shield match Victoria made 400+, SA over 500 and Victoria batted again and it was just the 2nd session of day 3. How does that work?

(3) Pitch effect Shouldn't the state of the pitch play some part in the state of the game as the match progresses? It should be harder to score runs as the pitch degrades over the game (In the long version). Therebye making chasing scores over 350 very difficult unlike the present game.

(4) More realistic batting scores. Too many centuries scored during games and scored in isolation when compared to what the other batsman in the side were capable of doing There are not that many games where 3 players scored centuries.

(5) Weather effect Have yet to loose any time during games due to weather or have matches drawn as days are washed out.

There are others but they have been covered by other posts.

NeilL W

You might need to change the the settings in casual matches from "no chance of rain" if you want more rain.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fix the fielding, that's the main priority. I think almost everything else kinda flows from that game-wise as it is currently, which is pretty good for what it's worth. I think balancing what the AI has to select from to be more limited and governed by the already existing rules in place, I think that will go a long way. Having a sensible list of field sets that you would see in "most" match scenarios would go a long way, plus a few to "throw" the player. Reducing the amount of opportunities the AI has to change the field as well, is prolly another little tweak, it changes them too often, too quickly, for too little reason. But yeah, fix the field... for the majority of players, casual and more in-depth among us, this pretty much ticks all the boxes. Batting pretty much perfect for those that invest the time and energy into practicing it, same goes for bowling... for the few amongst us that want to specialize in both, there's enough of a challenge as it currently is. A few niggly things to tweak? Maybe, but the more bang-for-your-buck is in fixing the fielding. That's hopefully where the energy is going for any major patch.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
For me, the priority, and what should be patchable, would be

1) The AI for field placing is not fit for purpose. Come up with a few restricted fields they can set in given situations according to match type, time in the game, batters score, team score, team objective etc. and remove any logic that is trying to work out where we hit the ball and put fielders there. I'm sorry but it doesn't work and is the worst thing in the game. Taking out a slip and putting in a silly mid-off because I played a forward defensive is unacceptable. Remove the system for now, restrict the fields the AI can choose from and hope to get it right in the next iteration.

AGREE, as it stands definitely the thing that jolts me out of the immersion more than maybe anything else

2) Increase the frequency of AI edges, and the add variability of the edges. I'm hoping this is patchable in the sense of tweaking variables, not remaking the system.

3) Increase the effects of conditions. Cracks seem to have an effect, but nothing else really. Playing on an uneven green top doesn't feel any different to a hard pitch.

This would be fantastic. It would add depth to the game, make players change the way they have to play or indeed the way you think about playing, when both batting and bowling.

4) Improve the carry from pace bowlers on most pitches. (If it should be slow and low, ok)

Yep, it's minor but occasionally irritates me when you watch a delivery in hawk eye, and it is actually starting to head down in its trajectory before it's even reached the stumps!!

5) decrease the wicketkeeper's zone of influence by about 40% to stop them taking catches going to first or even second slip.

6) look at the zone of influence for all fielders. They cover too much ground, too quickly, and the amount of ground they have to cover has no effect on their lieklihood of making a catch. For every 10m they have to cover, they should be losing 10% probability of making a catch/stopping the ball.

7) resolve the issue of spin bowling, where leg-breaks often turn like off-breaks

8) if i cancel a run, the player should ground his bat. There is no such thing as being too close to ground the bat, in fact the closer the player is the more likely he is to ONLY ground his bat, not run.

Fix those, and you've got a perfect game.

Overall I second all of Blockers suggestions.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Fix the fielding, that's the main priority. I think almost everything else kinda flows from that game-wise as it is currently, which is pretty good for what it's worth. I think balancing what the AI has to select from to be more limited and governed by the already existing rules in place, I think that will go a long way. Having a sensible list of field sets that you would see in "most" match scenarios would go a long way, plus a few to "throw" the player. Reducing the amount of opportunities the AI has to change the field as well, is prolly another little tweak, it changes them too often, too quickly, for too little reason. But yeah, fix the field... for the majority of players, casual and more in-depth among us, this pretty much ticks all the boxes. Batting pretty much perfect for those that invest the time and energy into practicing it, same goes for bowling... for the few amongst us that want to specialize in both, there's enough of a challenge as it currently is. A few niggly things to tweak? Maybe, but the more bang-for-your-buck is in fixing the fielding. That's hopefully where the energy is going for any major patch.

Yep, AI field setting has to be number 1 priority.

Moosc

Club Captain
The weather effect or lack thereof is actually in career mode.

I've played over 4 seasons and never............NEVER lost any time due to inclement weather.

Now coming from Melbourne that's a big statement!:D

Neil W

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One other thing, injury animations. we've been told they're there, but rare. Well i've seen hundreds if instances of batsmen, non-strikers and even fielders being hit with the ball, and not seen any injury animation. If they're in there, dial them up to 11 please.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The weather effect or lack thereof is actually in career mode.

I've played over 4 seasons and never............NEVER lost any time due to inclement weather.

Now coming from Melbourne that's a big statement!:D

Neil W

I've had a Pro40 game get interrupted with rain... but we didn't lose any overs, the required score didn't change, etc.

Couldn't have been that bad a down pour. Even though it rained solidly for 16 overs before the game was stopped because the rain "got worse".

----------

One other thing, injury animations. we've been told they're there, but rare. Well i've seen hundreds if instances of batsmen, non-strikers and even fielders being hit with the ball, and not seen any injury animation. If they're in there, dial them up to 11 please.

Lol! I haven't seen them either. I hit a gorgeous on drive, out the middle of the bat, it hit silly in the face and popped up for the bowler to catch... he just stood there and then celebrated. The guy should have been in a coma (especially seeing as he wasn't wearing a helmet).

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Agree with blocker/Biggs, AI fielding does need tweaking, and the pitch should play more of a part in the way the ball behaves.

would like the stats to look more traditional when the batsmen walk out, and should pop up from time to time when batting to show you career stats as well as season /series/ competition/tour stats.

Bowler stats as above also.

Tweak the cut/pull so the ball doesn't go in the air so much!!

A batting all rounder shouldn't be opening the bowling/bowling more overs than everyone else.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Agree with blocker/Biggs, AI fielding does need tweaking, and the pitch should play more of a part in the way the ball behaves.

would like the stats to look more traditional when the batsmen walk out, and should pop up from time to time when batting to show you career stats as well as season /series/ competition/tour stats.

Bowler stats as above also.

Actually now you mention this, it's something that I'd like to see tweaked, (almighty or otherwise). Ross has said he is looking at stats and their role, but I'd like to see a few more "tv style stats" inserted into the game.

I notice when they actually do occasionally pop up for a bowler they don't include perhaps the most important stat of all, average. Bowlers strike rates and runs per over to me are secondary to their average. Nit picking, I know but it does make the cricket nerd in me a little narky.
Same could be said for 4s and 6s for batsmen but that's going over old ground and in the scheme of things very very minor!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Actually now you mention this, it's something that I'd like to see tweaked, (almighty or otherwise). Ross has said he is looking at stats and their role, but I'd like to see a few more "tv style stats" inserted into the game.

I notice when they actually do occasionally pop up for a bowler they don't include perhaps the most important stat of all, average. Bowlers strike rates and runs per over to me are secondary to their average. Nit picking, I know but it does make the cricket nerd in me a little narky.
Same could be said for 4s and 6s for batsmen but that's going over old ground and in the scheme of things very very minor!!

A good idea i reckon is on some of those "cut shots" for field changes etc. instead of showing the ground, they could show the scoreboard or bowling figures, partnership stats etc.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Lol! I haven't seen them either. I hit a gorgeous on drive, out the middle of the bat, it hit silly in the face and popped up for the bowler to catch... he just stood there and then celebrated. The guy should have been in a coma (especially seeing as he wasn't wearing a helmet).

Have you also noticed how it rains for a good 2 or 3 overs before the players actually walk off the field? In real life the umpires are waving their light meters around long before the rain actually comes down!

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you also noticed how it rains for a good 2 or 3 overs before the players actually walk off the field? In real life the umpires are waving their light meters around long before the rain actually comes down!

Yeah, I've had it rain for 5 overs with the guys not going off the field, and then the rain stopped. Haven't actually seen any overcast conditions either, there's always beautiful sun shine.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Talking of stats, the scorecard for the bowling figures should definately include maidens!

And to elaborate a bit more, the stats could take into account the type of game bein played. Or maybe there could be a list with check boxes for the type of stats you would like to be shown, in any given format.

Users who are viewing this thread