Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

Just purchased the game for ps3.
Loving it but would like these 3 changes for patch 3
1. AI field settings & use of bowlers, in 50 over games the comp will bowl out their best bowlers by over 35.
2. Obviously reduce the amount of shots hit in the air.
3. In casual mode would love to be able to change user controlled team whenever you want, all sports games such as fifa & madden allow you to change teams during a game.sometimes feel like batting or bowling with both teams but dbc 14 won't let me.unless I'm missing something.

3. In casual mode would love to be able to change user controlled team whenever you want, all sports games such as fifa & madden allow you to change teams during a game.sometimes feel like batting or bowling with both teams but dbc 14 won't let me.unless I'm missing something.
You can't do this in casual matches but you can in Tour & Competition mode.

Thanks spitfires kent
Only played a few casual games so far & if it wasn't in casual mode I didn't think it would be in any other mode.
Can't wait to give it a go now, love to chase my own scores :)

Have loved playing this game so far.
A couple of things I've noticed and probably this could be rectified in the third patch are:
1. Have noticed empires calling it the second bouncer when the bowler has delivered his first ball of the over.
2. The fielders still take catches out of nowhere and it ruins the scenario of the game.
3. The bowling speeds are fixed. Say for a fast bowler it'd remain 146.8 if I pitch it correctly. Maybe you could have a frame from 140-147 where the speeds would change.
4. Whenever I've scored a century, the commentator says 'a fine innings on debut '. Also noticed this while the opposition batsmen score one too..

Last edited:
If DBC is going to compete with FIFA it can't afford to cut corners on this sort of stuff.

Have loved playing this game so far.
A couple of things I've noticed and probably this could be rectified in the third patch are:
1. Have noticed empires calling it the second bouncer when the bowler has delivered his first ball of the over.
2. The fielders still take catches out of nowhere and it ruins the scenario of the game.
3. The bowling speeds are fixed. Say for a fast bowler it'd remain 146.8 if I pitch it correctly. Maybe you could have a frame from 140-147 where the speeds would change.

Yeah - the way the fielder does this weird bunny hop in the air and catches the ball just looks wrong.

BEST game ever,thanks for BIg Ants,and planet cricket modders,I have some requests for patch 3,

(1)when playing non aggerissive shot balls going in air mostly make it some times in grounds
(2)make sweep shot six hit,i played more matchs that only shot missing
(3)need more 1st and 2nd slip caughts and sometimes 3rd slip caughts
(4)need batsmans 50 and 100 celebration should be different types(jumping,punching,aggressive and cool types)
(5)need bat changing options in any time of the match,
(6)need more options and current latest models of shoes
(7)need more options and places for bats(minimum 100 place and options for bats)
(8)test balls options need to change colours red and cherry red and brown for different nations
(9)need more colour options for all unifourms,bat grips ,shoes
(10)need more latest current model gloves
(11)need wrist band options for bowlers
(12)need bowlers bowling option from close to umpire and bowling from extra box end
(13)need crowds options LOW,MEDIUM,GOOD,and EXECELLENT
(14)need dark clouds when raining
(15)need wind main part in matchs

This game missing some sort of fielding radar is almost criminal. Huge oversight.

I don't think you could call this an oversight. I imagine it was an intentional omission to make the batting more realistic. Just like you don't get the benefit of being able to see where the ball will be pitched in real life, you also don't get to have a helicopter view of the field.

I agree, the game doesn't need a fielding radar.

The game gives you the ability to view the field placements through the batsman's eyes. If you are playing the game with any degree of intelligence, that ought to influence your shot selection, unless you don't know what each shot does. Don't play shots where there are fielders! Just as you would do if it were real life, pick the gaps and only run when you are certain there are runs to be had.

Of course with that said, however, Pro Cam running needs a few tweaks unless you enjoy blind running! :D

The game gives you the ability to view the field placements through the batsman's eyes. If you are playing the game with any degree of intelligence, that ought to influence your shot selection, unless you don't know what each shot does. Don't play shots where there are fielders! Just as you would do if it were real life, pick the gaps and only run when you are certain there are runs to be had.

One thing that I've always thought about computer games/sims, is while we want realism, there needs to be some leeway in certain areas where it's just not possible to sim accurately with a computer. The Fielding Radar is one of those.

In real life, it only takes a quick second to glance and see the fielder positions and register them in your brain. In the game, it takes much longer (and I'd argue the game doesn't allow you enough time to see it thoroughly). And if the CPU changes the field, then you need to do it again. A fielding radar is that "leeway" which allows you to take a quick second to register the fielders without breaking up the flow of the game.

And they could always give us the option to disable it if you feel it breaks up your realism.

The rest of your post, about intelligence and don't play shots where there are fielders, has nothing to do with a radar or not....

Of course with that said, however, Pro Cam running needs a few tweaks unless you enjoy blind running! :D

Yeah - smashing a ball to the boundary in Pro Cam is the most satisfying thing ever, but it causes issues when you're the non striker. Because the AI never calls for runs, even when it would make sense to, it's far too easy to miss runs you could have had, or worse get run out, because your 'head' doesn't turn quickly enough to see if the ball has beat the fielder.

Another vote for no need for fielding radar - it's far more realistic to actually have to check the field out yourself. Far from being a 'criminal oversight', it's a welcome omission for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1408830952][/DOUBLEPOST]
If DBC is going to compete with FIFA it can't afford to cut corners on this sort of stuff.

Unfortunately I can't ever see it competing with Fifa, unless Big Ant teams up with a megabucks publisher, which wouldn't be a good thing in my book as the game would become less about pleasing the fans and more about the bottom line for the publisher...

One thing that I've always thought about computer games/sims, is while we want realism, there needs to be some leeway in certain areas where it's just not possible to sim accurately with a computer. The Fielding Radar is one of those.

In real life, it only takes a quick second to glance and see the fielder positions and register them in your brain. In the game, it takes much longer (and I'd argue the game doesn't allow you enough time to see it thoroughly). And if the CPU changes the field, then you need to do it again. A fielding radar is that "leeway" which allows you to take a quick second to register the fielders without breaking up the flow of the game.

And they could always give us the option to disable it if you feel it breaks up your realism.

The rest of your post, about intelligence and don't play shots where there are fielders, has nothing to do with a radar or not....

The fielding radar is missing because its a design decision, so no, the game does not need a fielding radar. There's nothing to fix if it was never intended in the first place. You wanting one does not equal the same thing as the game needing to have one. I appreciate that this is a requests thread, but you called it an oversight, but it really isn't.

Disagreed entirely - the fielding radar isn't needed at all. I've barely noticed its absence.

Users who are viewing this thread