Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

I've read through some of the suggestions and I completely agree with them. Would just like to add a few.

i)Spin bowlers' bowling speed should be increased considerably. It's way too slow right now. Fake speeds which are shown in HUD are fine but the corresponding Real Speeds which in previous Cricket games where in M/Sec are slow. Gone are the days when spinners would bowl so slow. Current speed seems like at max 60-65 KMPH with regards to Real World Cricket. Might as well solve the problem of loopy bowling strategy online. Even the Slider/Arm Ball fails to surprise the batsman(Online) with pace let alone the AI.

ii)Strangely Morkel bowling at 143 KPH seems a lot faster compared to Steyn bowling at the same speed. Difference in height maybe? Even on hard pitches the ball hardly seems to carry to the Wicket Keeper at 140+ KPH for Steyn.

iii)The AI does not leave a single ball. Even in Test Matches. It either defends or misses. Chases the wide balls as well. A must fix I guess.

iv)The AI Pacing is absolute rubbish at the moment(Tests & T20's). Considering different match types can be created I'm assuming a General AI Pacing pattern is being used. I hope if that is the case Special cases be made for at least T20 & ODI's.

a]Ingame in T20's I've found a general trend, where the AI starts off pretty aggressively. Slows down a bit after the Powerplay, but manages to get to about 60-70+ by 10-12th Over. After that they become overly defensive and doesn't at all throw their bats at anything.

Even on Legend difficulty ,I've got so many 120/2 & 130/0 at the end of 20 Overs. But never did I see a single 180/7 or maybe 160 All out.

b]Ingame in Test Matches the Average Runs/Over by the AI is about 4-5 runs. Which is pretty good compared to previous Cricket games. But ideally it should be 3 RPO or less. I've followed umpteen number of Test matches and 3 RPO still seems to be ideal.

These problems seem to me as the most important just like I had pointed out the Bowler fatigue issue and a few other important ones during pre-patch 2 era. ;)

It all seems to make sense , but it leaves one with a feeling of not allways being in control of your shots , whereas previous games , if you fixed the hitting Cone to the Cover Drive Angle , it WILL hit it there or just miss the ball.

In terms of lack of control, one thing that I have noticed is that some shots are impossible to aim. For example it is very difficult and almost impossible to play the front foot flick off the pads or pull shot behind square. I usually use the front foot to play my shots and look to score around the corner to fine leg. I aim my RS towards 1 or 2 o'clock hoping that if the ball is full I will play a leg glance down to fine leg, but it always goes square. If the ball is short I am hoping that I will play a paddle type shot off the front foot down to fine leg to avoid square leg, but I pull it to square leg and get out.

Playing a successful leg glance requires you to play the ball real late, so late that the margin for error is real high. Get it wrong and you will get caught behind, hit it somewhere in the air, or miss it completely. Whereas the leg glance is usually a safe shot and in cricket if you get out to it you are usually "strangled" down the leg side and considered very unlucky.

It would be very nice to be able to hit in areas you want to like fine leg and third man without inducing a massive risk to do so.

Last edited:
-I would like to have a 2nd choice batting position and even different batting positions in different formats.
-It would be good if the AI bowled more "bad" deliveries and these should be punished (both human and AI) with a system similar to that used in baseball games where the type, pitch location and direction of the delivery is revealed to the batsmen so he can pre-meditate the shot that such a ball would deserve. Say if you release the ball or plant your foot in a bad area.
-Dynamic batting orders and team player selection that could be tied in with current form, morale or energy.
-Teams opening with spinners in 20/20.
-Player traits such as shot maker, express bowler, possesses deadly inswinging Yorker, finisher, possesses Bradman style cover drive, poor runner, injury prone, ect...
-Batsmen getting injured when getting hit by deliveries repeatedly and retiring hurt.

-I would like to have a 2nd choice batting position and even different batting positions in different formats.
-It would be good if the AI bowled more "bad" deliveries and these should be punished (both human and AI) with a system similar to that used in baseball games where the type, pitch location and direction of the delivery is revealed to the batsmen so he can pre-meditate the shot that such a ball would deserve. Say if you release the ball or plant your foot in a bad area.
-Dynamic batting orders and team player selection that could be tied in with current form, morale or energy.
-Teams opening with spinners in 20/20.
-Player traits such as shot maker, express bowler, possesses deadly inswinging Yorker, finisher, possesses Bradman style cover drive, poor runner, injury prone, ect...
-Batsmen getting injured when getting hit by deliveries repeatedly and retiring hurt.
Again its a patch not DBC15...

After patch 2 the AI doesn't get run out. I would like to get them run out.

No offence meant, but I feel things like that add a whole lot of complexity for not a deal of reward. If you add batsman retiring hurt, then you have to worry about how to stop that being exploited on multiplayer (etc).

- Sometimes, a deep fielder stops jogging to the ball, and takes a slow walk toward the ball. Batsman can take an extra run in that time, which is unfair, since no fielder would do this in real life, unless he's either injured, or Lonwabo Tsotsobe.
- Allow a 'normal', deft, but not defensive, ground shot, with a real focus on actually keeping it on the ground. When I want to keep it on the ground, I have to play an aggressive ground shot, which is easily mistimed, or totally missed. The default shot type goes into the air much too easily.
- Sometimes, for some reason, my bowler swops bowling sides for no apparent reason, other than the boundary that was just hit off my bowling.

Have played the game for 55 hours now and still feel I'm long way away from being good at it. Ok, so here is my short wishlist.

1. When in career mode, there should be a perpetual "Simulate to career mode" wherein we don't have to make the selection from menu option everytime. Just as we loose control, game should go to simulate mode and give back control as our role begins.
2. Shortcut for simulation mode to save multiple keypresses (going through menu) for something that most people would anyways do in career mode. One-key shortcut would be awesome.
3. Simple text on the top of the screen to highlight change in field (as and when it happens) rather than a lengthy camera sweep.
4. In match practise mode, way too many camera sweeps happen and AI would discuss to take DRS or not. Its a waste of time for players who want quick match practise and want to just focus on that aspect.

Thanks for hearing me out.

There should b option to disable bowling assistance before starting online session. It was good before the patch 2. I am not saying it should b totally removed. There should be option of disabling it before start of the game. (Like Fifa has assisted controls / Manual Controls before start of the game).

I think caught and bowled has been removed after patch 2 if you are bowling with the spinner. The bowler doesn't catch the ball whatever during the online play.

1. When in career mode, there should be a perpetual "Simulate to career mode" wherein we don't have to make the selection from menu option everytime. Just as we loose control, game should go to simulate mode and give back control as our role begins.
2. Shortcut for simulation mode to save multiple keypresses (going through menu) for something that most people would anyways do in career mode. One-key shortcut would be awesome.
I like all of these. More than the simulation key, I'd just like some way of skipping the endless transitions. I'm so used to hammering 'A' all the time and I could do without all the field panning and such. If one button could skip all queued transitions that'd be cute too.

3. Simple text on the top of the screen to highlight change in field (as and when it happens) rather than a lengthy camera sweep.

1.)Yeah we can have an option added to the HUD as "Skip fielding" for Career mode and if we tick that then it will automatically go where the career player either has to bowl or bat...

3.) That's for loading the field not a fancy thing so cannot be changed...

Will they be able to change the weather dynamics like to play in overcast conditions? Or is that to big a change?

I think caught and bowled has been removed after patch 2 if you are bowling with the spinner. The bowler doesn't catch the ball whatever during the online play.

Spinner can catch it, playing a test last night v Dale and he got 2 c&b with a spinner :(

Users who are viewing this thread