Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

AnkitC

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh ok, I play on thse levels and fast bowling is fast enough for me. Difficult for BA when people have such different views..

Strange really. It might be because we play with different teams. As I have been saying the 140's from taller and better built bowlers like Morkel are a lot faster than even 145 from Steyn which puts me into serious confusion.

Maybe you should try playing with/as South Africa (Get Best) to see the difference in speeds between say Morkel Steyn and Philander. Even if the fake speeds(shown in HUD) be similar Morkel's deliveries feel a lot faster.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its very difficult to determine how the skill levels should be because for different people you have different levels of difficult, for me PRO is very tough, before patch2 I only had 1x100 in a career but I didn't get to see how I could play when my player was more skilled, and since oatch2 the aerial shots thing has made it almost impossible to make 50, even on amatuer for county games. So to the better players on higher levels you may want it harder but for me its hard enough on pro.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Oh ok, I play on thse levels and fast bowling is fast enough for me. Difficult for BA when people have such different views..
Yeah totally agree...Fast bowlers feel fast, so I am absolutely fine with the current pace...I have been playing Legend level from the start without HUD, so maybe that's the reason why its fast enough for me @AnkitC ...:)

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well @Ross did mention that we will get "speed sliders" to adjust the speeds according to our wish in Patch 3. I am really looking forward to that. Well that, and more modding support :)

Another request I had was to include Non-Aus/Non-Eng Career mode (which was originally to be introduced in Patch 2?). I know we can replace teams in Eng County/Aus Domestic and play with local teams but the Competition Names, Ground names etc. still remain the same.

ellgieff

Club Captain
Well @Ross did mention that we will get "speed sliders" to adjust the speeds according to our wish in Patch 3. I am really looking forward to that. Well that, and more modding support :)

Was that confirmed? That would be awesome, if so.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This was already mentioned but mentioning that again as had two instances today....Fielder going outside the boundary and diving in to save the boundary but the final result is 4....

@Ross :Maybe you create the fielders not to cross the boundary line at all even when sixes are hit , just make them view the ball getting over their head...Would make in realistic and avoid that 4 bug and avoids the players pass through the ad boards...

superfreddie

Club Captain
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'd like the option to not play for a team in career mode. Say play in the big bash, but say no to playing shield cricket. I know we can forfeit matches but would rather not have to.

Also I have mentioned this before but just dropping it in again. Would love career t20 and odi world cups in career.

danny_Fc

Club Cricketer
Mentioned this in the questions thread but worth posting here I think.

I would make standard RS shots much less likely to reach the boundary.

This would incentivise use of the aggressive R2+L2 shot, since at the moment it serves no purpose.

It would make batting much more tactical. RS for bread and butter pushes into space to nick singles. Then R2+L2 when you want to take a risk to get a boundary.

I think it's fair to say most people's strike-rates are well above 100 right now. This change would bring it closer to real life strike-rates.

grkrama

National Board President
It is fine as it is, if your are hitting boundaries easily, bump your difficulty and play on legend.

Pure drives always should go to boundary when timed sweetly enough.
R2+L2 is still useful in situations were you want to jail break a chain of fielders without risking lofted shots, its used lesser in cricket too at-least by conventional cricketers with technique.

Last edited:

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Mentioned this in the questions thread but worth posting here I think.

This would incentivise use of the aggressive R2+L2 shot, since at the moment it serves no purpose.

It would make batting much more tactical. RS for bread and butter pushes into space to nick singles. Then R2+L2 when you want to take a risk to get a boundary.

I think it's fair to say most people's strike-rates are well above 100 right now. This change would bring it closer to real life strike-rates.

I agree. I would like the ability to manoeuvre the ball about the field (and thereby the fielders) to pick up singles. At the moment it's not really possible to do this.

danny_Fc

Club Cricketer
It is fine as it is, if your are hitting boundaries easily, bump your difficulty and play on legend.

Pure drives always should go to boundary when timed sweetly enough.
R2+L2 is still useful in situations were you want to jail break a chain of fielders without risking lofted shots, its used lesser in cricket too at-least by conventional cricketers with technique.

I'm playing on Pro so you might be right, perhaps 'perfect' timing is easier on this level so carries more often than not.

That wheel you posted looks good, strike-rate is stilll quite high but I don't know the context.

grkrama

National Board President
That wheel you posted looks good, strike-rate is stilll quite high but I don't know the context.

Its fifty over match, the run rate feels at home with it and i had amped up the run rate in the last 15 overs with raina,MSD, and rahanae after reaching his ton, i feel it plays perfectly you get boundaries mostly with settled batsman and brute batsman.
Also a few of those boundaries were lofted shots.

indengscodi.jpg dhoni.jpg

In test matches it dries up greatly, as far as i have played its really captured well the ease of scoring boundaries in t20> odi >test

I would say if you are finding pro easier to hit boundaries its time to bump the difficulty

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Although this idea is not for any forthcoming patch but would be for DBC15 I feel it is relevant to what you guys are talking about. I think a rethink in regards to the batting controls would be in order. I'd like to see non trigger shots as they currently stand, but with a trigger for more power and a trigger for less power. Remove the aerial shot trigger completely so that the ball trajectory would depend on the angle of the bat when it makes contact with the ball.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Although this idea is not for any forthcoming patch but would be for DBC15 I feel it is relevant to what you guys are talking about. I think a rethink in regards to the batting controls would be in order. I'd like to see non trigger shots as they currently stand, but with a trigger for more power and a trigger for less power. Remove the aerial shot trigger completely so that the ball trajectory would depend on the angle of the bat when it makes contact with the ball.

I don't think that would work since to get a lofted shot you would have to either hit up through the ball, or roll the wrists under the ball to open the face of the bat. You can't do either of these things, whilst keeping the batting interface the way things are at present.

Users who are viewing this thread