Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The 'dynamic line-ups' in career mode seriously need to be either improved or abolished. I started a career and found both Shaun Tait and Mitchell Johnson playing for Australia, and Kevin Pietersen playing for England. Surely a situation like Don Bradman 14 where the changes you make to the teams in the academy are reflected in career mode would be preferable to this.
I'm sorry but I completely disagree. I love the dynamic lineup as an idea.

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stamina fixed for career.

International stats fixed for career.

Ability to choose specific players in each fielding position.

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I actually like players being picked on performance. It's just that when they perform their ratings should go up as well and reflect that they're improving as cricketers. That would rectify it and make it more realistic.
I agree, I too like players being picked on performance but as mentioned above you will get examples of players who in reality have retired from international cricket or who will never again get picked by their national side like KP inadvertently will be picked by the national team if they play well. This can lead to some loss of immersion.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I agree, I too like players being picked on performance but as mentioned above you will get examples of players who in reality have retired from international cricket or who will never again get picked by their national side like KP inadvertently will be picked by the national team if they play well. This can lead to some loss of immersion.
Try changing their country of affiliation in their profile before you start career to some remote country like Zambia or something. That might work.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Are lineups that dynamic though?

I played a few years of international cricket and the only changes I saw in the side where due to retirement.

suddyz

Club Captain
Try changing their country of affiliation in their profile before you start career to some remote country like Zambia or something. That might work.
That's a really good idea.

suddyz

Club Captain
Are lineups that dynamic though?

I played a few years of international cricket and the only changes I saw in the side where due to retirement.
I can say that they seem pretty dynamic to me in my experience. I played two different careers and both times the NZ T20 teams looked quite different. I haven't progressed too far forward to see if they change much in the future as in my 2nd career I'm only in 2018 and just broken into the team.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm sure it's been mentioned. But I'm hoping to see bowling all rounders more utilised by thr AI.

Playing a test against India, with no bowling from jadeja. (Not that I'm complaining)

seves009

Club Cricketer
im captain for my county team the inngs was declared without my permission....wht is use of being captain for team nd i have missed my double century i was on 198*....

Gayan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think a small thing that could make a huge difference is if the throwing meter was properly synced to act of throwing the ball.

Its a bit weird that after u charge a throw the player is still in the act of getting ready to throw. Kind of defeats the purpose of being able to charge to blue/green. As soon as u let go of the throw button the player should be releasing the ball. At the moment it doesn't matter if u charge to blue or green cause the player will still be getting ready to throw. This way if u had to rush a throw to prevent a run u would release it early in the blue or alternatively if there's a run out chance that's very tight u would release it in the green because u would need a direct hit , there would not be enough time for the bowler/keeper to collect( in the blue) for a stumping.

A lot of sporting games use the metre concept but the action is simultaneous with the release of the button, e.g. in fifa the longer u hold the button the greater the shot power on goal , as soon as you release the player shoots. I think If dbc could similarly implement a simultaneous throw from when the button is released there would be a lot more run out chances.

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
I had wanted to play a career with my national team as Ireland but since there was no option to select them as my national side I linked England's data with theirs in the academy, so England basically became Ireland. Only when I started my career I saw that the Ireland 11 consisted of a hybrid of both teams. Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this?

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
I can say that they seem pretty dynamic to me in my experience. I played two different careers and both times the NZ T20 teams looked quite different. I haven't progressed too far forward to see if they change much in the future as in my 2nd career I'm only in 2018 and just broken into the team.
So does that mean that there's no point in editing international teams in academy prior to starting a career? Just wondering so I don't spend time editing them if there's no need.

Users who are viewing this thread