Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

HnC

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dont quote me on this but I think the idea is to get a couple of people from the community to just make up and go over some lines but ye im not too sure

Will Browne

Club Cricketer
I dont think anyone has mentioned this before: if the catching is going to be made similarly to Ashes cricket, can we have more clearly defined colours, because i am colour blind and i found it very difficult to tell between the orange and green.

irjwdn

School Cricketer
Hi all,
I am new to the forum but i have an idea that could work out well for the game. It's about an alternative to the normal circular spot on the pitch where the ball bounces when delivered by the bowler. Coz if the batsman already knows beforehand where the ball is pitching, it makes for very easy batting so the line and length of the ball shouldn't be given away that easily. In EA 07, i tried turning off the ball pitch indicator to achieve the same but that made it way too hard to get a decent shot away. So, What can be done is -
>> Instead of a circle to determine the bounce of the ball, it could consist of two rectangles stretching the entire length and breadth of the pitch to determine the line and length of the ball respectively. The area of the rectangles would be determined by
1. the bowler's accuracy of course
2. and this is the important one- by the batsman's form and how well the batsman has settled in at the crease. Eg. a new Raina would have trouble reading the ball when he is new to the crease whereas a new Tendulkar wouldn't have relatively lesser trouble. And when the batsman is set, the area of the ball indicators would considerably reduce making it much easier to read the deliveries.

And just as an icing on the cake, one could attribute certain special qualities for batsmen(in the same bracket as Slogger, defensive wall , Demon hooker etc.) like... few batsmen like Dhoni would be "Quick Settlers" (yeah, i know it sounds cheeky..lol) i.e. players who settle in at the crease from their very first ball if they find the middle of the bat unlike a say.. Gambhir who would takequite a few balls to get his eye in.
What do you guys think ? Let me know coz that would make batting a real challenge that it should be. And heads up for putting in so much work to give us a decent game. I am grateful..

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi all,
I am new to the forum but i have an idea that could work out well for the game. It's about an alternative to the normal circular spot on the pitch where the ball bounces when delivered by the bowler. Coz if the batsman already knows beforehand where the ball is pitching, it makes for very easy batting so the line and length of the ball shouldn't be given away that easily. In EA 07, i tried turning off the ball pitch indicator to achieve the same but that made it way too hard to get a decent shot away. So, What can be done is -
>> Instead of a circle to determine the bounce of the ball, it could consist of two rectangles stretching the entire length and breadth of the pitch to determine the line and length of the ball respectively. The area of the rectangles would be determined by
1. the bowler's accuracy of course
2. and this is the important one- by the batsman's form and how well the batsman has settled in at the crease. Eg. a new Raina would have trouble reading the ball when he is new to the crease whereas a new Tendulkar wouldn't have relatively lesser trouble. And when the batsman is set, the area of the ball indicators would considerably reduce making it much easier to read the deliveries.

And just as an icing on the cake, one could attribute certain special qualities for batsmen(in the same bracket as Slogger, defensive wall , Demon hooker etc.) like... few batsmen like Dhoni would be "Quick Settlers" (yeah, i know it sounds cheeky..lol) i.e. players who settle in at the crease from their very first ball if they find the middle of the bat unlike a say.. Gambhir who would takequite a few balls to get his eye in.
What do you guys think ? Let me know coz that would make batting a real challenge that it should be. And heads up for putting in so much work to give us a decent game. I am grateful..

+1

but isn't it a little late to implement?

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
One minor issue though - would the rectangles interfere with the action i.e. take up too much visually? You can't impair the view of the player with big rectangles.

Aside from this though it is a great idea and something I would consider.

LM

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's a great suggestion imo and would be nice if it is implemented in the game.

irjwdn

School Cricketer
I thank you people for appreciating the idea. And i really hope it's not too late to integrate it into the game coz afterall this is supposed to be THE game for hardcore gamers like us all. Either way, the game itself is a great initiative from the developers.

and @LM - You mean that when the bowler is about to release the ball , his view might coincide with the rectangles on the pitch? Hadn't considered that until now but coming to think of it, if the cam view is similar to the one we had in EA Cricket 07, they won't interfere coz most of the part of the pitch(i.e. the area where we are allowed to pitch the ball) has an unobstructed view. Plus , what we would have is a sort of a '+' sign on the pitch whose arms('l' and '-' in the '+') would have varied widths/breadths and the position of the 'l' and '-' would vary depending on how the ball is delivered. So, that would mean the issue,if there arises one, is very much solvable. And what if we are supposed to decide the ball's line and length before that moment(i.e. the release of the ball) in which the obstruction might occur. There won't be any interference in this case. And i hope i understood your question right about the view being impaired.

taq12345

School Cricketer
Why doesn't the ball SEAM? Either its cut or swing? Will that be implemented?
Also...there should be different amount of swing/seam/cut every time cause having the same amount is unrealistic. Different pitches should have different amount of movement.

BeingHuman

School Cricketer
One minor issue though - would the rectangles interfere with the action i.e. take up too much visually? You can't impair the view of the player with big rectangles.

Aside from this though it is a great idea and something I would consider.

LM

This idea was already there in BLC99 :facepalm

for bad batsman ..large circle used to come up ..
for set batsman .. small dotted circle used to come up..

samething was applied to bowlers too ..
unsettled and bad bowler used to get large circle ..
settled and good bowler used to get small circle..

:thumbs

shaney

School Cricketer
please make it good i've been waiting so long

OK here is my idea...I am more technical and i like to see good batting so work on more shot selection than ea, i would like to see the placement cover drive and the flashing power cover drive and demon pull and hook shots. And for sounds crowd chants must differ in different country, good commentary, field sounds from the players and the bats and bowlers run up. Make the pitch conditions affect the game, and weather changes sometimes during a match. Let human players when bowling be able to beat the AI's bat or let AI miss a few strokes like in real life. And lastly let fielders make boundary slides and also let the AI chase runs wisely and also defend their total wisely depending on the runs they make or chasing

Users who are viewing this thread