Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So does that mean that there's no point in editing international teams in academy prior to starting a career? Just wondering so I don't spend time editing them if there's no need.
It depends, do you play mostly casual games or only career mode ? The updated line ups are reflected in casual games, custom tournaments, basically every other mode except for career mode. @hammadahmed88 suggested that if you really don't want certain player to be picked by their national teams due to retirement in real life or other issues like KP not being selected for England again then you can edit their nationality to some lowly ranked country that you will never come across in the game's career mode.

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
It depends, do you play mostly casual games or only career mode ? The updated line ups are reflected in casual games, custom tournaments, basically every other mode except for career mode. @hammadahmed88 suggested that if you really don't want certain player to be picked by their national teams due to retirement in real life or other issues like KP not being selected for England again then you can edit their nationality to some lowly ranked country that you will never come across in the game's career mode.
I had wanted to play a career with my national team as Ireland but since there was no option to select them as my national side I linked England's data with theirs in the academy, so England basically became Ireland. Only when I started my career I saw that the Ireland 11 consisted of both English and Irish players. Do you have any idea how I might fix this?

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had wanted to play a career with my national team as Ireland but since there was no option to select them as my national side I linked England's data with theirs in the academy, so England basically became Ireland. Only when I started my career I saw that the Ireland 11 consisted of both English and Irish players. Do you have any idea how I might fix this?
Are you playing on PC or console ? If PC there might be something you can do about it. @Wouldubeinta has created a save editor and a team / player editor for PC where you can easily change players details (nationality included) you could then change players nationalities although this could take some time to do this.

Gayan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Could we get more premediated shots and use of the depth of the crease during the death overs by the ai ?

The whole bowling inns feels the same u just plug away on a good line and length with some variations. If in the last 4 overs of the t20 inns the ai could be moving around the crease and playing more premediated shots it could really make death bowling feel unique. e.g you got a offside field in the death and the plan is the bowl outside off the ai might attempt to walk to the offside to open up leg or you are bowling a full/Yorker length the ai might step back deep in the crease like AB Devilliers does to get under the ball. If the ai premitated in the death overs rather then plugging away on a good line and length bowling would be more abt outsmarting the batsmen with variations/ predicting where they will move/ following the batsmen. You can move around the crease when batting, haven't seen the ai use it though.

andrew56

Club Captain
It would be good to have wear baggy cap during batting if your playing spin
Bowlers having sweat bands and towel for ball
It would be good to see players who play orthodox shots play them more
It would be good if dil scoop , reverse sweep, upper cut,helicopter shot,paddle is easier to be used in the game
Late cut and switch hit would be good in the game
Cut shots need to look realistic
Ai fielding needs to have realistic fields
It would be good to have confidence and stamia levels shown in the game
Having batting and bowling strengths and weakness would be good to have

andrew56

Club Captain
Cricket acadamy should have more features and need more things in there
More cricket helments eg new ones
Having new cricket gear and choosing what gear you will wear
Maybe having different batting techniques

andrew56

Club Captain
Pitches wear more eg india pitches more rough and uneven bounce
New zealand and England have more grass on pitches seam and swing more
Batting celebration eg chris gayle and jadeja sword

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@BigAntStudios
Precision shots should substantially decrease the chances of nicking one behind square. I feel as thought the odds at the moment are the same whether you use precision or not. This would decrease run rates and make batting more realistic I think. As of now, I never use the precision trigger and am either hitting fours or playing dots. This would add another dimension to batting.

andrew56

Club Captain
Can we have the best fielders in the right positions or at least we can choose which player fields
Ai bowlers bowl too many bouncers needs to change

zayno

Club Captain
how can i delete the stadiums that dont have a picture.I see there is frame rate issues and jerkiness in stadiums that are not used in the tour mode on xbox one.hope this is patched so gameplay is smooth in all stadiums.the issues are more on the non disc stadiums.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
how can i delete the stadiums that dont have a picture.I see there is frame rate issues and jerkiness in stadiums that are not used in the tour mode on xbox one.hope this is patched so gameplay is smooth in all stadiums.the issues are more on the non disc stadiums.
Go to cricket academy..... studio.... stadiums....delete

Gayan

Club Captain
  • Cant change next batsmen in immediately after a wicket falls. When u pause the game after a wicket falls and go to tactics > change batting order the action is queued to after the next batsmen has arrived at the crease. Would be better if we can change the order before the next batsmen is in.
  • Option to turn on/off cap in academy for batsmen when spinners are bowling
  • Ive requested this earlier a forward dive for boundary fielding but it would also be good for fielders right on the inner circle; too often the ball goes by fielders on the inner circle , u'd at least expect a desperate dive if it is smashed and there's no fielders in the deep to cover it . The slide on the boundary is terrible because ur facing the boundary and u got ur knees tucked in front of ur body its almost always a boundary because ur knees touch the boundary rope.
  • cut back on the slide animation , its more a outfield animation when the fielder is coming across to the ball but u are comfortably in front of the boundary rope, it shouldn't be used when ur tight to the boundary rope. its used also used too much in the infield particularly when the bowler/ keeper is backing up behind the stumps. kills immersion when u see the keeper/ bowler sliding legs first onto the pitch to collect the ball one handed. Id rather the keeper/ bowler let the ball go to the man backing up if they cannot conventionally pick it up.

Last edited:

bj88

School Cricketer
First post on the forums :) I haven't made the jump from DBC14 to DBC17 yet, only have the Steam demo at this point. But i watch youtube videos and daily read this site and look forward to what patch 4 can bring.

One I thought of recently is some animation improvements to the stadium and surrounds. I think this could greatly improve the realism and atmosphere. When playing, the trees for instance (which appear to be the same type 'copy/pasted next to each other..) could move with wind conditions which could also have slight affect on swing bowling and high air shots holding up.

I have many other thoughts on similar minor fixes/improvements that could go a long way but it is probably more for future versions of the game rather than patches such as the death bowling situation, more dynamic weather impacts, an attitude/anger type modifier, greater pitch variations, for multiplayer have reaction control for shots/wickets/close calls (like Fifa celebrations) etc.

Love reading peoples thoughts on this game! A great community

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Full customization of the fielding. Meaning I can place my fielders where I want them. Meaning halfway between boundary and inner circle.

very limited in field placing.

Users who are viewing this thread