Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

D

Deleted member 46200

Any news on Patch 4 release yet?
Yes there is a patch coming....is that news?
It's name is patience and needs to take it's time as people will complain if it doesn't fix major problems. This game is a long term project and I refer you to the frequency of patches released for DBC 14. We ain't doing to bad kiddo!

No news means they are probably still processing everything so maybe a longer wait...?

Last edited by a moderator:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Before saying anything I would want to thank Ross, Big Ant and team for there splendid efforts and giving this excellent game.
I am huge fan of big ant now and wish they could release more cricket games in future.
I would like to highlight few things here...

Since last couple of days I have been getting deeper into career mode game play ...
I found few bugs which I have already reported in console section (Not sure if BA refers to them or not).

Three major bugs have been identified which is losing my interest on this game every day.
All these below three bugs were perfectly alright in DBC14.
When some one make a game on top of an existing game how could they remove the basics ?
Bug 1:
Played international matches as England team with SA , IND , BAN , AUS , WI etc.
Teams are same across all formats.
SA:
No AB Devillers , Duminy , Imran Tahir etc .
IND:
No M.S DHONI , I could have managed if anyone else were not there.
BAN: No Mushfiqur Rahim
AUS: No Lyon in test team all are pace bowlers.
WI: No Gayle in ODI or T20

Not sure how many surprises I may get when I play with PAK, NZ , SL

On what interest you will play this game with out your best players ?

Bug 2:
NO proper stats for Test , ODI , T20.
I have scored 190 in PRO against West Indies, my first century in Tests and a 35 ball 77 .
Where these scores have gone no idea?
Does not show up anywhere ...
What will you do even if you score a 300 where they do not get accounted , almost waste of time and efforts isn't it?
Stats was 200% alright in DBC 14,where I have 303 highest score in career mode Test and 228* in ODIs.

Bug 3:
Spinners: Cut shot is always held by keeper , and slip player is catching a catch which is pointed to Gully, like a super hero.
In a century hit @ DBC 14, I would have scored 15-20 runs around this area which is not possible in DBC 17...proves definetly not a 360 degrees scoring game.

All these mentioned issues are observed in career mode.

I only hope is to get this fixed and release into upcoming patch , I hope these issues are not only my concern and priority but everybody else's as well.

My point to highlight here is ,do any body have workaround for any of these defects?

I don't know how to tag people here else I would have tagged Ross and Big Ant ...
I would tweet them or email them instead let's C. If I get any response.
@BigAntStudios

Bug 1 is on you. Onus is on you to download the proper teams and set the lineup that you want. Big Ant cannot do it for you given the licensing concerns. Bug 1 really should've been that only one kit per team is used across all formats.

As for bugs 2 and 3 you are spot on. Career stats were pretty good in DBC 14 and have somehow regressed in DBC 17. Same with Bug 3 as you can't really cut spinners which is a shame.

D

Deleted member 46200

If patch 4 doesn't include the option to take a selfie with a fan, when they run onto the pitch, I'll probably stop playing.
I'll stop if Alice bands aren't implemented (for men as well).

Disclaimer. Being very serious would like to see longer hair other than tied back, allice bands and other stuff I have mentioned, thanks BA. Look at my picture how and why would you want to tie back perfection @Ross

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bug 1 is on you. Onus is on you to download the proper teams and set the lineup that you want. Big Ant cannot do it for you given the licensing concerns. Bug 1 really should've been that only one kit per team is used across all formats.

As for bugs 2 and 3 you are spot on. Career stats were pretty good in DBC 14 and have somehow regressed in DBC 17. Same with Bug 3 as you can't really cut spinners which is a shame.
Dear,
Thank You for the response ...
I am discussing about career mode...
I have created all the lineups for each team, in DBC 14 it used to pickup the lineups which we assigned as default.
I think you are not aware of the fact that DBC 17 has an algorithm to select the lineups by itself even though we assign, it will ignore .. this has been discussed quite a few times earlier as well.
My question was more on the algorithm , let us forget about Dhoni or Saha ...let a player be A & B both are playing Indian domestic as WK/Batsman with 67 skill & 85 skill .
Whom do you choose A or B?
Similarly for AB Devillers & C Gayle are they having too bad skills where Miller and T Bavuma are ahead of AB.

Last edited:

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
let a player be A & B both are playing Indian domestic as WK/Batsman with 67 skill & 85 skill .
Whom do you choose A or B?
as for DBC17 logic A or B are same thing

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I dint get your logic ,based of what the team lineup is selected, if I am not wrong it should be skill value right?
not always.players role also matter i think.
Also the batting position.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I see that in stats you can see all women players' stats for the entire season in international cricket. I would love to see this for the men's side as well. Just to see who's having a good calendar year in international cricket. Something that would compile stats for every player in all tournaments. Again this might be too much as other stats need to be fixed first so this would be a cherry on top, but still something that would be nice.

EDIT: Also after hopefully BA adds the ability to see our player's international stats separately, maybe a space where we can see other players' career stats would add another dimension of greatness to this game.

Thanks @BigAntStudios

Users who are viewing this thread