Patch 4 Wishlist and Suggestions

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've sent this video directly to @BigAntStudios as well, but thought it is worth sharing here: i think the possibility of awesome bat-pad dismissals is so close in this game but the pad physics stops it: the ball just dies when it hits the pads. if the pads could not kill the momentum so much, we could have some awesome bat pad dismissals. that would be a big request for me for patch 4.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@blockerdave does the same issue still exist when the ball hits the batsman's gloves?
Yeah any such dismissal possibility dies quickly..Hit gloves and down, his pads and down..They never go in the air..Like @blockerdave said its real close to making it an amazing addition to spin and even a few in pace bowling..

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've gotten a few dismissals by bowling a bouncer and it hitting the batsman's glove and the keeper catching it. Is this pretty common for you guys as well ?

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've gotten a few dismissals by bowling a bouncer and it hitting the batsman's glove and the keeper catching it. Is this pretty common for you guys as well ?

That should be Not Out as the ball hit batsman's arm guard and not the glove.

suddyz

Club Captain
That should be Not Out as the ball hit batsman's arm guard and not the glove.

Yeah agreed, but the game gives these as out. I've also had a couple of them that have actually hit the glove and been caught.

Edit: Just had one that hit the arm guard and not given out, so maybe this is down to umpire error in the game ?

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah agreed, but the game gives these as out. I've also had a couple of them that have actually hit the glove and been caught.

Edit: Just had one that hit the arm guard and not given out, so maybe this is down to umpire error in the game ?

I doubt it's considered an umpiring error coz even if you review the call you are unlikely to get it reversed. Just like in DBC 17 the only calls that are corrected via BARS are the LBW ones. Anything else don't even bother.

suddyz

Club Captain
I just had this happen to me now (See video below). It looks like it's hit the arm guard again and given out, although there might be a smidgen of glove. Really hard to tell. I'm a bit confused by this now as I had a catch taken by my keeper off the batsmen's arm guard and I appealed and the umpire didn't give it out. I watched the replay and true enough it hit the arm guard and not the glove. I wish I would have saved that replay so I could show you as well. At the moment I'm not sure what to think. Is this a bug where if you hit the arm guard and catch it the umpire gives it out ? ....

Rohit Basu

Banned
I feel the game is pretty good now .. but online gameplay is pretty bad most of the issues are in online game like for umpire calling wides correctly in normal games but not in online games.online patch is really important online gameplay is full of bugs overthrows ,wides not given, keeper unresponsive. Ball hits the wicket out not given.feild presets changing,while batting the batsman cant check the field ,feilding radar must.in a 5 over quick play how manny fielders are actually allowed it's 2 or 3.running between wickets and the fielders are lagging.balls are invisible sometimes while batting.people are bowling at 65 speed which is too low think should be locked at 72 for a balance gameplay however the edit the player the lowest speed for a spinner be at 72 and medium pacer at 110.batting can be improved more.legend mode gameplay need to tweaked a bit as its like test match .still sometimes given 8 runs for a boundry.so I feels most of the bugs are in online gameplay.normal the game is good now few things may be missing are very minor.big ant should really look into online gameplay and patch it in patch 4 .
Thanks
Hrohit051

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I doubt it's considered an umpiring error coz even if you review the call you are unlikely to get it reversed. Just like in DBC 17 the only calls that are corrected via BARS are the LBW ones. Anything else don't even bother.
Yeah you cannot appeal for a run out, when its close, you appeal and all the ump looks at is LBW....for clos run outs if you appeal the system should at least ask you for an "umpires review of the runout"

Users who are viewing this thread