Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Dibby of Dobbler

School Cricketer
This new patch has destroyed the batting. Even dropping the gaming mods you can't get the middle of the bat on the ball. Nickerama all round.

Also the 'mysterious' hook shot that you never played from pre-patch is still there. But this time you effing nick off to the keeper!! What a joke!

Please put the batting back to what is was before. Please.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This new patch has destroyed the batting. Even dropping the gaming mods you can't get the middle of the bat on the ball. Nickerama all round.

Also the 'mysterious' hook shot that you never played from pre-patch is still there. But this time you effing nick off to the keeper!! What a joke!

Get Good. Or drop down to Medium, it's easy.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It should be more than clear by now that the stats issue(s) will not be fixed a la DBC 17.

Yeah I guess I probably have realised that now, I was just holding out whatever hope I had left. It's incredibly frustrating that the only thing that could stop me from playing the game is the only real major issue that has been present since DBC17. I don't know what more I could have done to help get it fixed, because I feel like I was posting on the bugs thread and the general discussion thread every week haha. Oh well.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This patch takes the game to new levels. Haven't followed all the developments in the PC thread, so these come as pleasant surprises. Thank you BA!

Played a T10 casual match, AI scored 68/4 of 10 - all 4 wickets were different (catch, lbw, bowled & stump). Now playing Ashes as England.

Lots of changes - Cut shots improved, night matches play out smoothly, AI aggression toned down, realistic targets, lots of edges flying through the slip-gully, shot timing (while batting) is now crucial to surviving in the middle, drop catches, sixes are not easy anymore.

Batting / Bowling on Medium Pro, fully assisted fielding.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Finished a game I started last night (PC). A custom ODI (1992 rules) with custom teams Australia v England (me). It was pretty good in terms of reflecting that era, very close if you're familiar with that match from the World Cup.. I hope this is because of the mentalities, a soft pitch and my quality bowling rather than poor total setting AI. I'm going to try 1996 and 1999 teams to see what differences there are. Hoping a few more players that are not Precise and Conservative will be reflected in the approach and total.

It was nice to see the AI using fields with five men out, I hadn't when I've played with these rules. Still no men out in powerplay for spinners.

TmxEDW2.png
It was Medium batting, Hard bowling and Legend. Batting was way too easy, my first time using Medium, it was with modifiers active but the only one changed was the Ball Marker Display (at 6). Bowling felt pretty good, five catches by Stewart, some bowled and lbws. I don't think there was one dismissal that was glaringly awful - possibly a first time in any format me. The umpire did miss a stinker of an LBW, hitting middle, fortunately the batsman got himself out two balls later.
For anyone with absolutely nothing better to do:
and
is the full match.

Eh? I am well below 'medium' and still nickerbockerama! Sigh

And how 'get good' do you have to 'get' after 700 hrs db17 and 60 hrs ashes? Eh? ha

Anyway, goodish game pre this patch. Now unplayable!

Oh hi @wasteyouryouth. I use your players and team. Nice work.
What is it you're struggling with?

The big issues I had was adjusting my brain and the trained movements to the new timing. It felt very unnatural to play so late, particularly with the pitch marker (the only aid I use) showing up so early. I've knocked that back so it displays quite late. The match above, batting felt a bit too easy. But for anyone I think it's a case of finding a level where you are happy - if it's easy, difficult or somewhere in between. Hard is too difficult for me now and Medium too easy, so I'm looking to find a Goldilocks setting, somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

Who plays with the whole bat anyway... ?

Sir Dibby of Dobbler

School Cricketer
The pace bowling max and min speed in the gameplay mods doesn't seem to work anymore (PC/Steam).

It all thunders down at the same lighting speed with the quicks.

Some people like me like to go commando and don't use the aerial marker because in real cricket you don't know what that ball is doing until it comes out of the hand. Also I like to hit a 'ball' not a green or orange circle!

Slowing down the real quicks to 40/45 was perfect for me but now it don't work. Please can we have that back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread