Not open for further replies.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ooh , ducking when leaving bouncers with x button... like it , this feels much better now when batting.... Pro , hard[DOUBLEPOST=1528456870][/DOUBLEPOST]Me too , edge through third man , nice... my favourite shot in real life ... got bowled leaving one that nipped back , shouldering arms .... good stuff :)

charles04

Club Cricketer
Is there any stumpings of AI batsmen against spinners. Havent seen that for some time now
And not enough outfield catches.always seems to fall just short of fielders

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thank you so much for adding the bowler select and the other options to Training Ground.

I asked for that early on and I am really happy you guys added it.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is there any stumpings of AI batsmen against spinners. Havent seen that for some time now
And not enough outfield catches.always seems to fall just short of fielders
Ya I got one stumping in a T10 match. Took a wrong one to get it

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Absolutely love this patch. Batting is near pefect post patch. The 2 things you tend to notice immediately are increased edges and reduced shot force. They make batting an absolute treat. You need to be patient. Maybe reduce difficulty. I went down from Hardest to Hard. No nerfed shots. Love the occasional dropped catches. There is a good balance between bat and ball. Even if you are batting at 100 not out, you still have be careful.

Couple of things i think need attention are running between wickets and excessive reduced shot force in some shots. The batsman still takes time returning to the crease after cancelling run. Also shot force between forward square leg and mid on are excessively reduced. Even on everything ideal, normal shots hardly travel before the fielder collects it.

I dont wanna talk about AI fields as i think i have gone about it way too much though i am still hopeful.

Very satified with the patch.

Edit: Just adding few videos to show excessive reduced shot force (even on good/ideal timing) for normal shots between forward square leg and mid on region (this particular shot is between mid on and mid wicket). This happens 8-9 out of 10 times.

Last edited:

Kass D

County Cricketer
Am so impressed with the AI batting approach. They score around 3 per over and takes less risk . Lovly

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW @BigAntStudios good work with patch.

Yet the online section is still being unattended.

There are few issues in online such as
1. Batsman not returning immediately after cancelling run
2. Ball direction is not clearly shown with line marker.
3. Close fielders not making quick throws even with well timed throw.
4. Importantly not able to change the field in middle of the over.
5. Not able to see opponents team rating before beginning the match
6. Not able to see custom created field in the list while trying to change field placement during online matches

and few more issues are really annoying while playing online. It would be great if we get a patch for online game play as well.

D

Deleted member 119607

Is anyone having stats issue because i am not having any issue

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Is anyone having stats issue because i am not having any issue
I havent till now[DOUBLEPOST=1528485932][/DOUBLEPOST]
what sliders is everybody using? Any suggestions as batting has been a definite struggle so far
Start with medium. Play straight in the V for atleast 20-30 balls. Once confidence is high, start playing more shots. Its more practice than anything honestly.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
I havent till now[DOUBLEPOST=1528485932][/DOUBLEPOST]
Start with medium. Play straight in the V for atleast 20-30 balls. Once confidence is high, start playing more shots. Its more practice than anything honestly.

Thanks mate,
The trouble I'm having at the moment is timing, where nothing seems to come off the bat fast, and I'm scoring virtually no boundaries.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Would there be any way of creating the godawful ECB "The 100™" match type? And if not could it be added? @MattW

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Started an England World Cup 96 v Australia WC 96 match. Batted first as England. Started abysmally. Was 7 down after the 15 over Powerplay. Managed to recover by knuckling down.

Not sure if I started badly because it was tougher than my last match (slightly better bowlers, batting first, hard pitch) or was over confident.

It's interesting that the recovery began after the Powerplay. Batting becomes a lot easier. I think when the AI is forced into an attacking field it can be tough, you either have to manoeuvre it around or take risks by going over the top. Outside of the Powerplay, perhaps because the AI doesn't bowl to a plan, it becomes a lot easier.

KVWQDPP.jpg

uEyfvhh.jpg

Mondy

Club Captain
Any tips on how to bat on hard. I find the window between early timing and OK is very small. I’ve never got an Ideal playing hard and rarely a good. When I try and play the ball late I often miss, which is an issue if the ball is straight.

Not a complaint by the way. I enjoy the challenge. Just looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread