Patch Update Thread

Can this be worked out - Relay the message, if possible.

ONLINE PLAY -

Save the stats for each n every game (Ranked), if the game has lasted for minimum two overs.

Yep Not Possible, why ?

Because there is no server in between 2 players to authenticate the gaming session.

According to me, if they can distinguish between Ranked n Unranked matches; they can easily track if the ranked game has crossed the first two over mark....

Its like, saving the values once the sending/receiving stops from either one / both of the parties involved in the game :)

So, Is anyone of our PC members doing testing for PS3 patch (or) its Transmission's Testers doing it?

New Patch and Online Play

I was excited about the new patch but it appears at this stage that it will fix nothing for online play.

The link about the patch by Jamie Firth is here:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/new-q-producer-jamie-firth-58750.html

I love this game but there are some serious problems with online play. Currently I am number 1 player in ODIs and number 2 in T20, so I know a fair bit about the game. I am addicted to online play, offline fixes are not really that important to me.

1. Online quitters are one of the biggest problem online. There is far too much time wasted when the other player quits at the last minute. There should be penalties for quitting (It should count as a loss for the quitter, drop in ranking and win for the other player).

2. There is a slight jerk/pause with fast bowlers when there is a bit of lag. This can create a lot of problems for the player batting, at times it can be impossible to time the ball. It is not a huge issue with fast medium, medium or spin bowlers.

3. Your online stats should show the number of matches won and lost.

4. There is a problem sometimes when you pause and resume the game, the bowler runs through the stumps and batsman can not play a shot or move, if the ball is on the stumps you are either bowled or LBW.

5. A lot of players complain about the bowling cursor being moved too much. Bowling cursor should be fixed when the bowler is about half way in his run up. This gives the batsman a fair chance to play the correct shot.

While offline fixes are good, online players like me should not be ignored in the patch. I invite others to join me for reqeusting a patch fixing online issues.

Last edited:
How i wish , they would increase the Anti Aliasing in the game. The Jaggies are so not cool.

who cares about offline play??? Online is where it is at, man its 2009! same applies to fifa, COD. look at why these games are so sucessful, IMO it is due to the smooth online function and the mountain of stats for us to drool over.

AC09 online is amazing, but the profile/stat tracking is a joke. Here is a list of things a players profile should include... this should be easily veiwed in the game lobby...

games played.
completion %.
Won.
Lost.
Average batting.
Average Bowling.

And do us all a favour, 100 spaces on the leaderboard??? pathetic, there are more than 100 players who would like to know how well they are doing. how about listing.... errmm... well, everyone!

I agree with you 1000%. How many people are actually going to be playing offline? I can say at least 80-90% play online.

I would love to know how many are behind me being the number 1, is that number hundreds or thousands, and how many exactly? It will also be nice to filter the ranking of most recent player you played as well. Leading a pack of 100 is not a big deal but a few thousands might be!

Last edited:
We have a couple of members who've done a lot of online doing the beta testing and don't worry, they're fighting your corner!
Incidentally if you think 100 places is bad you only get 20 on PC.

We have a couple of members who've done a lot of online doing the beta testing and don't worry, they're fighting your corner!
Incidentally if you think 100 places is bad you only get 20 on PC.

Oh so the patch testing involves the online multiplayer component?

Does anyone know whether this patch has sorted out the whole middle order slogging thing.

The patch has to deliver or i reckon this game will end up collecting dust in many peoples homes

Users who are viewing this thread