PC Version Antialiasing

StGeorge

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, my copy arrived this morning - obviously the posties are working in this part of the country today :)

I'd like to know if anyone has managed to get AA working. There are obviously no options for it in the game, and I have tried overriding the settings from the nVidia control panel but to no avail (I have a GTX 280).

It's a real shame as the graphics are really good but without AA they get ruined.

Right, I've booked the day off so it's one eye on Headingley and the other on the PC!!

:D

There's a way to lower the graphics settings?

My graphics card is JUST not good enough...

If you go into Option, then Graphics Options you can change the graphics quality.

It's not as comprehensive as most games, but there is some control, at least.

I've still not managed to overcome the antialiasing issue, I reckon BLIC2007 looks better because of this problem...

its sad that codies have concentrated more on the console version this time :(

the anti-aliasing issue is so annoying :mad:

Yeah that is disappointing, initially I thought it was my laptop graphic card but my 295gtx is also having the same issue :(

I played the demo on my laptop which is a 15 inch screen but at 1650x1080 and highest quality and it looks lovely. It may look a little different on my 19 inch desktop screen at 1280x1024.

The "special effects" is basically a console effect that heavily blurs the background. It looks quite cool, albeit highly unrealistic. You may find that it makes the game look better since it doesn't have too much AA.

And don't kid yourself, the game has AA. All games have AA. Just because there isn't an option for it in the menu, it doesn't mean that there isn't some aspect of it in the game. There just isn't the option for further, more advanced AA.

Has there been any success with forcing AA in the graphics driver options outside of the game?

And don't kid yourself, the game has AA. All games have AA. Just because there isn't an option for it in the menu, it doesn't mean that there isn't some aspect of it in the game. There just isn't the option for further, more advanced AA.

Has there been any success with forcing AA in the graphics driver options outside of the game?

If it has AA, it is at an extremely low level, the jaggies are disgustingly large at 1920x1200.

I have tried overriding the AA settings in the nVidia control panel but it doesn't seem to work.

^ I tried with nHancer and it still does'nt work.:doh

Yeah, it didn't work in the Demo so I presumed it'd work in the full version, but apparently as you say, no. This is awful. We're not consoles codies, we're the real deal!

They must do a patch if it is possible, its ruining an otherwise lovely looking game. When we have the power to put all those AA in, its going all waste!

It seems unlikely its a driver issue, I'm guessing that the game does not support aa, or its actually a console port hence no aa.

Yeah being a console port would justify it.

When I force AA, there is a performance drop but no actual effect. I doubt Nvidia / AMD will make it a priority to fix Ashes Cricket 2009! I hope they do though, the game will look lovely.

Besides the AA issue, is there any other notable differences between the PC and 360 version?

Just from reading reviews it sounds as if there are a lot more bugs/ AI issues with the PC version.

I know Transmission said it is the exact same build, but then again they said a lot of things they did not deliver on (much easiers fixes like bowler speeds).

Users who are viewing this thread