PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Finally some info on AI. As per their claim the AI will be highly adaptive to the situation in a match. Thats what i am looking for as I have no one to play with at home and I dont have time and a high speed connection to go online. Further the bowling seems quite interesting although I think We will only understand it when we get our hands on the game. Batting has never been that big a problem in past and if improved upon BLIC 07 batting can be a blast. I am really eager to play this game. Bring it on:happy

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Great Q&A. but planning and execution are two different ball games.

am not gonna keep up any hopes until i read the reviews....

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Question:

Will Ashes 09 have the Champions Trophy and Cricket World Cup like on BLIC 07.
I can answer that. The Champions Trophy is in EA's Cricket 09, not in Ashes Cricket 2009, and the World Cup is not licensed in any of the new releases.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Few Questions from me:

1)Is there a Be A Pro mode like Fifa 09??:upray:upray

2)Can we create Custom Teams??

3)I got a beast of a Pc:D, so can i expect crysis like graphics on max settings??:p:p

4)Will there be a Demo before games release???

5)BLIC07 had different bowling styles for fast bowler, so is this the same in Ashes cricket?? Moreover, are their different batting styles and stances for batsmen in the game??

6)Do the player sledge in the game:D:D ? Coz Ashes atmosphers wont be complete without some heated moments. If their is sledging in the game then does this affects the concentration of bowler/batsman anyhow?

7)You have mentioned that we select the type of delivery before bowling, so can our opponent in co-op mode see what kinda delivery we are selecting or the deliveries are mapped to the keys and we'll have to remember that??

8)Can we create a custom kit in the game for a custom team or it will be decided automatically by game like BLIC 05??

9)Are their Unlockable players and other stuff in the game??? Like unlocking classic kits for the teams,legends,music,etc

10)How deep is the stat system this time around? If i play with my career player, i would like to see his stats updated after every match, so does the player has such a system in place? Does the stat system tracks the stats of other players too??

11) Is their a ingame ranking system in the game?? If yes then that would be awesome...

12)Does the players form and morale affects the players performance in the match like it does in FIFA 09...???

13)Bowlers have special deliveries last time around but batsman were restricted to the dancing down ability last time around. realistically, we should be able to dance down the track at will. Can we do this in AC09?? If yes then what are the special shots which would be unlocked on the max confidence of the batsman?? IT would be awesome to reverse slog like pieterson or slog sweep a fast bowler like yuvraj in the game...

14)Does players bat like their real life counterparts?? Like K.P dominating the bowlers no matter what the conditions are or Like Alasiter cook playing defensively..... It was sick in BLIC07 to see Rahul Dravid dance down the track to a fast bowler to hit him for six over deep mid wicket for 3 consecutive balls...:noway:noway

Their are a lot of questions in my mind, will put them later:p

Srinath Krishna

School Cricketer
Thanks matt for that excellent interview... I guess it answered most of the questions...

I'm sure this game will be in everyone's wish list... Hope it lives up to the expectations...

Here are some of my questions...

1. Will be there any official roster updates in the future from the developers? I know you can change the names but changing the players' attributes might not be possible. It'll only be possible if the developers themselves release a roster update, say every 2-3 months or so.

2. When will a demo be released, if one?

Looking forward to this game... :happy :cheers :banana2

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Good Q+A that. I'd have liked to have known more about the batting system, more specifically if there's an option to leave the ball in this game, as there still wasn't that option, without losing confidence in the last one. Also would have liked to have known if there were more Autoplay options, like in the EA games, as opposed to just skipping 1 over or the entire innings. Only a couple of things missing though, overall I'm looking forward to this one alot, especially the fact that there's a focus on Test cricket!

Believe me, Brian Lara cricket pretty much was concentrating more on ODI even though it was ashes. They said themselves they concentrated on Tests.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That has really impressed me! :happy The gameplay factors and others which they told is what the exact requirements of we users. Finally I made my mind to buy this one after EA Cricket 2005 :happy

Thank you Heath Smith and Jamie Firth for spending their precious time for us. :) Also one good thing which they did was, seeing our Planet cricket forums and getting the right CRICKET requirement. ;)

If EA had done that, they wouldn't have spent just 6 months in developing a game.. No wonder EA has denied the game.. They would have definitely got the clue of this AC09 game before and hence taking a step back I believe. 6 months polishing work of the previous version is not going incur a huge loss. :rolleyes:

I am eagerly waiting for the early July! :cool:

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
One thing that Jamie Firth mentioned was that we can customize the Players and their are a lot of genric heads to do that... But i would like to ask him how deep is the player customization mode??? I wold love it if this game has a create a player mode like Pro evolution soccer has....

While creating the player can we assign the celebrations to the player for wickets and 100??:D:D I mean ther should be different celebrations for different players.. Sachin celebrates a hundred calmly while looking at sky and salutes the god. While K.P goes all ove the moon while celebrating a hundred.

They say English and Aussie squads are fully licensed.. Does that mean we would see monty panesar's copyrighted:D jumping celebration :banana2after a wicket??

max_dillon2007 added 8 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Fifa 09 is not made by Codies so you can ask this question for EA 09

I meant a Dedicated career mode like Be a Pro... Pro evolution socer also has a career mode called Become a Legend mode.. So it is not necessary that only EA games have a dedicated career mode. Thus it is a worthy question...

Just imagine,Playing in the career mode, seeing the match from the dressing room while waiting for your turn, hen suddenly 2 quick wickets fall and your are up next to stabilize the week middle order of Australia:D:D.. All the pressure on you. Then you walk off the stair on mcg and crowd is going nuts so is Commentators as they talk bout chances of you handling this pressure on debut... If their is anything like this in the game, it would be dream come true for cricket fans....

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Is it true that the game is coming out on Wii? If so, how long after the original release.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Is it true that the game is coming out on Wii? If so, how long after the original release.

The game IS coming out on Wii, but after the game is released on PS3,360,PC.

Also great Q+A, I'm trying to keep a lid on this game, but it's hard not to get excited!

Users who are viewing this thread