PlanetCricket.net Sports Personality of the Year

Face Off: Who should WIN the PC.net Sports Personality of the Year award?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sorry, but whoever thinks Padraig shouldn't be in the top 3 of this is a complete and utter arse.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Otherwise the only people who have voted for Ronaldo are Kev and Drew. Jealous scousers? :p Seriously though I think he's lessened his diving recently, now its more play acting but he still did it on saturday, kind of

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The poll has finished and the votes mean Tom Brady and David Beckham are out of the running.

This is the final shortlist:

Gareth Barry (Soccer)
James Wade (Darts)
Ricky Hatton (Boxing)
Colin McRae (Motorsport- Rally)
Joe Calzaghe (Boxing)
P?draig Harrington (Golf)
Andy Priaulx (Motorsport - Touring Car)
Lewis Hamilton (Motorsport - Formula One)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer)
Bryan Habana (Rugby Union)
Kumar Sangakkara (Cricket)

There will be a new poll up in a little while where you have to vote for your favourite.

PhilD123

International Coach
Christiano Ronaldo because he's a cheat (OK almost all footballers are cheats, but he's worse than most).
:mad: We had this in the football thread the other day, yeah he was awful in his first year or so, but he has stopped diving. Unfortunately, crap refs still go by his reputation. Perhaps, you should be looking closer to home for a cheat, i.e. Gerrard (who dives more than an olympic swimmer), or any Liverpool player for that count. Ronny's getting my vote for the final.

sd92

International Coach
Well at least we got the two ridiculous people out of the way.

My vote will go to either Hatton or Ronaldo.

sd92

International Coach
Because i prefer him over Calzaghe. Although he was beaten by Mayweather, he's still a legend in my eyes.

lancashire666

International Coach
ive only just noticed this thread, cant beleive tom brady is out, i love pretty much every sport going so can say that he really shouldnt have been voted out, the people who have voted for him much have voted as they just dont like gridiron and it has nothing to do with his acheivments in his sport.
i probably would of voted for James Wade and for beckham as he has deceided to play in a mickey mouse league when he could of gone to pretty much any league in europe

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
yeah disapointed that Tom Brady is out but i mean who else?
all those other are such great sportsman
im happy as long as Habana wins :)

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Going for Ronaldo, Calzaghes incredibly close but I'm going for Ronaldo as he's really emerged this year and stepped it up plus a ton of other reasons. Calzaghes close but for him to earn my vote over some of the bigger names he needs to win a superfight in the states.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My vote goes to Andy Priaulx. I mean for a guy i've never heard of, winning 4(?) championships in a row is something incredible...

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
My vote goes to Andy Priaulx. I mean for a guy i've never heard of, winning 4(?) championships in a row is something incredible...

The sad part is that he isn't an unknown, its just that only the 'premier' motorsports get decent air time eg F1, WSBK, MotoGP and GP2 to an extent.

Theres usually more chances and action in a tourning car race than a full season of F1. The 'lesser' forms of motorsport definitely need to be aired more, such as Touringcars, F3 Euroseries, F BMW, F Renault and probably even GT racing, even karting to an extent.

As much as national pride tells me to vote for Habana, Priaulx deserves it more.

Users who are viewing this thread