Post your questions about the game here!

bahnzo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Range of motion is likely to give a similar user experience to the pressure in the trigger - many people finding it difficult to control.

I'd prefer velocity of the RS. That way if I want to belt it I belt the stick - if I want to push, I move the stick gently.

I'm not a UI coder though, so I don't know how tricky this would be to do right.

Either would be an improvement over the way it is now. It's tough to both maintain a light pressure on the trigger and move the RAS without changing the trigger.

grkrama

National Board President
Certainly getting defense also into the RAS based on the RS push will greatly improve batting, as then you will have 3 options by just having you hand on the trigger instead of just 2 options by having you hand on a trigger as it is now.

For example with RAS controlling both defense and drives, im having my finger on Attack trigger, depending on the ball i can go through with lofting it or leave the trigger and just pushit to long on or defend it.This will make the batting experience/as well as judging so much closer to real life.

Ideally i would get the defense trigger to work as Leave button and im sure The Batting controls will go GOLD.

Having this kind of system will greatly enhance batting experience.

Only thing i doubt is how well we will be able to control the RS stick( especially for behind the wicket shots, all the analog stick based control games so far like Golf or baseball mostly involve forward swings not backward one so that's one area im a bit doubtful about implementation/ how well users will be able to control it) and it has to be implemented in a way we feel in control in going between defense and drives, on second thoughts it can be a bit dodgy as well as it will capture the real life cricket were batsman or unsure on defending or going for a drive and end up nicking or scooping to the fielder.
If implemented rightly it Should be the batting controls for iterations of DBCs.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Certainly getting defense also into the RAS based on the RS push will greatly improve batting, as then you will have 3 options by just having you hand on the trigger instead of just 2 options by having you hand on a trigger as it is now.

For example with RAS controlling both defense and drives, im having my finger on Attack trigger, depending on the ball i can go through with lofting it or leave the trigger and just pushit to long on or defend it.This will make the batting experience/as well as judging so much closer to real life.

Ideally i would get the defense trigger to work as Leave button and im sure The Batting controls will go GOLD.

Only thing i doubt is how well we will be able to control the RS stick( especially for behind the wicket shots, all the analog stick based control games so far like Golf or baseball mostly involve forward swings not backward one so that's one area im a bit doubtful about implementation/ how well users will be able to control it) and it has to be implemented in a way we feel in control in going between defense and drives, on second thoughts it can be a bit dodgy as well as it will capture the real life cricket were batsman or unsure on defending or going for a drive and end up nicking or scooping to the fielder.
If implemented rightly it Should be the batting controls for iterations of DBCs.

The thing is that DBC14 has opened a very wider and different perspective to play the game as far as controls are concerned....The problem lies in accepting the controls by the majority...Views might differ but the solution should be arrived based on what the majority FEELS right to play....Another solution is getting 2 or 3 different control systems when the groups are voting for those 2 or 3 all should be implemented in the game and the gamer should get to select his control option out of the listed 3....This might be a good solution...

Cafcjgreen

School Cricketer
Apologies if this has already been asked but why does my bowlers pace drop after 5 overs? Surely he can maintain top pace longer than this

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Apologies if this has already been asked but why does my bowlers pace drop after 5 overs? Surely he can maintain top pace longer than this
Check his fatigue level [Right on D-pad] ,if its high then change the bowler and bowl him after some overs to get his energy back....Its designed that way for realistic gameplay....And bowlers will fatigue fast when you overuse fast delivery trigger more often....

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tiger Woods Golf has used this system for years, even back in early 2000 it was very responsive.

The only experience I've had of Tiger Woods is on the Wii (because, much like cricket games of the past, all golf games since Microsoft Golf were Microsoft Golf+ in implementation - until my partner got a Wii, and suddenly a Golf game had controls that made sense for a golf game)

It was pretty sweet, tbh. Shame I don't really like Golf (and she took the Wii when we broke up, anyway).

Getting the control sensitivity exactly right is why I wonder about how tricky it would be to implement. The reality is that because batsmen are reacting with a relatively short window to act, it's not like golf - where I can take all day getting myself right before I take the shot. So while this idea is intellectually my preferred approach, it's the kind of thing that would do well as an alternate control scheme (MLB: The Show has this kind of setup, three - kind of four - different control methods for hitting, some on buttons, some on the analog sticks and even the Move) which is there for the people who want to use it.

I'd also really like a motion control option, but I expect that would be even trickier to get right - and I know a lot of "hardcore" gamers hate the idea of motion controls.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
How many powerplays are there in a career AUS 50 OVR CUP ....??

can I select when to have the batting powerplay....if I am not the captain....

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Whats the use of "Walk" in the D-pad?

grkrama

National Board President
D-pad-UP though the timing window to do that is small, personally i haven't been able to get that timing right to walk not that i have tried it much will probably want to do it once to see how it goes:p, but a few others here have posted so.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
I've never been given the option to walk... when I go out I seem to be decisively out.

WiLSoNN

Club Captain
Hi There, BigAntStudios... Thank u for making such a cool cricket game... take a bow... everything is great ...
But i would love to get the following things in your future updates

More no balls/wides (at present only 1 no ball in 15 overs on average)
Even in the 15th or 20 th over of a T20 game there will be 2 or 3 slips in place. CPU Tactics must be improved
Field indicator in HUD would be nice
Option to change the batting order after fall of a wicket
Stats of NO.of 4's and six's in scoreboard !

Users who are viewing this thread