-= Project progression thread =-

Ritwik

co-founder
I would like to add to what slade has said, if the project doesn't go anywhere after a period of time, will you consider released the source under the GPL or some other license ?

Anyway, best of luck with finding financial backers...

Ritwik

co-founder
This game was borne out of an idea Scatter suggested when Cricket 2004 just come out and hadn't been modded. Everyone was dissapointed with cricket 2004 (to varying degrees) and thus scatter suggested that the Internet cricket games modding community try to build a cricket game themselves....he was supported by Planetcricket and many other programmers/artists joined his side. There was a lot of initial excitement and the work on the game progressed rather fast, before all the excitement died down, taking the game with it...

Sadly, this project was a non-starter like virtually every web-based game design partnership

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes, it is a shame that to build a commercial computer game from the ground can be very daunting, particularly as this game generated such excitement.
As I suggested on another thread several months ago, and has been echoed again lately, why can't there be an open source engine written? Scatter had a wonderful idea, but it doesn't have to end there...put the basic engine together and let the PlanetCricket community design the rest...if it fails, it fails and its put back on the shelf but, there are lots of talent on this forum.

As I have said previously, anyone who has Neverwinter Nights knows about the game designer powered by the Aurora engine...Tomb Raider Chronicles has the same thing...as have Tiger Woods Golf and Links 2003...and it doesn't even have to be that flashy to begin with.

Anyone old enough to know what Linux was like in its early days knows that it doesn't have to look flashy to be effective.

Just a thought...swear and throw fruit at me if you must.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
sorry for the delay duff, but every time i've tried to log in lately the boards have been down.

from the new appearance i can see why :)

the project was to write a fully commercial game. no freeware, no shareware...

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Well I would have bought the game if was a commercial one. Just to support you guys who were working on the game. :)
Thanks for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread