Quarter Finals Stage

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
All said and done, he has done better and bowled better than our current crop of bowlers. Atleast the batsmen are still afraid of him.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well, everyone said pakistan wouldn't win because they'd need to play 3 good games in a row in the knock outs.

they won''t now. a half decent performance will see them through against the west indies.

fancy sri lanka against england but who knows with england?
SAF are as a near to a sure a thing in the QFs as you can get but the india v australia match could either way.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its the perfect chance for Pakistan to qualify for Semis. They must keep fielding and catching well to ensure their progress.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Quarter Finals:
Pakistan v West Indies - Shere-e-Bangla Stadium, Mirpur. (March 23)
Australia v India - Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad (March 24)
New Zealand v South Africa - Shere-e-Bangla Stadium, Mirpur (March 25)
Sri Lanka v England - R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (March 26)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
March 23 is celebrated as Pakistan day since the Two nation theory was announced as basis for creation of Pakistan on March 23 1940. Our team should better not mess this up :).

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
in the end, I think sri lanka will be happiest. out of australia and sri lanka there wasn't really anyway india could escape a good QF opponent, better going in to it with a win under their belt. sri lanka avoid india and get an inconsistent england, meaning they keep home advantage.

australia would have definitely rather played the windies and england would probably have rathered pakistan.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
One of Pak and WI would be in the semis. Who would have thought before the tournament started?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India will win,West Indies will win,New Zealand will will & last but not least Srilanka will win :D

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
West Indies will win

Dream on!!!

Well i am 805 that pak will beat WI and then we'll have to play India or Aus in semis wow i want Aussies because we have already beaten them and Pakistani team will not like to play india in india as well

----------

One of Pak and WI would be in the semis. Who would have thought before the tournament started

You cant think of WI but still it's not unbelievable that Pak will play in semis

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
People did expect Pakistan in the QF, but definitely not as the number 1 team there. They have an excellent chance of winning the Cup.
My bet is for the winner of the 2nd semi-final to take home the Cup. That can be either of Pakistan, Australia or India.

And I expect the chokers to duly choke - South Africa will be beaten by the Kiwis.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
So you think. But the Africans can still do it. Its a high pressure game and we haven't seen a QF type situation in international cricket since the 2000 ICC Knockout in Nairobi.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Shoaib is definitely not anywhere close to the bowler he was. He's a shadow of his former self, and a pretty poor one at that. While I wouldn't call him mediocre, he just isn't that good anymore.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That is probably the best quarter final opponents you could pick. Pakistan's unpredictable nature brings WI back into the game. NZ love playing SA and knocked them out in one of the previous WC. England and SL well any match with the English has become unprectiable of late. And of course India v Aus.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
We would love to face India in the Semis :D If the clash happens. We welcome it with open arms. :) To my sense, India must be having more pressure in the game against Pak in the Semis because of their own home crowd cheering madly for a win which is their right ofcourse.

Having said that, Pakistan does have a batting lineup to chase even more than 300. You never know what they can do on the day. And ofcourse, we have an edge of our pace attack and a superb leader. The past WC record is just in the mind, while the actual game will be played on that day.:thumbs

I don't know why but I got a gut-feeling that the 1st semi-final will be played as Pakistan vs Austraillia :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread