Rainy Tossing.

duggrs

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Harji said:
Why Codies or EA give us an option of custom overs per session in test matches

Because that would've taken time and effort. I've gotta say that, since i gave the game back, I haven't missed it at all. Been playing the modded version of Cricket 07, and it's far superior, although i'm yet to encounter rain and diverse condition affected play.

villarich

School Cricketer
I've been playing Cricket 04 recently and the rain has saved me from losing my 1st test against the West Indies!
I always autoplay the computers innings and play on the hardest setting.
The West Indies hit 543 and then I've batted for near on two and a half days and then still being 100 runs behind with only 2 wickets left the last two sessions were rained out.
If a cricket game has test matches in it then the weather should be able to impact the match which in this case was excellent for me.

I've always been a fan of Codemasters but this version is poor. Too easy, stupid autoplay and it never ever rains. :(

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Haha in an F1 game I'd understand why people would want rain, even in a soccer game etc., but why a cricket game would one want rain? :laugh

duggrs

School Cricketer
because sometimes having a pain in the arse weather system is exactly what you want. The rain concept totally opens up the option of the 'draw' a concept completely alien to a test match (in BLIC 2007) without rain. A test match is not like any other form of cricket in that (in some occasions) a draw is an acceptable, indeed sometimes a desirable result. The rain can make the game more interesting, realisiting, yes perhaps irritating sometimes too but there are irritations in games (offside in football etc etc) and i think that this is too pivotal a feature to have left out.

duggrs said:
Because that would've taken time and effort. I've gotta say that, since i gave the game back, I haven't missed it at all. Been playing the modded version of Cricket 07, and it's far superior, although i'm yet to encounter rain and diverse condition affected play.

If its overcast it rains in cricket 07. I think its great. If you use the match changer patch, you can change the conditions of a match. Like whether its sunny or grey, or the type of pitch. For example, you can change the pitch on the lastday from a normal pitch to a dusty pitch to simulate real cricket. Using the various crowd patches you can also change crowd sizes. Its great.

Users who are viewing this thread