ravis patches

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
wasi786 said:
thanks ragada for replying but i increased edge average but nothing happened no edge any other thing to do and plz tell me what values to put :help :onpc

It is a known bug that sometimes the edges disappear from the game altogether :eek: It has happened to many and not the first instance. The edges doesn't happen, the ball doesn't swing or seam are bugs in the game that has appeared sometimes when quite a few patches are installed. The only way to counter this issue is to do a fresh installation of the game and then reapply the patches, that should probably work.

crick4life

International Cricketer
groobz2 said:
Ravi, Batting on your ODI patch is amazing with slog turned off. I just chased down 263, and did it with 2balls to spare. People should really try this,, turn the slog button off, now you have to rely on building a batsmans innings and correct timing and placement to score boundries.

Bowling however just doesn't seem right, the cpu attacks at a good rate,, but loose wickets too often, usually all out by the 20over mark. Some of the shot selection seems off as well, for instance playing a backfoot legglance or a front foot coverdrive on balls that are no where near those shots.

Groobz2, glad you found batting interesting and fun. As for bowling sorry to disagree with you but I have hardly been able to get the CPU bowled out for cheap totals unless I am bowling on green tops. I also use Xspeed at +1.41 or +1.51 to make the bowling challenging. I am not sure if you are using Xspeed when you are bowling at all. Owing certain limitations within the game I have had to reallocate the shots hence CPU sometimes prefers back foot play, I know it?s a touch unorthodox lest it?s effective.

Agent47, you are more than welcome to change it to suit your style of bowling. I suggest all you need to do is increase defensive values in ODI 50 overs config file. That will reduce the run rate of CPU as well as cut down too many aggressive shots played by the CPU.

Tim thanks for taking time to answer these questions in my absence.

wasi786

Club Cricketer
thanks ravi very much your patch is very sexy n cool i suggest every1 to use it i really love batting using it :cheer :cheer :D

loz185

School Cricketer
Hi Ravi

On the whole, the test match V1 patch is an excellent one.. I play AI v AI sometimes when testing a patch, I believe this is the true test of realism because it eliminates how good the human is!

Anyway, what I found were just two issues.

1) CPU too agressive at the start of a test match, against the quicks.. Usually end up about 70-2 after 10 overs which isnt really on

2) Spin bowlers are far too good.. the batsmen just defend and defend and the ball keeps popping up in the air..

The ODI patch is great though!

crick4life

International Cricketer
loz185 said:
Hi Ravi

On the whole, the test match V1 patch is an excellent one.. I play AI v AI sometimes when testing a patch, I believe this is the true test of realism because it eliminates how good the human is!

Anyway, what I found were just two issues.

1) CPU too agressive at the start of a test match, against the quicks.. Usually end up about 70-2 after 10 overs which isnt really on

2) Spin bowlers are far too good.. the batsmen just defend and defend and the ball keeps popping up in the air..

The ODI patch is great though!

Guess you should use V2 of the test cricket patch, there were quite a few bugs in the V1. The balls wont pop in the air when the cpu or yourself defend the ball in V2.

The reason I had the CPU to be aggresive in test matches is to ensure we get some fun out of bowling. Otherwise you will keep bowling with the same field the whole day and CPU will tamely keep tapping to the fielders all the time. Use a little more defensive field, something like an in-out field to stop the flow of runs.

groobz

Club Cricketer
Hey Ravi, i've gone back to using your patch again, as theres been some realilstic stats in the story section using your patches,, anyway, just wondering advance ondrive (not slog) can split the fielders quite a lot to go for a boundry,, what setting would i change to lesson the power?

Users who are viewing this thread