Really giving up with batting?!!

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tried this last night, was very hard to get out of the habit of cancelling every time, sometimes I still did by accident, but mostly I did not, and not one time did they make a solid attempt at running out the non striker. I got nervous when the bowler who recovered the ball would start trotting back to the stumps, but I'd beat him to it every time. The throws from the outfield were usually quite soft and lobbed to the bowler rather than pelted at the stumps.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
@The_Pharoah
If you have ever been run out at the non strikers end when you didnt press cancel run then I would be surprised. I have never once seen a fielder throw down the stumps unless you press cancel. They only do that in reaction to your input. Conversely they do it 100% of the time when you press cancel.

Like I said to you a month ago, its bugged, its on the fix list, but its easy to avoid so just stop doing it.

This. I've been run out when I DID NOT press the cancel run button. Thats my point. I'm not in the habit of wasting time and posting the same crap over and over (apologies if it seems that way) for the sake of it...however it is something I have experienced ie. run out when I didn't touch the button. This is BEFORE the 'back in crease' animation kicks in - I don't know, maybe its a lag in the game or something, but its happened.

Either way, I'm going to leave it until the patch comes out.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Patch 2 changelog file should be atleast 5 mb minimum :)

Just the following 6 lines should be more than enough IMO...

1. Online gameplay issues fixed
2. AI Batting lot more solid
3. Realistic field settings which conform to field setting rules
4. Fast bowlers' fatigue/stamina and drop off in pace
5. Decrease in variation in pace for fast bowlers
6. Random run-outs and stumpings

Orangzeb

Banned

I'm only interested more in No. 2 and 6.... The most important thing for me to be fixed is "Difficulty balance" both in AI and Human..... and maybe a little earlier indicator of short / good length balls and leg / off deliveries. I miss 80% of short deliveries either because of quick judgement (back foot) or if it will come to leg or off ?

That's it.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Ability to edit default fields is a must IMO otherwise be forced to stick with PC version

Scrogs

Banned
Batting can be tough....but I don't mind that because I always believe that my bowling attack is more than capable of keeping a lid on the opposition batsmen runrate and take wickets.

Al Pacino

School Cricketer
I have also given up batting after 10 days of continuous practice but not getting good at it , i can only score if i decide before the delivery where to play and luckily i get runs but not on the merit of line and length . I tried again and again at different camera angles , hud on/off but nothing works. This game is shit , EA sports controls were the best even though they lacked on realism but i enjoyed playing EA sports but dis game is not playable at all .Only hardcore gamer , freaks nd ninjas can play dis . This game is not for normal people . If my reflexes were so good tht i could decide footwork, direction,defence,six in 0.1 seconds i would have become a cricketer nt a gamer .Big ant studios must work on it . I wasted my money on it and now i m going to throw it in the dustbin .The game which i waited fr years , bought my first controller fr dis game proved to be shit in d department of controls which i never imagined. Today is d last day i played dis game . no more not again .......Bye Bye Don Bradman Cricket 14 .I m going to return to FIFA now...........

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I have also given up batting after 10 days of continuous practice but not getting good at it , i can only score if i decide before the delivery where to play and luckily i get runs but not on the merit of line and length . I tried again and again at different camera angles , hud on/off but nothing works. This game is shit , EA sports controls were the best even though they lacked on realism but i enjoyed playing EA sports but dis game is not playable at all .Only hardcore gamer , freaks nd ninjas can play dis . This game is not for normal people . If my reflexes were so good tht i could decide footwork, direction,defence,six in 0.1 seconds i would have become a cricketer nt a gamer .Big ant studios must work on it . I wasted my money on it and now i m going to throw it in the dustbin .The game which i waited fr years , bought my first controller fr dis game proved to be shit in d department of controls which i never imagined. Today is d last day i played dis game . no more not again .......Bye Bye Don Bradman Cricket 14 .I m going to return to FIFA now...........

I don't think the problem is with the game here. If you can't bat on rookie or amateur may i suggest this:

The Worlds Easyest Game - Free Online Funny Games from AddictingGames

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Make your mind up.
Or not
.Big ant studios must work on it . I wasted my money on it and now i m going to throw it in the dustbin
I planned to buy dis game but when i played dis game of my friend its unplayable , its too hard nd has lost d fun of a game , its like real batting , i m a normal gamer nd for me its unplayable , sad as d game has good grahics nd gameplay but too hard to play
BigAntStudios - PlanetCricket Forums

Al Pacino

School Cricketer
I don't think the problem is with the game here. If you can't bat on rookie or amateur may i suggest this:

The Worlds Easyest Game - Free Online Funny Games from AddictingGames
i can bat on rookie because u can hit by using just one Right stick but whn it comes to pro mode when u have to use both left stick and right stick in different directions it make games unplayable and it nt tht i want game to be easy just want it to be playable but its unplayable even after lots of practice hence i m getting frustrated

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
i can bat on rookie because u can hit by using just one Right stick but whn it comes to pro mode when u have to use both left stick and right stick in different directions it make games unplayable and it nt tht i want game to be easy just want it to be playable but its unplayable even after lots of practice hence i m getting frustrated
Then how come most people who bought the game seem to enjoy and play the game again and again....

satt294

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Hi, practise defence a lot. Front foot defence and back foot defence based on the ball. This game is not like EA cric07 where you can hit a ball well wide off to midwicket(??). You have choose your your shots sensibly based on line and length. Length is given by the colour around the ball during delivery. Line...... well that's what your eye is for. Just start with defence and learn to find the line and length. Then play our shots and then work on timing. Don't expect to hit 6 sixes in an over after facing some few overs. I got by first 6 sixers after 6 years in career and almost 1500 overs in first class alone (in amateur). That was a month ago and I cannot get it back. This game is far far better than EA in terms of control. Its not simple-agreed but certainly not scary. Every match feels like a real match. When your team is in trouble you have to play down few overs before you can start to accelerate. You cannot get 100 of 30 balls with no 9 batsman. (well you can get it in 300 balls).

When I started out it took me three years of career to get my first hundred. Be patient and you will certainly enjoy this game more than any cricket game before. Every time you get a hard fought century you will savour your success not just a passing milestone.

Cheers mate:cheers. Enjoy batting.

PS: I am saying all this, because I don't want you to give up on DBC14 and lose your fun/enjoyment after paying for the game. I also don't want BA to lose potential customers in future (More gamers->more feedback/requests->more bug fixes/enhancements->awesome game->more gamers and finally an awesome game for me to enjoy :yes). Just remember how FIFA was 6 years ago and how FIFA 15 is now!!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread