Research Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by SteveG
I agree with that bomber...emails or snailmail...I'm sure most venues will supply details.

cool...

i will need to start visiting more homepages and stuff then... :)

bomber

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Scatter
cool...

i will need to start visiting more homepages and stuff then... :)

Let me know if you want me to chase up all the Aussie grounds info? It's a shame I still did'nt have all the info I got for that other game?:)

Radaga

International Coach
Scatter, please keep us updated as to when u have finished the templates for what you need us to get!
Or are you just doing the stadiums at the moment?

Scatter

Club Cricketer
rad - tbh the player research has been put on the back burner for a while for a couple of reasons...

- i am hellishly busy with the stadiums and other aspects of the game
- if we get the data too early, it will be well out of date by the time we are finished
- the coders have to decide what is the best method for storing such info in the game. it could be that we will save ourselves a lot of double data entry if we wait until we know more about the database we'll use, and then give the researchers a program (that will be like the editor) to put the data straight into the necessary files for us...

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Grounds for Associate ICC members are as complete as I can get them. If anyone has any info on Italian cricket and their main cricket ground I'd appreciate it -- its the only one I can't find info on.

Bangladesh grounds are finished in basic form.

I will start on the Full Test countries now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Good gear Steve...

Look forward to getting that info from you...

As soon as it arrives, a few other things can get set in motion

bomber

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by SteveG
Grounds for Associate ICC members are as complete as I can get them. If anyone has any info on Italian cricket and their main cricket ground I'd appreciate it -- its the only one I can't find info on.

Bangladesh grounds are finished in basic form.

I will start on the Full Test countries now.

Steve try this site? http://www.crickitalia.org/

Enter the site through the english area then scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see CLUBS. Go in there, they have a list of there Italian clubs. :)

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Thanks Bomber, I have visited the Italian site but they had no info about the grounds.

I'll certainly check out the last link you posted.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I am in need of help from any forum members who come from any of the test playing countries.

I need photo's of all major grounds, info such as seating plans, capacity, etc.

These can be images from the net, scanned pics from magazines or anything about test grounds that I can put in my files.

That can also extend to countries like Kenya, Scotland, Ireland who are just beneath test status.

Please help me out. I have got off to a good start but am going to need some in depth data very soon. If you can help then leave me a PM and I will send you my email addy. Thanks.

denver82

School Cricketer
I recently sent Scatter a panoramic set of photos from Scotland's home ground at the Grange Club in Edinburgh. I can send them to you as well if you would like.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
That would be great, thanks denver. I'll send you a PM with my email addy.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I have just about completed half of the Test Grounds. Have found some photo's on Pakistani grounds hard to find. Also Kenya and a couple of South African grounds.

Anyone from those countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread