Story Roofrom50 Returns - Australia tour of New Zealand 2009/10

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia-Cricket.jpg

Well here we go Ladies and Gentlemen. Roofrom50 is back on PlanetCricket. It's been a while since i have last logged on here, but i have now found myself with a bit of time on my hands to start once again, one of my quality stories.
I am hoping you have all enjoyed my work in the past, so you all now know, what to expect from me, so i am hoping you will enjoy this new story and the new features i bring into the story. I have enjoyed my time off from Planetcricket, but it is good to be back and it's good to see the many new on-comers here. (And some regulars)

I will be looking at the up-coming Fixture where Australia travels over to New Zealand to face the black caps in a series of events. All forms of the game will be on display within 2 months over in New Zealand, and this will be a series for the ages, as both teams are looking to get back into the top ranks of the leaders in all 3 forms of the game. 20/20, followed by one day matches and then followed by the 3 Test Matches that will conclude the end of the series and hopefully we have a winner towards the end.

FIXTURE

1st T20I: New Zealand vs Australia at Wellington - Feb 26th, 2010
2nd T20I: New Zealand vs Australia at Christchurch - Feb 28th, 2010

1st ODI: New Zealand vs Australia at Napier - Mar 3rd, 2010
2nd ODI: New Zealand vs Australia at Auckland - Mar 6th, 2010
3rd ODI: New Zealand vs Australia at Hamilton - Mar 9th, 2010
4th ODI: New Zealand vs Australia at Auckland - Mar 11, 2010
5th ODI: New Zealand vs Australia at Wellington - Mar 13, 2010

1st Test: New Zealand vs Australia at Wellington - Mar 19-23, 2010
2nd Test: New Zealand vs Australia at Hamilton - Mar 27-31, 2010

OffCutters

International Coach
Omfg Roo, you`re back! :D Great start, but obviously there will be a whitewash...we`ll smash the Kiwis eh?

Hope this story lasts long!

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Great dude... I was waiting for your stories..
I'm a fan of your hand and mind, not you:p:p

Binnu added 4 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Well here we go Ladies and Gentlemen
I reckon there are no ladies here at PC:p:p

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Yay, Roo's back! Hopefully this story actually finishes unlike several of your others.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Wasn't around last time you were. :p
New Zealand will surly be going for the clean sweep...

Roofrom50

International Coach
austrraliagearup.jpg

The Australian Cricket team have all gathered to the Sydney Airport this afternoon, and are about ready to head over to the shores of New Zealand to face the Kiwi's in a Series of matches.
The Aussies are going into this series as massive favorites, but they will have their handfuls against this unpredictable New Zealand side.

A big crowd has flocked to the Sydney Airport to see off the Australian side, and plenty of Media has arrived to try and catch interviews with the players before they leave to face the Kiwi's. Most of the Australian players weren't in the mood to talk to the Media, and they just had their minds on the game and to win the Series. Players sat around and signed autographs and took photos with the plenty of fans that had arrived, but far then a few talked to the Media.
Michael Clarke who was going to be the Captain of the Australian side in the 20/20 and the One Day matches spoke to us, and this is what he had to say......

Michael_Clarke.jpg
Well first of all i am previledge to be handed the Captaincy job from Ricky in the two formats of the game. I feel like i have a lot to offer this Cricket club, and hopefully we can head in the right direction when on field, because lately we have been slipping away and ordering ourselves down the ranks off the league table. But we're going to try everything in our power to climb back up to the top and become one of the successful sides that we once was. Not just in the 20/20 and One Day matches, but also the Test Matches we have been slipping over the past year, and have given up our post position, so we'll be looking to take that back with consecutive wins against the Kiwi's once we get over there.
Ricky has done a wonderful job with this group over the last couple of years, but once in a while, the team is going to change. Players are going to move on, players do become old and they do retire, and then you have to rebuild and bring in some youngsters, which is what our team has experienced over the last 2 years with the likes of Gilly, Haydos, Warne and McGrath all leaving. We have had to blood some youngsters, and believe me, they couldn't have handled the situation any better then they did. All the young guys are eager to have success, and they are all putting in 110% to try and make this Cricket club successful like it once was.

But i have now been given the job and i am certainly looking forward to the challenge of managing this young group of players, and it;s good to have someone like Ricky still playing at the club, but giving up his Captaincy. Things are changing in Aussie Cricket, and this is just the start of things.

AustralianCricketersPerthAirport5Vb.jpg

Ricky Ponting races away to catch the plane to New Zealand

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Punter has to miss the flight:laugh
BTW, Great job Roo..
Clarke's words made me give some ideas which'll be ripped soon in my words:spy;):p

Roofrom50

International Coach
Punter has to miss the flight:laugh
BTW, Great job Roo..
Clarke's words made me give some ideas which'll be ripped soon in my words:spy;):p

Now now, we couldn't have that. We wouldn't want Punter to miss the flight :p or do we :rtfl

Users who are viewing this thread